Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3.03 Update Live

patch 3.03 update live

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Beorn

Beorn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but it looks like the Confident Aim bug (extra damage upon loading) is still present and accounted for. Ah well, guess it's impossible to fix everything :/

Edited by Beorn, 12 July 2016 - 09:09 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3153 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Which bug?

EDIT: Nvm, saw the thread in the bugs section.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 12 July 2016 - 09:12 AM.

Beorn

Beorn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

If your fighter has the Confident Aim ability, loading a save will significantly raise the amount of damage he / she can deal out. For example, my level 3 fighter should do 17 - 24 damage with his great sword. Having saved and loaded the game shortly after taking Confident Aim, he now deals damage anywhere in the region of 30 - 45 per hit. It seems to be a non-stacking load bug that was introduced in the 3.2 patch, and it hasn't been fixed yet sadly :/

Edited by Beorn, 12 July 2016 - 10:35 AM.

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've posted a thread about the Confident Aim bug in general discussion, I'm really not happy about it.

Thanks Obsidian for wasting around 45 hours of my time playing a solo PotD Fighter by not acknowledging bug reports made in your beta patch, really it's first rate customer service.

Isn't that the entire point of beta patching? Why jerk us around for a whole month when you've just ignored important bugs in the beta in the first place?

Edited by Jojobobo, 12 July 2016 - 09:46 AM.

• AndreaColombo likes this

Xaratas

Xaratas

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

@Sking Yes, why is the 3.03 final the same as the 3.03 beta. Did you push the old build by accident? You surely must have done something in the beta month.

• AndreaColombo, BALONEYPWNY, SkaenTemple and 1 other like this

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

@Sking Yes, why is the 3.03 final the same as the 3.03 beta. Did you push the old build by accident? You surely must have done something in the beta month.

"Credit" to them, when there were things like Heart of Fury which people beta bug reported as per still being per rest (or rather, you can use it once and never again) they factored that into the patch - you know, a massive bug in something they were hoping to deliver on which they'd put out there fundamentally flawed.

In other words, they delivered on the bare minimum they were hoping to (which they wouldn't have needed to make additional fixes for from beta to alpha if the coding had been solid enough to begin with) but then didn't address seemingly any other bugs they'd introduced in that process for this patch.

They deserve a standing ovation.

• AndreaColombo likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3153 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ah, look at that: https://twitter.com/...920239654907904

3.03 is indeed the last patch for PoE, as I suspected.

All right. The way patching has been handled since the release of PX2 was rather disappointing; the way 3.03 has been handled specifically, terrible. My interest in this game is dead—and so is my interest in Tyranny for that matter. Doubt I'll look at PoE 2 at all until the very end of its life cycle, to see if it left in any sort of decent state.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 12 July 2016 - 11:47 AM.

• Jojobobo, BALONEYPWNY and lolmer like this

Aurelio

Aurelio

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ok, that's very bad news. Their release management was rather poor.

• AndreaColombo and Beorn like this

Beorn

Beorn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

That's disappointing news. I believe Sking said on another thread that this issue would be solved in a future patch. If this twitter post is true, then it's a crying shame, and will cost Obsidian a lot of goodwill going forward. 

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hum... Indeed.

This proves that the game was too buggy to be corrected with the means at hand . this is a lesson for future games... I am slightly disappointed for some bugs still existing.

Edited by theBalthazar, 12 July 2016 - 12:02 PM.

Loren Tyr

Loren Tyr

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 651 posts

Hmm, I guess I'll have to permanently avoid Confident Aim then... pity. Especially since it is such an easy fix (replacing a single '+' character with a '*' character in the code should do it).

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

In reference to the Confidence Aim bug post this patch:

Hey Loren, 

I added an issue. We will hope for a fix for a future patch.

I got your back

-Sking

Bull**** much?

I guess we should now all consider Fighters a broken class, or just never take one of their standard abilities? That's what everyone wants in a game right, a broken class??

It's also nice when a dev blatantly lies to you, and then tells you he "has your back".

