Everything posted by alanschu
-
What has Europe ever done for us?
Hahaha this thread is great.
-
ATI and AMD Merger
I wonder if they'll find a way to make the acronym recursive. I always like ATI's (which stands for ATI Technologies Incorporated )). If the article is correct it sounds more like AMD would be utilizing ATI's fab facilities for AMD processors. Given finite production, it sounds like ATI chipset supply would be taking a bit of a hit, as there'd be less fab time for ATI graphics chipsets. Though this would ignore any innovations AMD may have in producing chips, as well as any technology sharing between the two companies both in terms of wafer production as well as chip engineering. In the end, I see it as a mutually beneficial for both sides.
-
Want a new CRPG.
Apparently you conveniently forgot: After this statement, it is completely obvious that you don't consider yourself better. Seriously, you get offended when people defend themselves when you start claiming that they aren't as deep, intelligent, progressive, or as evolved as you? Grow some thick skin if you want to proclaim that you are somehow superior to people. Sounds like you're doing the same thing bub. It's easy why. Because it's a simple game with minimal learning curve for the significantly vast majority of people that don't have hours upon hours to invest into videogaming. More importantly, people find it FUN!!! If you can't understand why people have different tastes than you, then that is your problem. One that you should probably rectifiy before going all holier-than-thou and implying that other people are essentially not as developed/evolved/whatever as you are. It's also the same guy that says PC gaming is cheaper than console gaming.
-
I too need a new RPG
Can you not play Oblivion in 3rd person on the X-Box? I can do it on my PC
-
Combat Mission games
Which game would you want to try out? I'm thinking CMBB would be the one to pique my fancy. I'm vaguely familiar with the game as I did play the BO demo when it came out. I was a Close Combat fan though, so I sort of forgot about this one. I'm game for the clean slate as well, as it would make for some interesting manouvers in the way of mistakes costing us bigtime :D One thing I liked about Close Combat was setting up your units from an allocation pool. I wasn't sure if the CM games had that or not in the campaign, which had me somewhat hesitant way back in the day. I'll be in and out of this thread for the moment, as I try out the CMBB demo.
-
Combat Mission games
I noticed that the two sequels, Afrika Korps and Barbarossa to Berlin are 30% off if you use Direct Download
-
Want a new CRPG.
Angry Eldar brings up good points, so don't let it get you down
-
Want a new CRPG.
I think this is why he called them elitists. If games "should have moved on" as you say, then why is Diablo 2 easily one of the better selling PC games of all time? Ironically, it's the gameplay of Diablo that is its charm, whether or not you like to admit it. It's not the most complex game in the entire world, but that's part of its charm. Don't like Diablo? Fine. Don't go around saying what gameplay "should" be, when it is obvious that many people disagree with you. If people didn't want this "poor" gameplay, they wouldn't buy it.
-
Combat Mission games
What are the Combat Mission games like? I played a demo of it once, a looong time ago. I did enjoy it. Anyone out there recommend for or against purchasing it?
-
Hitman: Blood Money
- NHL
I believe the Oilers will have had 8 straight days off. I'm not too worried about the flu bothering them anymore.- Want a new CRPG.
You hate it so much that it's one of your favourite games ever.- ATI and AMD Merger
Wow. Talk about the conspiracy theorists- Crazy Glue
May you die a horrible, horrible death.- Am I the only one...
I think you can replace Americans and Canadians with human beings.- ATI and AMD Merger
Yes really. I'm not even sure how AMD could make a processor that didn't want to work with an nVidia chipset anyways. If anything it would be the motherboard that did it.- HL2 Ep 1 Thread
Well that was a fun little action romp. Good times good times!- Crazy Glue
- ATI and AMD Merger
AMD would lose money in the long run if nVidia didn't run their games properly. You can run an ATI card fine on a computer with an nVidia chipset. Why?- ATI and AMD Merger
Heh, why? Only if nVidia fans were so adamant to not use AMD chips for some stupid reason.- Want a new CRPG.
When a game comes with tools specifically designed with the intent of allowing users to create their own stories (like NWN), it probably results in them depending somewhat on mods. Although I didn't actually play too many mods for NWN. I played Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher and that was about it. No PW either.- NHL
I'm too lazy to go back, but I think I said Buffalo/Edmonton. Hopefully we're fully recovered from that annoying Flu bug!- Want a new CRPG.
Heh, I guess when you put it like that- Want a new CRPG.
Which is why we haven't been recommending NWN purely for the fact that you CAN have mods. But rather that there ARE good mods. I didn't bother commenting on The Opera or Action Half-Life when recommending Half-Life, because they weren't worth it IMO. In some people's mind, Counterstrike alone justified a purchase of Half-Life, and they didn't even bother playing Half-Life or anything else. Just CS.- Who's the best video game spy?
That's what I'm thinking too. Except that I didn't really stalk anybody in the Opera level. . - NHL