Everything posted by mkreku
- The NHL Thread.
-
Gun Control in the US
Did I ever mention that owning fully automatic assault rifles with 30 round magazines is actually legal in Sweden..? My father owned one up until a couple of years ago, but traded it for a hunting rifle (which is more practical when you, you know, actually hunt). This one. The irony is that Sweden's gun laws are actually more lax than in the US. The big difference is control. Imagine that.
- The NHL Thread.
-
Borderlands
I bought Borderlands 2 in the Steam 50% off sale. Will install later.
-
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]
It's open world. Even though I never even made it out of the (first?) city in The Witcher, I'm automatically interested in this because of those two words.
-
What are you playing now?
Omg, here I'm giving you the chance to play an excellent Ultima clone the size of Dagerfall on your Android device (ie. phone) and not even one comment about it?! I NEED A NEW FORUM!!1!
-
What are you playing now?
I'm playing an old-school RPG on my Android device called 9th Dawn. Surprised by how much fun it is, even with crap controls. http://www.valorware.com/ If you have an Android device, I recommend checking it out.
-
Gun Control in the US
When a right wing nut rambles about "guns don't kill people, people kill people", does it only apply to guns? Or does the same rules apply to hand grenades? Or rocket launchers? Or nuclear missiles? Or is it just guns? Maybe only guns are innocent, lifeless objects, while the other weapons are self aware entities with a mean streak.
- The NHL Thread.
-
The NHL Thread.
I've been impressed by Markov. Of course, I've been impressed by him for the last 10 years now. He reminds me of a hockey version of Zinedine Zidane. And, as everyone else in the league, I've been impressed by Marleau, Gaborik and that Russian rookie Tarasenko. *Disclaimer: I have not actually watched entire games, only the highlights from the NHL channel on Youtube.
- The NHL Thread.
-
What are you playing now?
Been playing Wordament on my work phone.. God I wish there was a new Gothic game coming out soon. Not a new game in the Gothic series, but a new game with the same core features that made the first two Gothic games so great. Even Piranha Bytes are straying further and further away from the kind of games I like.
- The NHL Thread.
-
The funny things thread
- What are you playing now?
Yeah, the grinding is what killed it for me. I loved the Gothic games, which are basically the same as Demon's Soul/Dark Souls, except.. when you kill something in those games it stays dead. I absolutely hated the fact that everything came back over and over and over, like nothing I did had any meaning or purpose. For me it was not challenging, it was boring.- Gun Control in the US
Yeah, it's great that we have all those Americans with their little handguns there to save us then.. ... I think you need to watch less Hollywood hero movies.- The NHL Thread.
- What you did today
- Gun Control in the US
It annoys me that every right wing nut who is opposed to gun control thinks that it's the same as removing all guns from the population. Gun control means that you have to follow certain rules to be able to own guns. It means that you do not hand them out like candy for people who open bank accounts or buys a new car. You can still pile up guns in your home if you want, there are gun collectors in Sweden too, as long as you take responsibility for them. They are dangerous tools. In Sweden, the rules are pretty simple: 1.) Don't be a crazy person. They do a check of your criminal record and if you've had mental issues. 2.) You need training. This takes time and costs money, so it usually sorts out the ones wanting a gun fast and cheap. 3.) Weapons need to be stored in safe cabinets. My father owns six guns, thus his cabinet had to weigh 450 lbs. 4.) A vital part of the weapon must be stored in another place than the actual gun. Same with the ammunition. What is so hard to comprehend about an absolute lunatic with voices in his head will kill a lot more people by just smashing a car window and reach for a gun, than if he has to break into a safe to get the gun, search for the missing vital part, break open a second safe to get that part and then find the ammo? No, gun control will not stop every madman, of course not. It will not stop Breivik, obviously. That is not the point. The point is that it stops some. Maybe even most. And this misguided romantic notion of a true american cowboy defending his home with his own hands and his own guns is so far off the reality scale that it's not worth arguing against.- Family Issues
No. He wants to disown his son because the son's love of his life is not what he prefers. And he keeps bringing up these really petty situations to back up his opinion, an opinion which many people already find offensive even without these examples. Sure, you may not love everyone in your extended family equally much, but geez.. learn to accept them. Hot-showgirl-wife is not going to change so he'd better get to changing his own attitude pronto, or he will split his own family for nothing but pride and narrowmindedness. This is how I see it.- Top Ten of 2012 thread
ESCHALON 3, MOTHER****ERS- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!
Wow, Eschalon 3.. I bought both parts of the series so far (and I'm still annoyed by how little recognition these two games got on this board, full of self-proclaimed proponents for turn based old school RPG's), but it had slipped out of my radar. Rumour has it they're finally releasing mod tools. Considering that these games biggest flaw has always been a desperate lack of content, that can only be a good thing.- What are you playing now?
Ok, I need help, I think. Or my mom does. I convinced her to buy The Walking Dead on Steam (because she loves adventure games and it was 50% off). She played through what I assume was Episode 1 today, because it only lasted a few hours and then the end texts started scrolling past. How does she get to Episode 2? She thought the game ended, so I am guessing it is not obvious how to proceed to the next episode. I haven't played it myself so I have no clue, but since you guys have been talking yourselves blue about this game, someone ought to know.- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!
What..? Show me.- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!
How was Ouya ever "extremely dodgy"? - What are you playing now?