Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. I wonder if real estate on the PCBs for motherboards and video cards is limited, and as a result you don't typically have the secondary BIOS. I know my motherboard has it, though I have only flashed my BIOS about 2 times in my entire time as a PC hobbyist starting in 1999. I guess a backup is typically not used because the BIOS isn't exactly something that gets flashed by accident. If a video card maker put a backup BIOS on their card, they'd almost be encouraging people to flash the BIOS.
  2. Have you seen either the Kuei-Jin or the Camarilla ending?
  3. Well....maybe you're army sizes are limited as well? I always thought it was interesting when a single province country had a stack of 50000 troops. I won't mind seeing that gone.
  4. 10 out of 10 Fresca drinkers prefer the taste of Fresca! I love their ad campaigns.
  5. It's probably because if you kill your BIOS, your computer typically doesn't start. The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a very simple system that essentially takes care of all the details for how your computer loads. It's the first thing accessed when you turn on your computer. Hmmm, I couldn't tell if your "For some reason" was sarcastic or not. Oh well, I've typed this much...
  6. I have never really played it. It's apparently quite the AI challenge, given it has an exceptionally large branching factor. I remember reading in my AI textbook that people don't play checkers against an AI, because it's too good, and people don't play Go against an AI, because it's too stupid.
  7. NHL

    alanschu replied to Darque's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Hey, my team is getting **** on too. We can wallow together.
  8. All I remember thinking was something along the lines of "Wow....that sucks!"
  9. The Camarilla ending was a very, very pleasant surprise. I hate how all endings seemingly must be happy, happy endings. The Kuei-Jin ending was also disturbing. Given the cirumstances, it's probably the crappiest one for the PC.
  10. Sounds like this time it is for real.
  11. Things are going well, relatively speaking. Once Germany defeated Poland, it got trickier as we had to deal with signficiantly stronger armies.
  12. I got mine from the forums in Total War Center http://www.twcenter.net
  13. It sounds like they are trying to limit army sizes.
  14. I thought Christian Bale was an excellent Batman.
  15. I'm also liking the fact that border disputes can cause your country to acquire more core provinces!
  16. I have heard that the crossfire implementation of the X1900s is really, really fast as well.
  17. Damn, that looks really, really good ... and makes me want to buy it just to brush up on my medi
  18. My X1900 XTX doesn't really seem louder than my 9800 Pro. And I sit right beside it with the case wide open.
  19. Hahahaha, I never thought anyone would quite benefit from that link :D
  20. Here is their official forum.
  21. I don't think it'd be integrated into the motherboard, but rather the CPU chip itself. If motherboards still come with expansion slots, it'd be less restrictive. As for A*, it's pretty much the pathfinding algorithm. The funny thing is that they say they don't use heuristics, which means they aren't using A* (since A* is a heuristic).
  22. It'd have to be coming in expecting to shoot, and hope it's facing the right way. In any case, I may have to replay through KOTOR 1 again, because from what I understand it was pretty much the entire Republic Navy, not just "a few Republic Ships."
  23. There's a link in the sticky I believe, and it gives a rough estimate to their progress.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.