Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. NHL

    alanschu replied to SteveThaiBinh's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Hey when people keep poking you, you respond back too. The comments that Lowe made aren't reflective of not moving on. They're reflective of him wishing Burke finally would. But I agree with Lowe, Burke is a media junkie and does it for attention since he doesn't get much in the LA market. I think it might be reflective of the new ownership as well.
  2. I always had to go prone because I am a wimp
  3. NHL

    alanschu replied to SteveThaiBinh's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Exactly. Burke scored a Hall of Fame defenseman for a pretty good price, and won himself a Stanley Cup. No sense making a big deal about Lowe attempting to do whatever it takes to make his team better. Some things workout in your favour, some things don't.
  4. NHL

    alanschu replied to SteveThaiBinh's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Then why is Burke still not letting it die? He's the one that keeps bringing up the Lowe drama from last season. Oilers and Kevin Lowe have moved on.
  5. I prefer PC games so I am a "PC Gamer." But I can acknowledge good games on the consoles as well. I get sad that games like Force Unleashed won't be gracing my PC
  6. NHL

    alanschu replied to SteveThaiBinh's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Chicago's goalie situation is interesting right now, and they need to dump salary in a hurry.
  7. Hellgate: London definitely could have been better. It was fun to play through it as a marksman, and it showed that you can have a neat, skill-based system ala diablo 2ish in a FPS environment.
  8. Maybe something similar to Hellgate London?
  9. Sins of a Solar Empire is fun!
  10. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?artic...0866&page=1
  11. NHL

    alanschu replied to SteveThaiBinh's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Except that Escrow exists.
  12. I still remember Otacon's weird diversion where he started babbling on about Otaku. You know, you'd think there'd be a bit more urgency.
  13. Airplane is my favourite!
  14. /me remembers the Naked Guns and Hot Shots movies. <3 Zucker Abrams Zucker
  15. I enjoyed taking my merc (high marskmanship, night ops, and stealthy) combined with Shadow, and the two of us would go in with scoped laser sighted rifles and wipe out whole patrols by ourselves at night. "Too easy" Great for gaining levels and helping you get those precious interrupts.
  16. By 1945, the Bismarck would have been refitted with extra layers of barnacles all over It would probably be a fairer comparison, if Bismarck (and it's often forgotten twin, the Tirpitz) were compared to the ships it was designed to go up against, those of The Royal Navy. The Yamato (and the Musashi and the Shinano, the last two were never finished and were not named) was designed to go toe to toe with the US Navy. I think if the Bismarck had made it out into the Atlantic, it would have been happy hunting season for it for quite some time. Enough for the RN to divert its resources from the Mediterranean and the Far East. The Bismarck did go up against a King George V (The Prince of Wales). Though I think it had pretty much just been commissioned.
  17. NHL

    alanschu replied to SteveThaiBinh's topic in Way Off-Topic
    My Oilers fanboism still feels Pisani should have won the Masterson trophy. Alas.
  18. I disagree that telling students to "be concise" is a pointless thing. People feel compelled to add useless drivel to boost their word count, but rather than sounding impressive, it obfuscates the point and irritates any critical reader. Simply cutting down the wordiness of my essays moved my marks from 50-60% to 80%.
  19. I'm a jerk and have never really had a hard time writing essays haha. Important things I find are to: Be concise. All that high school wordiness will kick your ass at the University level as profs can read through BS like nobody's business! Being concise also makes it easier to get to the point. Occasionally some lead in is required to ensure the reader understands the content that follows, but remember to take the time to acknowledge your audience. Take some time to review the rules of writing. When you're reading your own work, you know what you were thinking while writing it, so the point may seem obvious to you, but if you start having passive voice and comma splices, the point may become obfuscated. Usually I only need to do a single draft of an essay, with editing afterwards. Occasionally I'll have to rewrite some areas of my paper, or possibly cut content (which can be scary since you may feel it's necessary for future parts).
  20. I primarily use firefox, and at home it's on WinXP, at work on some form of Linux.
  21. I haven't seen Taxi Driver, but I think Apocolypse now is pretty entertaining.
  22. Haha me too it was awesome!
  23. I agree wholeheartedly with Torment being a grind. It's just I loved the story and the reading enough to get through it. I know I lot of people that couldn't get past the clunky gameplay though. And even though I love the game, I still stealth my way through Baator.
  24. NHL

    alanschu replied to SteveThaiBinh's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Go Lidstrom....I mean Detroit!
  25. Yeah, Aircraft Carriers became the new Queens of the Sea. Force Projection of several hundred kilometers rather than much closer, and well....planes are cheaper to replace. Losing carriers is devastating though, as Midway demonstrated. 1000 lb bombs on vulnerable unprepared aircraft carrier decks can be quite devastating apparently haha. The US was smart with their modern BBs. They saw the advantage of the aircraft carrier, and made their Battleships have ridiculous amounts of Anti-Aircraft artillery, as well as effectual dual purpose cannons. Getting into bombing/torpedo range of the Yamato is meh.....getting there on an Iowa is scary, because there is just so much saturation of fire! Keeping in mind of course that there is also a picket of escort ships, likely other smaller capital ships, in addition to a likely CV in the area, with its own heavy air defenses. I think there were even some cruiser variatons that were specifically AA cruiisers, that only had the dual purpose artillery rather than a main battery, just to maximize saturation. CLAA I think.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.