What are you playing now?

Pidesco

I raise the What Are You Playing Now thread.

Feel to play around with it, in its zombie unlife.

Spelunky is addictive. And awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yay or nay on EU 3?

If by EU you mean Europa Universalis, then Yay :ermm:

It strikes a good balance between level of detail and playability. Not too much to drown you in micromanagement (like Victoria - an Empire under The Sun) and enough not to make it too superficial (like various computer clones of "risk").

Plus, I like the period of history that it covers (1399 - 1821 or so)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Three games on the go ATM:

Fallout Tactics -- a nice familiar dose of old Fallout game play, but new. Exploring on the world map is prohibitive right now.. sooo many random encounters with dogs and komodo dragons and radscorpions. Maybe I'm just heading in the wrong direction. Sure hope so, anyway.

Daemonica -- a rather morbid adventure game set in medieval England.

Civ IV (The Complete Edition)-- has been a couple decades since I tried playing any sort of strategy/world-building game, and figured this one was as good as any. My empires tend to fall apart whenever I attack my neighbours. :)

Damn, I need a good RPG.

Fallout Tactics -- a nice familiar dose of old Fallout game play, but new. Exploring on the world map is prohibitive right now.. sooo many random encounters with dogs and komodo dragons and radscorpions. Maybe I'm just heading in the wrong direction. Sure hope so, anyway.

I really should play that one some day... bought the original "trilogy" pack a very long time ago. Still haven't gotten around to play Tactics yet though. Isn't there a mod around to fix the reputedly ridiculous amount of random encounters? I think it was that word of mouth thing that prevented me from starting a game originally (and then I eventually forgot that I had it lying around).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I really should play that one some day... bought the original "trilogy" pack a very long time ago. Still haven't gotten around to play Tactics yet though. Isn't there a mod around to fix the reputedly ridiculous amount of random encounters?

I got my Tactics the other day when I saw the "Fallout Trilogy" sitting in Best Buy. :)

I did a bit of poking around on NMA and didn't see a fix for the random encounters. I know there's one out for Fallout 2, but I'm not sure if there's one for Tactics. Odd thing is that I didn't have any such troubles until I completed the missions from the first bunker (there were three of them) and was told the BoS would be heading south and that I should join them there. Naturally, I decided to head north at this point, and that's where I've run into the ridiculous amount of encounters. :)

Going off to the various missions was fine for me, though.

Edited by Magnum Opus

If by EU you mean Europa Universalis, then Yay

It strikes a good balance between level of detail and playability. Not too much to drown you in micromanagement (like Victoria - an Empire under The Sun) and enough not to make it too superficial (like various computer clones of "risk").

After a Dutch colonial empire and a resurrected Byzantine empire I'm done for now, thinking of going back to the Witcher, but I never did get the Enhanced Edition (or those massive patches) and I wonder whether my bandwidth can handle it. It's still much too expensive to just buy a copy of here (80NZD = something like 40-50USD). I was just going to wait for Alpha Protocol, but who knows what's happening with the release date there.

After a Dutch colonial empire and a resurrected Byzantine empire I'm done for now, thinking of going back to the Witcher, but I never did get the Enhanced Edition (or those massive patches) and I wonder whether my bandwidth can handle it. It's still much too expensive to just buy a copy of here (80NZD = something like 40-50USD). I was just going to wait for Alpha Protocol, but who knows what's happening with the release date there.

funny thing, those massive patches? Yeah, those were for EE and Delux editions free if you had the base game

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I mean that that itself is a big pain for me with my bandwidth cap and horrible d/l speed, or I wouldn't even consider buying it again. You're right, yes.

I mean that that itself is a big pain for me with my bandwidth cap and horrible d/l speed, or I wouldn't even consider buying it again. You're right, yes.

Ouch. :)

Still, I'd recommend downloading them if you're not going to buy the Enhanced Edition. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I seem to remember seeing the EE edition at EB Games with a rather hefty discount. I'll take a second look at it when I get in there again one of these days to see if I remember wrongly. I know all about kiwi internet connections :)

I re-installed GTA4 recently to try to fool around some more in that fantastic world of Liberty City. But I am already feeling what I remember most clearly about the game since I completed it this spring: they've somehow managed to suck most of the fun out of it by making it seemingly more realistic.

Sure, the cars behave as Bambi on ice (for realism!), but does that make them any more fun to drive? Not really. Sure, your character now needs a few seconds to go from walking to running/get in or out of a car/change direction (effectively working as built-in controller lag), but does it make the game more fun? Not really.

The game world really is fantastic though. I can actually spend hours just walking around, listening to the city life, marvel at the level of detail in everything around me and perhaps kill a "flying rat" or two. It's such a shame that they didn't bother to fill it with more.. game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sure, the cars behave as Bambi on ice (for realism!), but does that make them any more fun to drive?

Hah, that's one of the things I really like in GTA IV, it's fun to steal a powerful car and powerslide around the city.

It's such a shame that they didn't bother to fill it with more.. game.

Yeah, while there is a lot to do, there isn't anything that glues you to your chair/sofa/whatever for hours. But it's fun game for occasional gaming.

Yeah, while there is a lot to do, there isn't anything that glues you to your chair/sofa/whatever for hours. But it's fun game for occasional gaming.

What, you didn't get the Rockstar approved Couch Glue? :lol:

Beyond good & evil.

Sweet, another one soon indoctrinated. BG&E spreads slowly but surely.

Edited by Purkake

What, you didn't get the Rockstar approved Couch Glue? :lol:

No, looks like those rotting bastards are holding out on me. Time for the most horrifying thing anyone can do, write a angry e-mail!

I started playing WoW for realz again after a few months of being on a cracked server to see if it got any more fun since the vanilla beta.

Enjoying it quite a lot now, but have to get used to the part where the cracked server I was on had a broken reputation system which gave everyone the basic discounts. I keep running out of money, and I'm only level 12!

I've been indoctrinated with this game for nearly 6 years... and I still can't beat that stupid shark with his pellets/pallets.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I've been indoctrinated with this game for nearly 6 years... and I still can't beat that stupid shark with his pellets/pallets.

Then you are useless to me. Shoo!

We need more NEW people to play it, they're giving the game away with cheese, for god's sake.

122277-cheese%20copy.jpg