Everything posted by Amentep
- My thread....
- My thread....
- My thread....
- My thread....
-
My thread....
- My thread....
- My thread....
- My thread....
- What you did today
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70877-and-now-a-sneek-peek-at-the-making-of-poe-documentary/ The sneak peak at the Making of POE Documentary. EDIT: It portray's Obsidian's situation as pretty grimly at the time of the kickstarter.- What you did today
Yeah, it strikes me as odd too. Me I'm just happy we're going to have Obsidian around given the stark tale of the documentary snippets, much less the game (which I will also be happy to play whenever it is that I play it).- Pillars of Eternity – Partnership FAQ for Backers
If it wasn't for us there wouldn't be a game. So I guess we always have that over the plebs.- The culture of Rape, Bill Cosby Story
Not Voltaire. IIRC both of Voltaire's most famous equotes are misattributed as he never said the 'defend your right to disagree' one either, that was a... biographer? I think. (Ironically the best sourcing for the first quote is supposedly a white supremacist convicted of child pr0n offences) Evelyn Beatrice Hall in The Friends of Voltaire (1906) as a way to illustrate Voltaire's beliefs.- Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.
Who knew I'd live to see the day where an academic paper quotes one "Pariah Pottymouth" in its contents... :D- Serious first world problems: How do you name your Characters?
Even an old woman Ethel was a young woman Ethel once...- What's on the idiot box... Part 3
Nero Wolfe is great, classic mysteries. Can't recommend it too highly. Currently watching the Canadian mystery series MURDOCH MYSTERIES first season which is okay. Sometimes not terribly subtle but I like the idea - even if it's sometimes stretched out of shape- of cutting edge science being used.- Serious first world problems: How do you name your Characters?
"Hello, I'm Albus Sexwithgandalf, of the North Dunland Sexwithgandalfs." Really I play names by ear; I have a few common ones I use but often I just let the lore/world/character speak to me.- Serious first world problems: How do you name your Characters?
Dave the unemployed dreamer who thinks that he can just grab a sword and run around in some random caves and whack some monsters and grab some loot so that he won't be 'the unemployed' anymore but "the rich bastard everyone hates because he's all 'look at me, I'm rich and have goblin heads in my dining room and all you do is weave baskets or whatever'"- Dragon Age: Inquisition
I could be wrong. I'm terrible at hunting secrets in game. I remember a few places where ambient soundtrack was strong, but never found anything there that'd indicate a reason for the sounds other than soundtrack.- Dragon Age: Inquisition
I hear some ambient soundtrack pieces in both of the videos, but nothing that I think is game related.- my new car
I was driving a 1990 Toyota Corolla when this thread was started... ...which I was still driving into 2013... I'm probably the least likely person to ever post to this thread...- Movies you've seen recently
I'm wondering if they'll go the easy way out. We already know that Ripley had Alien Nightmares either in cryosleep or coming out of it. Could 3 and 4 be retconned to be Ripley's nightmares in the reboot? This way they still "happened" to Ripley, but only as nightmare fears she had in cryo after the 2nd film.- Movies you've seen recently
Nightbreed's one of my favorite films. Loved the director's cut. Given that it wasn't an amazingly budgeted film, I think they did remarkably well with the makeup.- Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.
Yes, the previous Thor series that ended in 2012 was "long in the tooth" at issue #22. That was the post-Ragnarok, rebirth of the Asgardians Thor comic (IIRC). It was followed by Aaron's own male Thor comic (that ran another 25 issues before this relaunch that Aaron says was always part of the story he started telling two years ago). While I'll agree that we can't really draw meaningful conclusions (say on the fact that circulation numbers are a guesstimate since Marvel doesn't release circulation numbers anymore), its not quite the apples-to-oranges situation you describe.- Pickpocketing
Actually it's pretty easy to implement pocket picking. Just create a few random loot tables based on victim class/wealth/whatever and when sucessful you get a piece of random pocket loot. A few coins, a ball of lint, a lucky rabbits foot, whatever. If desired you can place rare/exotic items in the loot tables (not a good idea if you ask me, but that's my opinion) and the fact that they're generated at ramdom means X NPC doesn't always have Y item so you don't get "Must rob X NPC everytime you play the game because it's the only way to get Y item." It won't be "Must rob X NPC every time to get Y Item" it'll become "You must pickpocket every NPC everytime to increase the odds of getting Y item until you get Y item (unless you can pickpocket 2". But that really wasn't my contention on the difficulty of pickpocketing - my contention is to successfully simulate pickpocketing (IMO) you'd need to consider facing, victim-NPC awareness, other NPC awareness (particularly Johnny Law), which pocket was to be picked, what size/weight the item was before ever being able to calculate success.- Let's play Fallout New Vegas
- My thread....
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.