Hitman: Blood Money

http://www.gamershell.com/download_13964.shtml

Well, whadda ya know, all of sudden a demo is out.

I have yet to play it, but I sorta thought that maybe some of you would like to. :cool:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, it'd been cool if they had released the demo a little earlier, though. It would have eased the craving of some of us. :D

Good game, by the way. It has everything that made Silent Assassin great, and a few more things.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

How's the length, Numbs?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

So 15-23 or so? Oh well...

kirottu said:

Heh. No idea how long it is, yet. I'm on the fifth stage and missions seem to have a similar complexity to those of Contracts/Silent Assassin. The game actually has a plot, so I'm hoping it'll last more than Contracts did.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sounds good and the demo seemed fine. Beautiful level design.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

If the Demo would download faster than 17k a second I'd be able to try the damn thing. :angry:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Mine loaded 217k/s. :D

kirottu said:

Mine loaded 217k/s. :D

<_<

It's now slowed down to 16k.

Should be done buy 3am, thats 8 fecking hours, why do you taunt me god why???

:lol:

Edited by sucky

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Sounds good and the demo seemed fine. Beautiful level design.
Yeah, level design is definitely one of the strong points of the franchise. Don't rely too much on the demo for an impression of the mechanics of the game. It's the amusement park level, right? It's a tutorial of sorts in the full game. I found it to be pretty unsophisticated, allowing only for one way around obstacles which often involved dispensing rather hefty doses of lead. In the rest of the levels you are still able to keep the body count to just the target.

Well, the only serious problem you'll probably have with the PS2 controller may be when sniping. Apart from that, you won't be getting into firefights, ever, unless you're not aiming for a Silent Assassin rating. And from what I've played, the game usually offers a close & personal alternative to using the sniper rifle (as you might not have it, since you choose your equipment before the mission).

The graphics are an entirely different matter.

Edited by 213374U

I think it's funny that the single most interesting new feature the game has is the human shield and what you can do with it. The funny bit is that it took so long to implement that. Not to mention knockout without sedative. I mean, how hard can it be to knock the lights out of some crook for half an hour or so? It's a logical implement.

kirottu said:

I think it's funny that the single most interesting new feature the game has is the human shield and what you can do with it. The funny bit is that it took so long to implement that. Not to mention knockout without sedative. I mean, how hard can it be to knock the lights out of some crook for half an hour or so? It's a logical implement.
Yeah, that's pretty cool. It probably was a long time demand over at the IO boards.

The most interesting new feature, however, is probably the notoriety system. Witnesses you allow to escape alive will be questioned by the police who will in turn elaborate a sketch that will be published in the papers and allow people to recognize you in later missions. The sketch's likeness depends on how many witnesses have seen you. You can also be recorded on CCTV, which will increase your notoriety by quite a bit. You can reduce your notoriety by means of exorbitant bribes, that can take up a large part of what you earn in a mission, though. The game also features a monetary penalty for any clues left in the scene such as your suit, or any of your custom weapons. I believe in the higher difficulty levels, this increases your notoriety as well.

All in all, very good stuff.

This game is sounding really good, I gave up on the demo though so I still aren't convinced enough to get it now as I played Hitman 2, which was fun for the first few levels, but I ultimately gave up on because I got bored with it and there were loads of small things which annoyed me about it which gradually became more and more annoying as I progressed.

One to get in a couple of months when the price comes down methinks.

Not to mention knockout without sedative. I mean, how hard can it be to knock the lights out of some crook for half an hour or so? It's a logical implement.

Well, smacking someone on the head is pretty unpredictable in whether or not you're really knock them out, kill them, or just tick them off, plus it would be pretty hard to guess how long they'd be out for. Using ether, chloroform, or whatever was in the syringe in Contracts however, you could much more efficiently gauge roughly how long someone would be out. I liked how in the older games, the longer you soaked the handkerchief and held it over the persons face, the longer they'd be out. It's actually a bit disappointing to hear you can just beat them into unconciousness if I'm understanding you correctly.

Jeez, taken out of context, that might have been one of the most disturbing paragraphs I've ever written. :(

Not to mention knockout without sedative. I mean, how hard can it be to knock the lights out of some crook for half an hour or so? It's a logical implement.

Well, smacking someone on the head is pretty unpredictable in whether or not you're really knock them out, kill them, or just tick them off, plus it would be pretty hard to guess how long they'd be out for. Using ether, chloroform, or whatever was in the syringe in Contracts however, you could much more efficiently gauge roughly how long someone would be out. I liked how in the older games, the longer you soaked the handkerchief and held it over the persons face, the longer they'd be out. It's actually a bit disappointing to hear you can just beat them into unconciousness if I'm understanding you correctly.

Jeez, taken out of context, that might have been one of the most disturbing paragraphs I've ever written. :)

If it's randomized between killing your victim, ticking them off, and successfully knocking them out I'll be one happy gamer.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

What I would like to know is whether 47 can dress up as women now. Wait... is there a mod that can do that for the old games?
Now, now. That would be telling... :rolleyes:

If it's randomized between killing your victim, ticking them off, and successfully knocking them out I'll be one happy gamer.
It's not. You always knock them out successfully, and for the rest of the mission. No deaths either, unless you do something afterwards. That's not so bad, really. You already have enough in your hands to have to worry about people waking up.