NFL 2014 Offseason

Nepenthe

Saints cut Champ Bailey, have two FBs and no kickers on "final" 53 man roster. Too bad I can't find a trollface with a saints visor at the moment...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, he was. Sam will likely be picked up by someone. Does seem kind of harsh to cut a 7th round draft pick so quick though. Surely, they could have kept him for the practice squad at least.

Dumb to cut Champ Baily. Who cares if he's a little older. I doubt all the guys who got kept over him were actually better.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, he was. Sam will likely be picked up by someone. Does seem kind of harsh to cut a 7th round draft pick so quick though. Surely, they could have kept him for the practice squad at least.

Dumb to cut Champ Baily. Who cares if he's a little older. I doubt all the guys who got kept over him were actually better.

Sam has to get cut and clear waivers to be signed onto the practice squad.

He had a good preseason, but he is still undersized and the Rams are pretty deep at DT.  It would not be surprising for another team to pick him up though, but at the worst he'll be on the practice squad.

David Fales made the Bears lineup as the 3rd string QB.  That kid will be starting by next year, I guarantee it.

He had a good preseason, but he is still undersized and the Rams are pretty deep at DT.

Sams cleared waivers and is now a free agent. 

Rams ended up keeping 9 DL including undrafted free agent Ethan Westbrook. 

Edited by kgambit

They were a hell of a lot cheaper, though. They've been opening cap with the Butler release, too, so probably shenanigans, knowing Mickey Loomis...
  • Like 1

Had my fantasy football draft. Ended up taking the 49er Defense. Hope they're not all suspended by the season opener.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Had my fantasy football draft. Ended up taking the 49er Defense. Hope they're not all suspended by the season opener.

I'm pretty sure that they already are :p

• Like 2

Yeah I avoided them like the plague.  It is not going to be the same type of year, at least until they get Bowman and Aldon Smith back.

Yeah I avoided them like the plague.  It is not going to be the same type of year, at least until they get Bowman and Aldon Smith back.

Well, Ray McDonald (defensive lineman) was arrested over the weekend.  Lucky for him, it was a domestic violence charge, so he'll likely just get a slap on the wrist, because to the NFL beating the **** out of a pregnant woman is no big deal.  Thank goodness he didn't smoke some weed or snort a line, they'd throw the book at him.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, Ray McDonald (defensive lineman) was arrested over the weekend.  Lucky for him, it was a domestic violence charge, so he'll likely just get a slap on the wrist, because to the NFL beating the **** out of a pregnant woman is no big deal.  Thank goodness he didn't smoke some weed or snort a line, they'd throw the book at him.
Well, Goodell got chewed out so bad last time, this time it's probably gonna be for life, just to suitably overcompensate. :p

He had a good preseason, but he is still undersized and the Rams are pretty deep at DT.  It would not be surprising for another team to pick him up though, but at the worst he'll be on the practice squad.

David Fales made the Bears lineup as the 3rd string QB.  That kid will be starting by next year, I guarantee it.

david fales starting. starting? well, as it is the bears, chances are they will need to go two or three deep into their qb depth chart next year. heck, fales may get a start this year if the bears have a typical qb season. even so, am thinking you might be having expectations just a wee bit high for fales, though the fact that trestman is his coach clearly helps. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I watched Fales a lot, given that he's at my alma mater, so I'm clearly biased.  That being said, he is a very accurate QB with fantastic anticipation, and those are two traits that are very difficult to coach.  Derek Carr is starting for the Raiders, and he actually lost in a huge game to Fales at the end of the last football season.  Both QB's played out of their heads, but Fales was a step ahead.

That being said, I think it is bad that Carr is starting, I want every good QB to get a year on the sidelines learning the NFL.