The newest patch is here! Do know that when PlayFab is being updated, you may experience connection issues. There is a chance that PlayFab will be spotty to connect to from 9:00AM PDT-11:30AM PDT.
But enough of that, let's get to the patch notes!
Deck 4: Fortress of the Stone Giants is Here!
Experience Sandpoint Under Siege as you fend off a Stone Giant invasion and unlock the mystery of an ancient spire!
- 5 New Scenarios
- 4 New Locations
- New Maps
- New loot!
- New Legendary Rewards!
- Complete each scenario on Legendary to unlock the Guide to the Beyond! This book will help you in your checks against Outsiders, or acquiring magical boons.
- New Promos for Bundle owners!
- Bundle owners will receive the Birdcruncher Crown promo card - use it to gain boons when you defeat Goblins!
Treasure chest bundles have changed
- 5 Chest bundle is now 6 chests
- 10 Chest bundle is now 12 chests
- 50 Chest bundle remains 50
- All bundled chests are no longer purchased with gold.
- Single chests remain a gold purchase
- We now allow you to select the quantity of single chests you'd like to purchase, up to a maximum of 25 in a single transaction
UI Setting Toggle
We've been listening to the feedback on the forums, and know that not everyone is thrilled about the new phone UI. So, in addition to several bug fixes, we have also implemented a toggle that will allow you to switch between the Tablet and Phone UI at will. Find it in the settings.
Gamer ID Display
We now display your gamer ID in the top left when you're fully connected. If you have CS issues, you can provide this ID instead of your PFID.
Top Community Issues
Quest Mode Characters Missing Feats
- Characters that have missed out on a Skill, Power, or Card feat in Quest Mode due to bugs can now acquire their feats upon completing a scenario in quest mode, win or lose.
- Forfeiting will not grant the ability to get the feat.
- Story Mode Characters are not forgotten - we will address you as well in a future patch.
Infinite Encounter Loop
- When encountering a Goblin at the Garrison in Approach to Thistletop, it was possible to encounter an infinite auto-dice rolling loop. This has been resolved.
Skinsaw Man Dealing 10+ Damage Before You Encounter
- Resolved an issue for players encountering The Skinsaw Man - it was possible to be dealt 10 or more damage before you act. This no longer happens.
Problems Burying Cards
- Some players have problems with burying cards from discard or hand when a bane or power forces them to. We've added in contextual buttons for more consistency, reducing problems with proceeding in these cases.
- We are continuing to investigate other issues with burying cards.
- Bury: Fixed a progression break that could occur if you failed a check vs the Bugbear or Goblin Raider and failed a recharge of the only item discarded.
- Resolved a progression break that could occur if a user opened the options menu immediately after selecting Lem's Favored Card.
- Rewards: Roles: Resolved an issue where a progression break could be encountered when selecting Roles.
- Rewards: Roles: Resolved an issue where a progression break could be encountered when viewing the Rules prior to selecting a Role.
- Case Closed: Now granted as intended.
- Damage from Attack on Sandpoint's Scenario roll now properly animates as Fire damage.
- Booster - Evangelist: Recharge power now works properly.
- Booster - Flasks: Resolved an issue where flasks could incorrectly be recharged/discarded instead of discarded/buried.
- Booster - Gale Armor: Now has Heavy Armor trait in place of Light Armor.
- Falling Bell: Fixed an issue where beating the BYA check could make a spell recharge easier.
- Swipe: Fixed an issue where cancelling swipe could result in players losing bonuses or even getting unintended negatives to their checks.
- Defensive Character Powers (Fire Resistance, Dodge): Resolved an issue where After you Act damage taken in tandem would prevent some defensive powers from firing.
- Ezren: Fixed an issue that allowed users to activate Expanded Spellbook several times off the same display spell.
- Seelah: Shield Another now properly restricted to "another" and no longer works on Seelah.
- Into the Shadows: Fixed an issue where evading Henchmen/Villains would not grant credit.
- Extra Copies of Legendary Rewards: There is a rare issue where a player can gain multiple copies of the Legendary Completion rewards. We are still investigating the cause, but have implemented measures to properly reduce these card counts to their proper values.
- End of Turn: Resolved an issue where using the phase bar to discard cards at the end of turn could prevent the usage of a character's End of Turn powers
- Playing Damage Mitigation Spells: You can now choose to play a discard based damage mitigation spell for its power when discarded for damage.
- Shields: Fixed an issue that would allow you to reveal some shields repeatedly to mitigate extra damage.
- Farmhouse: Allies that were discarded as fuel for character powers are now properly buried.
- Thassilonian Dungeon: At Location power now properly activates when aid spells are played off turn by a character at the location.
- Gold Gain: Resolved an issue where you could gain gold when finishing scenarios but not achieving victory.
- Graul Ogrekin Auto Rolling & Power UI issues: We have a potential fix for issues where the Graul Ogrekin can auto-roll combat rolls, the Power box can display in multiples, or reappear post-roll. We have been unable to reproduce the issue internally before or after the fix - please let us know if the existing, known, issues persist or new ones appear.
- Rewards: An issue where the Dice for various skills not showing when gaining a skill feat has been resolved.
- Rewards: Power Feat: Added indication for powers that characters already know.
- Treasure: There is now a Gallery button on the Chest opening screen.
- Characters: Fixed an issue that would make it hard to scroll characters after viewing the powers tab in the Character Preview.
- Favored Card: Tutorial message improved.
- Message: Aid Check tutorial messages have been modified to be clearer and hopefully less confusing for new users.
- Messages: Fixed a number of typos.
- Tablet: Fixed a number of instances where tutorial messages would appear partially off screen on Tablets.
- Buttons: Fixed several instances on Phone where text would run off buttons.
- Cards appearing over UI elements: Issues with card sorting have been improved - we still have some outstanding cases where card sorting can get out of whack, but overall it should be much less frequently encountered.
- Character Selection: Fixed an issue where a character in an existing party would not show the locked icon.
- Character Sheet: A minor issue with some character powers using the wrong art has been fixed.
- Character Sheet: Hand Size and Proficiency descriptions have been updated on the in-game Character Sheet to match descriptions displayed elsewhere.
- Dialogue: Iesha Foxglove's text issues have been fixed.
- Dialogue: Deeper Dungeons: Fixed a layering issue that could make the bugs from the background appear on Actor's faces.
- Loot: Resolved a text issue specific to Loot cards.
- Overlay: Overlay displayed for Location powers (Warrens, Guard Tower, etc) and specific scenario powers (Undead Uprising) has been updated on Phones.
- Rules: Improved the size and responsiveness of text and buttons on the Rules screen on small resolution phones.
The update will be rolling out to the stores throughout the morning so if it doesn't appear right away, it will!
We want to thank you all, once again, for the valuable feedback you share here on the forum. You all help us make Pathfinder Adventures an even better game. We do urge you to keep up that amazing effort and let us know any feedback you find here on the forum as well as let us know of any issues you come across in the Technical Support Forum.