Everything posted by majestic
-
TV & streaming thread
I hoped Black Mirror would stratch an itch that the end of Outer Limits '95 left, but... not enough downer endings.
-
BIS Boards Reunion Tour
Hoi guys. And gals. It's been a while.
-
The Funny Stuff thread
Today I found out that David Firth released an 11th episode of Salad Fingers recently: It's been five years since the last one. Worth the wait? Yeah, you bet.
-
TV & streaming thread
I take it you didn't like Brotherhood then?
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
-
Music Listening & Sharing
- TV & streaming thread
Well, the "plot" thickens...- What are you playing right now?
The first game I played was Pitfall. The first PC game I played... depends a bit on whether one would count Windows Entertainment Pack games like Klotski or the ones that came with Windows, i.e. Minesweeper or Solitaire. Assuming those don't count as real games the first PC game I played was Red Baron, followed by Wing Commander and Alone in the Dark. Some History Line: 1914-1918 in between, which essentially was Battle Isle with WW1 units.- Weirder, More random, More Interesting.
- What are you playing right now?
A real time tactics/turn based strategy space battle simulator set in the Warhammer 40k universe.- TV & streaming thread
I'm not sure I could name a favorite TV series episode (or made for TV film) in general. Quality of Mercy was a fantastic piece of storytelling with only two actors and another guy in a really cheap plastic armor. It didn't feel like the showrunners were trying to cut down production costs. Heh. It's surprisingly difficult to get Twilight Zone here. TV stations don't air it, it's on no streaming service and while there are box sets to buy they're not only ridiculously expensive but also riddled with production problems that were never fixed.- The All Things Movie Thread
Y u no Bruce Campbell? Other than that looks pretty much like a must see.- TV & streaming thread
I think Ira Steven Behr is a huge James Darren fan and at some point just asked him if he'd come on the show, and he agreed. That's the reason he was shoehorned into every other episode. And sometimes I feel like the only one that liked the Ferengi episodes. Profit and Lace in particular got a lot of hate but I just laughed at the antics. It really helps being a fanboy sometimes, also Ezri didn't bother me one bit. I doubt I'll ever get tired of watching Bree Tristan* in anything. If anyone had to replace Joey Summerskill it's nice that it was her. *Best bottle episode on TV in the history of ever. Fly of Breaking Bad comes close (and is obviously far superior in production values), but nothing really beats that look on the T-1000's face after realizing what he's done. Heh.- The Funny Stuff thread
I recently found my copy of Der Struwwelpeter. The title story is about a boy refusing to groom himself (or be groomed by his parents): The hilarious part was the caption on the front page, translation shamelessly copied from Wikipedia. Lustige Geschichten und drollige Bilder mit 15 schön kolorierten Tafeln für Kinder von 3–6 Jahren ("funny stories and whimsical pictures with 15 beautifully coloured panels for children aged 3–6"). The book is full of stories where children have their thumbs cut off, burn themselves to a cinder or starve to death. Fun and whimsy, what else? Insert appropriate millennial joke here.- TV & streaming thread
Finished Love, Death + Robots. Was pretty good overall, some episodes are simply epic (Three Robots is amazing). Sonnie's Edge is still not good, except for the animation of course. Beyond the Aquila Rift reminded me a bit of the Outer Limits revival show episode Tempests.- Good Old Games
Well, that's another 13 bucks for GOG.- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
- Political Point and Counterpoint
:D- TV & streaming thread
Apparently there's (maybe?) 4 different episode orders, based on no one knows what, . So not everyone is getting the same first episode. https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/love-death-and-robots-netflix-episode-order-changing-1202052377/ Well looks like I need to clarify then, I was talking about the episode Sonnie's Edge which was the first for me, and apparenly is the first episode of the default order (at least as far as external info sites are concerned).- TV & streaming thread
That's not nebulous at all.- TV & streaming thread
Well, that was one terrible episode. The tension at the end left me at the edge of my seat. From almost falling off after dozing off. Good job making Michael a wangsty teenager for half the episode by the way. Sheesh.- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
- Music Listening & Sharing
- Music Listening & Sharing
Time for me to step up the cheese level: edit: /thread.- Music Listening & Sharing
Speaking of some boom boom... - TV & streaming thread
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.