Everything posted by alanschu
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
The Lance Armstrong cameo was great. And IIRC, wasn't the Hoff the coach of the German team?
-
NWN2 Multiplatform Support
We'd all love that. Except it's completely unrealistic.
-
What are you playing ...
I remember having that problem. IIRC, it's a link on one of the pages, AIM's I think. I kept wondering how long it would take to get Bobby Ray's as well.
-
Hitman: Blood Money
My SA in Murder of Crows:
-
Apparently all of us were wrong
Interesting
-
10+ Dimensions, string theory fantasies or truth?
So if someone says you don't know anything, is it a compliment?
-
Hitman: Blood Money
With respect to the deliver guy, I think his actions were more in response to the letter he received. He didn't want to take any chances that maybe the guy had read it or anything like that. His security is paramount!
-
Hitman: Blood Money
He still had no problems shooting dudes in the face begging for their lives.
-
What happened to all the good space sims??
Have we found a new mod for the OE to go pillaging?
-
Masters in CS
Sounds like it's still technically a CS degree though, just with a focus in games programming. Naturally. Though any CS student that is interested in games is likely going to take those courses anyways. Though it depends. My friend works on tools at Bioware, and he didn't bother with a lot of those courses and it likely wasn't needed anyways.
-
10+ Dimensions, string theory fantasies or truth?
The one I liked was: "The more you know...the more you know you don't know."
-
2006 FIFA World Cup
Yes, I'm sure Baggio had no problems claiming the title of goat for all eternity because it was "Italy's turn to lose" and he was supposed to miss the penalty kick. Wow, you predicted a 1-1 score in a soccer game (I thought you had predicted 2-1 though). You must be a prophet! Seriously man...give it up. Yes the Australians got boned on an absolute crap call, but give it a rest.
-
2006 FIFA World Cup
Well, the Italians are tough. Their screams of agony indicate that they receive multiple career ending injuries a game. But they find a way to miraculously recover time and time again. I think the Italians (and the Portuguese) are superhuman!
-
Hitman: Blood Money
Mr. Clean's ruthlessness really comes out at the end.
-
Original Street Fighter 2 US game cover
Chun Li looks fine.
-
Pictures of your Games: Revolutions
It's not really a blood and gore type game, but it is certainly a violent one, if that's your thing.
-
2006 FIFA World Cup
So Zidane headbutted a guy because he was supposed to throw the game? You're looking for the things after the fact. Had you actually been able to predict it prior to the tournament, I'd be much more impressed. Ever since Australia got eliminated, you've been looking for evidence of a conspiracy. Look hard enough, and you'll find something.
-
Anybody looking forword to Battlefield 2142?
Outside of a few levels that have an aircraft carrier or something, I found that the uncapturable bases were few and far between. At least compared to BF1942. I guess there is more than BF:Vietnam, because I think they completely got rid of it.
-
2006 FIFA World Cup
I'm going to go Occam's Razor and say yes, it is a coincidence.
-
Hitman: Blood Money
It's probably slower too, though I haven't had a situation of a guy "checking my room" ever, so maybe it isn't? The only extra body is dead, and it's because he committed suicide. I'm not sure if something went wrong with your sedation or not.
-
What are you playing ...
That's what you'd have to do with the DD version. Obviously the convenience of the disc is still higher. If that's something you value, then DD isn't for you.
-
What are you playing ...
I just figured I'd point it out As for the DVD in the drive, that doesn't actually bother me...until I can't find said DVD.
-
2006 FIFA World Cup
Ugh...give it up with the lame conspiracy theory ideas.
-
What are you playing ...
Well, you aren't technically allowed to share with your siblings anyways. Nor are you technically allowed to install on two computers. If that's a deal breaker for you, then I guess that's that. Naturally they have to try to do something to stop outright piracy. It does come with the added benefit (for the most part) of not coming with the "malware" that people hate such as Starforce. The other alternative is the "limited download" paradigm that some online resellers use. Trymedia for instance, limited me to 5 installs with my licence for Eastside Hockey Manager. At first I hesitated, but then I figured that by the time I used up all 5 of my installs, I'd have likely gotten my $20 worth anyways (and I did...after 1 install). Still have 3 installs left. EDIT: Is this the Cthulhu game you were looking for?
-
Hitman: Blood Money
Ok, hotel mission. Here's how I got mine: