Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. It's up there with shenanigans!
  2. Ah. As I recall you and I disagree on the importance of the human race. I consider the survival of the species to be the only ineluctably worthwhile thing a human can pursue. I'm also rather fond of human beings. Whereas my recent impression is that you are not! I sure do enjoy living
  3. So you're saying you don't necessarily believe human rights should be put to the side in the name of equal rights? Also, don't play victim. You do the same stuff, pretty much everytime you mention the word Christian. Don't blame us for painting yourself into a corner and being unable to scramble for some way to get out of it.
  4. alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Obsidian General
    I could see the benefit to some smileys no longer being available.
  5. NHL

    alanschu replied to Darque's topic in Way Off-Topic
    I have heard rumours that Huet is out for the season.
  6. Hey, I'm still flabbergasted at the Close Combat comparison I guess CC does have morale. But it's a Real Time WW2 Tactical Combat Simulator. It did have troop morale and destructable environments, though funky weapons (I'd say Fallout Tactics had its share of funky weapons though) and the ability to intercept enemy ships is missing. As is turn based combat consisting of individual soldiers.
  7. I'm sure you would. How noble.
  8. I have no idea. I think because he was right-wing and it's 'in' to bash the right-wing.
  9. You said you value scientific research above equal rights? You'd have no problem if some people took you away and began testing stuff on you, as long as it was in the name of scientific progress? I mean, they could save lives by doing these tests.
  10. Seriously though. Movement towards an observer should cause a blueshift, and movement away from an observer should cause a redshift.
  11. I'm sure these same equal rights are meaningless if policy was enacted that forced some parts of society to abort their unborn children in order to acquire fetus' for stem cell research. But hey, it's for scientific process.
  12. So how exactly was this "letting AIDS happen?" AIDS still happens today as people have unprotected sex with each other, even after 15+ years of knowing about the disease.
  13. So Reagan speaking up would suddenly have resulted in Africa being less infested with AIDS?
  14. And you are in favour of that above all else, including equal rights?
  15. Don't you have that backwards?
  16. alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Obsidian General
    I mean :sad:
  17. I thought he made that pretty clear.
  18. You cant mean this the way Im reading it. Elaborate please. What? Ignoring AIDS: The Reagan Years THE 40TH PRESIDENT: THE OPPONENTS; Critics See a Reagan Legacy Tainted by AIDS.... The Truth About Reagan And AIDS Reagan's AIDS Legacy: Silence Equals Death How exactly is that "letting AIDS happen?"
  19. Scientific progress is more important than equal rights?
  20. alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Obsidian General
    I am :sad: that :sad: is not I'll give you your damned dirty quotation mark...but only this time!!!!!
  21. What? As did the rest of the UN Coalition.
  22. What movies DO you like?
  23. Speaking of odd comparisons...
  24. And why would you assume that your bootcamp would be similar to the basic training of an Army soldier?
  25. Didn't this thread already exist?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.