Well hello everyone! It’s the day after our Kickstarter here at Obsidian, and while a few of us are a little rough around the edges right now, we’re already busy working on Project Eternity!

In this update, we’ll go through a number of frequently asked questions we’ve received in the last day or so. If you have any problems with anything, please always feel free to head over to our forums, or reach us on Facebook, Twitter, or via support@obsidian.net.

So… onward!

Kickstarter and PayPal Stats

So as of about 1:30 PM PDT, here’s where we stand funding-wise:

Kickstarter

Backers: 73,986

Pledged: $3,986,929

PayPal

Backers: 3,681

Pledged: $176,279

Totals

Backers: 77,667

Pledged: $4,163,208

Stretch Goals

So that means we hit the 4M stretch goal, right?

Yes!

How do PayPal backers affect the Mega Dungeon size?

It counts toward the Mega Dungeon! We hit fifteen (15!!!!) levels!

Will Facebook Likes still count to a larger dungeon?

Yes, for now they do! Come like us quickly and maybe we can hit the 40,000 likes for one last dungeon level. But it’s for a limited time, so… like us! Please note: If you clicked Like on our Eternity home page, that doesn’t qualify – we need likes on Obsidian’s Facebook page!

Kickstarter / Amazon Payments / PayPal

OK, so now what happens? If you backed us on Kickstarter, Amazon will begin processing payments and will contact you. This process takes place over a period of 14 days. If you encounter any problems with this process, never fear about losing your pledge. We’ll work with you to work out any payment issues so you don’t lose out as long as you were a part of the crowdfunding phase.

Once payments are taken care of, we’ll start collecting information from you guys, and we’ll do that a few times. More info on that below.

If you backed us on PayPal, and everything went through OK, sit back and relax and we’ll be in touch soon!

Speaking of PayPal, I noticed PayPal tiers are still up. Will I get the same rewards for the tiers if I donate now?

Yes! For as long as we have the listed options available on http://eternity.obsidian.net, you’ll get the same rewards. This is for a very limited time though, so don’t delay if you’re going to get in on Project Eternity!

Oh no, I don’t think I added shipping! How do I add international shipping?

There’s two ways to handle international shipping. You can:

1. Go to http://eternity.obsidian.net:
    • Along the right side, choose the Donate button under the “Donate Your Own Amount” section. It’s at the bottom of the Tiers just before Addons.
    • On PayPal in the Donation Amount field, enter the desired amount and click Update Total.
    • On the “please review your donation” screen, click the Add special instructions for Obsidian link. Describe what your donation is for (international shipping, top up, etc.)
    • Change any other relevant details and then click the Donate USD Now button.

[*]Hang tight for now. Once we get all of the information from PayPal and Kickstarter and then get it organized, we’ll be reviewing each and every order to make sure we know how you want your funds allocated. We’ll handle that directly with you via e-mail (please make sure the e-mail you used on Kickstarter or PayPal is accessible to you! If you have any concerns about that, e-mail us at support@obsidian.net)

I would actually like to upgrade to another tier – can/how do I do that?

For a very limited time, you can use the process described above in “How do I add international shipping” and specify to us what you would like to do. You can do this even if you first contributed to Kickstarter. Just include the difference. (Disclaimer: This does not apply to tiers that were sold out.)

Video Streams

Where can I see Adam’s Icewind Dale II playthough?

Unfortunately it’s not available.

Where can I see the D&D game?

Here it is!

Where can I see the last few hours of the party stream?

Swing by Twitch TV at http://www.twitch.tv...ian/b/335806140

When is Chris Avellone going to stream playing Arcanum?

We’ll be in touch soon with details on that. It might be a Holiday Special stream. Rest assured he’s going to do it - you guys hit the $4M marker!

What’s the next step?

OK so now what?

1. First, come sign up on our Forums if you haven’t already. That’s going to be the best place to connect with us throughout the development of the game. We’ll also be up on Facebook and Twitter too. Backer badges will start rolling out in the next few weeks. If you have any problems signing up on our forums (our anti-spam can be rather aggressive sometimes, we apologize!), e-mail us over at support@obsidian.net and we’ll get you all set up.
  2. A survey will be coming in the next few weeks to ask you how you want to allocate funds. For those of you who are getting physical goods, before we ship anything, we will notify you and reconfirm at that time to make sure we have the latest physical address on file.

