NFL 2014 Offseason

Nepenthe

So, Orlando Scandrick got suspended 4 games for doing something called "Molly".  Excuse my ignorance, but what is Molly?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, Orlando Scandrick got suspended 4 games for doing something called "Molly".  Excuse my ignorance, but what is Molly?

Ecstasy or MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

What, no, not to my generation. Is that what the Millenials are calling it now. Doesn't seem right to PLUR with Molly. I bet it's more of a hybrid, like with horse tranquilizer. 

You might be right.  Another source says that the name Molly is now used to describe a variable mix of several drugs including Methylone, MDPV, 4-MEC, 4-MMC, Pentedrone and MePP and Ecstasy is only found in small quantities if at all.

From what I have read, Scandrick tested positive for MDMA that also contained amphetamines.  MDMA falls under the substance-abuse policy, and a positive test doesn’t compel a suspension for a first offense.  Apparently it was the positive for amphetamines which are banned that earned him the suspension. 

Stephen Jones is a hero in my book for snatching that draft card out of daddy's hands.  The Cowboys are going to have enough media circus going on as it is, drafing Johnny Football would have quadrupled said media circus.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You know, the offseason is over. Is someone going to make a new thread?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't think we need a new thread until Sep. 4th.  If someone makes one sooner than that I won't lose any sleep over it, though.  Or, just rename this one.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think the preseason qualifies as part of the offseason for the purposes of this thread. Can't edit thread names, which is probably just as good, I'd edit this to "we're all douchenozzles" on a bad day. Of which I have plenty.

Glad to see the whiners have a good showing in their first game on the new stadium *snicker*

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think the preseason qualifies as part of the offseason for the purposes of this thread. Can't edit thread names, which is probably just as good, I'd edit this to "we're all douchenozzles" on a bad day. Of which I have plenty.

Glad to see the whiners have a good showing in their first game on the new stadium *snicker*

Wow, that was ugly. And is it just me or is Peyton Manning playing with a fire in his heart? I was reading on SB Nation that they think this might be it for him, especially if they win the SB.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wow, that was ugly. And is it just me or is Peyton Manning playing with a fire in his heart? I was reading on SB Nation that they think this might be it for him, especially if they win the SB.

God, I hope not. Mostly because I hope Saints win this year, and the fact that I am almost certain that all the time spent talking about Manning would be replaced with Manziel, and Manning doesn't irritate me... at all, really.

God, I hope not. Mostly because I hope Saints win this year, and the fact that I am almost certain that all the time spent talking about Manning would be replaced with Manziel, and Manning doesn't irritate me... at all, really.

Ha! Manziel has flameout written all over him. Prediction by 2017 he will be out of the NFL. He flipped off the Redskins bench last night he was so frustrated by his poor play. Inaccurate passers don't survive in the NFL and running quarterbacks tend to have short careers anyway.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Ha! Manziel has flameout written all over him. Prediction by 2017 he will be out of the NFL. He flipped off the Redskins bench last night he was so frustrated by his poor play. Inaccurate passers don't survive in the NFL and running quarterbacks tend to have short careers anyway.
Yeah, and we'll have to hear about him for the next 10 years, like Tebow. And Tebow was nothing compared to Manzuel, even his face just makes me want to punch him. :p
  • Like 1

I forget where I saw it, and since then I cannot unsee it, but there was a photo of Manziel and Justin Beiber hanging out, partying, doing the things they do. You're right, both of them have punch-inducing faces. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

"Inaccurate passers don't survive in the NFL"

Tell that to two time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning who has 'below average' accuracy numbers in his career. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sam Bradford is out for the season with a torn left ACL.  It's the same exact injury that ended his season last year.  You have to wonder whether his career may be coming to an end.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Sam Bradford is out for the season with a torn left ACL.  It's the same exact injury that ended his season last year.  You have to wonder whether his career may be coming to an end.

That's a shame, he always seemed to be on the cusp of being a great QB.

Probably time to go back and finish that degree, in any case... Hope it's in something worthwhile, or that he's at least been smart with his fairly considerable salary so far.

I understand that the Rams don't currently have a QB on the roster who's started a game since 2010? I guess Josh Freeman will be keeping his phone nearby, unless they and 'skins can agree on a trade for Cousins, which everybody seems to be either rumoring or just hoping for.

(Edit: looked it up, seems he's graduated with a degree in finance. Good on him.)

Edited by Nepenthe

That's a shame, he always seemed to be on the cusp of being a great QB.

Really?  He always looked like a mediocre player to me.  He can run an offense that consists of piles of 6-yard hooks, but I've never seen him consistently scan the field, read the defense correctly, and make a tough throw downfield.  His career yards/attempt is a rather dismal 6.3-- worse than such luminaries as Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez. 

The last we saw him, Shaun Hill was a reasonably competent backup QB. 

You know your QB situation is dire when you're hoping to land either Freeman or Cousins.  >_<

I dunno, both of the two have been mishandled, Cousins backfired badly last year in a "prove yourself now or be a backup forever situation", which I can forgive him, and Schiano royally messed Freeman up. Freeman's probably a better bet of the two, since he's probably dirt cheap and amenable to tryout type deals.

Luke McCown's probably going to get released by Saints (unless they keep three QBs for the precise reason of having two very solid backups) and I'm sure some other viable guys are going to get released over the next week - Hell, Fisher practically said as much: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000383236/article/fisher-rams-have-all-the-confidence-in-the-world-in-hill

(Btw. points for NFL media for reading Fisher's message entirely the wrong way - Hill's not their guy, Hill's starting week 1 because they realize that Bradford's career is probably over and they'll prefer to either get someone who can start later this year + at least most of next year while they try to draft a new franchise QB. If they finish last due to Hill, all the better for them.)