Can a dev say unequivocally if this is the last patch on this forum? You know, so I can respec my fighter and avoid Confident Aim before the bug sets in - obviously the ideal solution I was looking for.

That just damn sucks for a solo Fighter anyway, because there's nothing else useful to a solo Fighter (or any Fighter) in the 1-3 abilities bracket: having taken Disciplined Barrage which is awesome, for level 3 Knock Down is crap in comparison - basically the same buff to your accuracy as Barrage as a debuff but rolling on their defenses and having a shorter duration. Again Defender in level 3 is practically useless and doesn't work with Savage Attack which is great with the Fighter's high accuracy, and Guardian is made for party play. Literally the best slot there even not solo is Confident Aim by a country mile, but I guess none of us should ever take Confident Aim ever again??

Edited by Jojobobo, 12 July 2016 - 12:19 PM.

Infinitron

Infinitron

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1858 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Contacting Josh Sawyer: http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/

Edited by Infinitron, 12 July 2016 - 12:13 PM.

• AndreaColombo and Jajo like this

Beorn

Beorn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

What bothers me most about this is that a good deal of fighter class enemies are going to be unleashing an inordinate amount damage on my party. Doesn't Sly Cyrdel use this ability? Not looking forward to that encounter. A shame they couldn't have made this patch an all-hands-on-deck type deal. Leaving the game in such an unfinished state is beyond disappointing. 

• AndreaColombo, BALONEYPWNY and Erstarrung like this

Beorn

Beorn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Could anyone confirm if there are any enemies in the game that use the Confident Aim ability? I'd like to be prepared for any threat where the damage output is inordinately high. Thanks :)

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ah, look at that: https://twitter.com/...920239654907904

3.03 is indeed the last patch for PoE, as I suspected.

All right. The way patching has been handled since the release of PX2 was rather disappointing; the way 3.03 has been handled specifically, terrible. My interest in this game is dead—and so is my interest in Tyranny for that matter. Doubt I'll look at PoE 2 at all until the very end of its life cycle, to see if it left in any sort of decent state.

I tweeted back: https://twitter.com/...965822230958081

Contacting Josh Sawyer: http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/

I'll try and get on that tomorrow, I don't think my ability to post rational non-rage filled questions is working well right now.

• lolmer likes this

Loren Tyr

Loren Tyr

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 651 posts

Could anyone confirm if there are any enemies in the game that use the Confident Aim ability? I'd like to be prepared for any threat where the damage output is inordinately high. Thanks :)

Not sure whether there are too many enemies who have it, but in any case it would be high but not insurmountably so. Effectively, CA currently adds a flat multiplier of about 1.5 to Fighter weapon damage (well, and the graze-to-hit bonus, of course). That's a lot, but it's hardly game breaking like the 3.02 stacking bug. So in that regard the main issue is more that you cannot really take it for your own Fighters anymore, as it would be far too powerful (in my view).

Also note that it is a loading bug, so expect it won't apply to enemy fighters if you haven't saved and loaded in that area yet.

Edited by Loren Tyr, 12 July 2016 - 01:38 PM.

• Beorn likes this

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Looks like there's additional game-breaking bugs introduced in 3.03 here. While it could be the player doing something dumb, seeing as he says he's already put 100+ hours in I highly doubt that.

But let's ignore the game-breaking bugs, and watch Eder dancing on PoE's grave.

Edited by Jojobobo, 12 July 2016 - 01:45 PM.

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

Oo

If this is truly the last patch and there's outstanding bugs then I kinda regret buying the DLC's recently. To my mind selling a product you don't intend to support is at the very least disingenuous. Though it's par for the course in the gaming industry I suppose. Some companies are worse and let the community fix their bugs and then try to monetize their work retroactively.

/shrug.

• AndreaColombo and lolmer like this

BALONEYPWNY

BALONEYPWNY

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Ohhh Obsidian.  Even with your track record, I maintained faith that this would all get worked out finally.

You're not Bethesda, you're not Blizzard.  You can NOT get away with this terrible brand of support.

• Jojobobo and AndreaColombo like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch, 3.03, update, live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users