Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mkreku

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mkreku

  1. To find a post like this from the only poster on this forum to have been absolutely infatuated with a game character, to the point of it becoming slightly creepy for the rest of us, is a bit funny. There are obviously female fantasies in games already, the difference is that different things get our respective juices flowing. We like boobs, you like.. berets. And I love how women are always going "they need to make [insert current object of political correctness here] because they did blah blah". No. No, they don't have to make anything. When 50% of developers are female, you can do whatever fantasies you want. Until then, male fantasies will be dominant, of the simple rteason that men are dominant in the industry. It always amazes me, the amount of entitlement females feel in every aspect of life. It's like in Sweden, one of the most gender equal societies in the world, where women for some reason believe they automatically have the right to 50% of everything. An example: we (a bunch of bored guys) started a football club a lot of years ago, out of interest for the sport. We built a football field, we arranged for people to come to practice, we built an organization, we even managed to build an indoor hall for the winter season after many years. We never excluded women, but noone was intertested in joining us. A decade ago, women suddenly realized they can play football too. What do they do? Do they make the same journey as us, building everything from the ground up? No. They demand to have 50% of the practice time slots on the field we built. They want 50% of the economy we've accrued. They want 50% of everything we worked for for 30+ years. Because they're women. The best part? They got it because of Swedish equality laws.
  2. Wait, what? My Radeon 5870 still performs ridiculously well, which is why I feel no need at all to upgrade to a 7970 or 8970 (whenever that's out). It is also surprisingly silent (bought one of those overclocked models with three turbo fans, forgot the name). How can an old Nvidia 8800 GTS perform better than a Radeon 5870?
  3. Thanks for the updates! It's been an interesting read
  4. ****. I would have loved to see an Obsidian-made Prey 2 (which is a game I've been interested in since hearing about it a long time ago). **** again.
  5. Well, I don't really replay games very often so it would be a very short list for me. BUT.. Deus Ex. I've replayed this game many times and I've gotten so experienced in it that I sometimes just play it to get that feeling of being in total control of the world, if you know what I mean. I know where everything is, I know what to do to reach that next level, I can kill anything and everything in spectacular ways and so on. It's a good feeling. Gothic. I've replayed all of the Gothic games a few times, but Gothic is the only one I would replay just because I enjoy existing in that world, the colony. I enjoy just wandering around, fighting random things and seeing the sun settle over the hills and forests of the gameworld. An honourable mention should go to Fallout: New Vegas. It's been a long time since I've played and replayed a game as thoroughly as I did with New Vegas. But I'm done with it now and I don't see myself going back to it again. 300+ hours is enough.
  6. Wait for the Radeon 8970 too. AMD usually places itself slightly lower in price (unless they manage a huge performance advantage) and Nvidia usually follows (albeit by introducing slightly tweaked models of existing cards under new names). http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-8970-vs-GeForce-GTX-780
  7. I'm also playing Van Helsing. Excellent little game, but boy do I suck at action RPG's. Wait, that's not true. I'm good at Gothic and Fallout: New Vegas.. Ok, I suck at Diablo clones then. ANYHOW.. This game surprises me with the quality of content on offer. The voice overs are unexpectedly good (bar a few exceptions), the graphics are downright beautiful sometimes, the character development and skill..thingies feel well thought out. I'm getting more powerful by the minute and it's as addictive as it should be. I'm up to level 28 or something, but I have no idea how far I am in the story.
  8. What a sausage fest! I spot like three girls.. in both pics combined!
  9. Ever wondered where all the unicorns disappeared to? . . . Yeah.
  10. You youngsters and your fancy graphics.
  11. mkreku replied to Tigranes's topic in Way Off-Topic
    I just have to post what a normal game looks like to me: Yeah, I can't spot the difference between a dusty road in mid-USA and Australia or any dusty road in the middle of Africa..
  12. mkreku replied to Tigranes's topic in Way Off-Topic
    OK! I'm going to do a Let's Play to show you how it looks for me. I'll post the starting position (untouched) and what clue made me guess. ROUND 1: Oh wow. Good start. It says Kazan on the hotel sign. Maybe Kazachstan? I have no idea, so I guess Russia Pointer in the middle of Russia and off we go! I actually ended up pretty close, but I will not show the results yet. ROUND 2: Uh oh. Now it begins. This is usually completely impossible. But.. When I turn around I see the backside of a big sign. I take a few steps towards it and turn around: Aha! I recognize the Thailand flag! Marker in the middle of Thailand and BAM.. I'm off by like 800 kilometers. Wtf. I will not show the results again ROUND 3: Nooo. I have NO idea where this is and since Spanish is one of the world's biggest languages, it could be anywhere! Also, the place is full of signs, but they are only of commercial nature. I take a few steps in a random direction.. and spot this: SUDCALIFORNIA! Aha! I place the marker in the southern parts of the Californian peninsula and I'm very close. Good score. Woo! ROUND 4: CRAP! A nondistinct road. At least it is covered in snow so it's probably Canada. It's always ****ing Canada. But.. then I turn around (and cross a bridge): Lucky! It's Norway, I know these places! I try to find them on the map, but I only find the lake Engeren. Good enough. Very close, it turns out! ROUND 5: Nooo, another nondescript road! At least it looks like home so it must be Europe. I again turn around and spot a small sign by the road. I zoom in and: Remlund? Romlund? Something like that. So Norway or Denmark. But Denmark is much greener than ugly Norway so SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF DENMARK. Surprisingly close! END RESULT: Omg, of course I absolutely demolish my personal best just as I've written about how people cheat like crazy in this game.. 15999 is my new personal best anyhow. Beat that if you can
  13. You got me. Downloading now. Edit: ..and I need to use Steam more often in the night:
  14. mkreku replied to Tigranes's topic in Way Off-Topic
    With friends like this, you would be too:
  15. https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/337925623555186688/photo/1 That Andree Wallin dude is slightly talented. Slightly.
  16. Kylan is the Swedish word for "the cold" Kylan "The Cold" Coats! Sounds like a WWE wrestler with a constantly runny nose.
  17. Every time I read this forum I feel like some sort of anti-Project-Eternity fan. I don't want overhead maps, I don't want party management, I don't want 2D graphics, I like chainmail bikinis.. and I really hate flashy magic effects. In fact, I wish there was no magic in games at all! Yeah, I didn't back this..
  18. Let me know how it is. I'm dangling on the edge of the purchase button.
  19. Wishful thinking. They have neither confirmed, nor denied this. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-08-sony-definitively-rules-out-always-online-for-ps4
  20. mkreku replied to Tigranes's topic in Way Off-Topic
    I absolutely hate this game. Or actually how people act and brag about their 25000+ scores. I bet noone would get more than like 10000 points if they were not alone while playing and did not have access to Google.
  21. Speaking of the PS4, I love the timing of this teaser: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-20-new-video-teases-the-playstation-4-box
  22. I read that it would simply be called Xbox again. Just to mess with google searches..
  23. Edler basically got a life sentence for that hit. He must sit five games. But those five games only count if he is picked for the team. Who in the world would pick a player for a tournament that they have to bench for five games, when they can pick someone who can actually be out on the ice helping the team? Need I mention that the people who decided on this punishment were all Canadian and American?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.