If you have any other questions, feel free to swing by the forums or e-mail us!

Fulfillment

Some of you have been wondering how we will be offering keys for the game. You will be able to select one of the choices below for each key.

1. Steam: Steam currently supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. We will be offering you a SteamPlay key. This means with one key, you can play the game on any supported platform of your choice! The Steam version will also offer in-game achievements and we are going to look at adding Steam cloud support for an even better multi-platform experience. Please note that Steam uses DRM (digital rights management) however. DRM comes with this platform and is not something we can disable. If you want a DRM-free option, please see GOG.com below.
  2. GOG.com: We will be offering DRM-free options based on the platforms that GOG supports at the time of us shipping the game. Currently, this means you only have a Windows DRM-free option, but apparently some big news for Mac users is coming… tonight, and hopefully good news for Linux users too down the road.

You may have noticed that there isn’t a DRM-free Linux version listed; that’s true today, but by the time we launch, we’ll have one available.

Thanks again everyone, and we’ll be in touch!

Update from Darren Monahan

• Like 19

Thank you for the update!

Note that Steam just had a serious potential exploit announced. I hope they publish a fix very soon or that thing is gone from my system.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Same question I asked in the Paypal thread:

Why are you planning to take Paypal down so soon? This is a little disappointing, as I was really hoping to grab one of the mid-high tiers in a couple of week's time. :mellow:

If you're worried about being fair to the people who pledged early via kickstarter under the assumption that the rewards were limited availability, I think a much better solution would simply be to change some of the Paypal tiers to make them a bit less compelling. For instance, the exclusive in-game items, signed physical items, beta keys, memorial stones, wasteland 2 downloads, and expansion downloads could all be removed from the Paypal tiers... along with the really expensive tiers ($1k-$10k) offering design your own content. Or perhaps bump some stuff up like the signed collectors edition to $1000 as the new highest tier, without NPC design.

• Like 2

Sounds great! I'm so excited for the game. You guys are doing an impressive job so far! Thanks for that!!!

However, one question just to make sure I got it right:

I donated twice via Paypal. First I got the 35$ basic package and after that I donated again for the 25$ beta access upgrade. So, as I used the same Paypal account for both (of course), you guys will automatically recognize this and put those two donations together? And moreover since I'm using the same mail adress for this forum account you'll automatically be able to add the "backer" status to this account? Or will there also be a survey for clarifying such things?

Best regards,

Vio

Edited by Violix

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." Alan Watts

The Amazon charge has already posted to my account, so that's good. However, my Kickstarter account uses a different email than my forum and Amazon account. I use the same one for this board and Amazon and a different one for Kickstarter. Will that screw anything up?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I pooled resources with my significant other for a higher tier donation, I hope I can still get kickstarter benefits (like forum badge) even though I had to drop my pledge to $1. In the end, you guys got more money from us all total instead of two $20 pledges though.

Edited by LeetMiniWheat

This part " For those of you who are getting physical goods, before we ship anything, we will notify you and reconfirm at that time to make sure we have the latest physical address on file" made me especially happy to hear, as I both use a different email address between amazon and kickstarter, but also have a separate billing address from my "residence" address (which has the potential to change frequently...as I live aboard a 30' sailboat...).

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Sounds great! I'm so excited for the game. You guys are doing an impressive job so far! Thanks for that!!!

However, one question just to make sure I got it right:

I donated twice via Paypal. First I got the 35$ basic package and after that I donated again for the 25$ beta access upgrade. So, as I used the same Paypal account for both (of course), you guys will automatically recognize this and put those two donations together? And moreover since I'm using the same mail adress for this forum account you'll automatically be able to add the "backer" status to this account? Or will there also be a survey for clarifying such things?

Best regards,

Vio

There will be at minimum be a survey for ya to fill out. (But I am looking into seeing if I can set up a fulfillment site too where folks can log in and keep things updated. :))