RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

News is what somebody somewhere wants to suppress; all the rest is advertising.

Lord Northcliffe, British publisher 1865-1922

Gamersgate is offering the entire 1C catalog for $20, which is 80+ games. While a large percentage of them aren't worth playing, the Men of War games were decent, King's bounty series was well received and I enjoyed the Star Wolves games. Also the Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusade seems decent.

King's Bounty is silly, but surprisingly good. Worth its price in any sale if you're a fan of turn-based, imho.

And re Max Payne 3: the previous games had that not-so-serious vibe to them, the baseball bat boy and the comics, and MP2 had a TV show with a NY detective who said amusing things like: 'When in my situation, you can only use metaphors...'

I fear it's going to be less like that and more like Max Payne shooting in GTA tech.

Never finished Kings Bounty. It was a nice game, but no substitute for HoMM3 unfortunately.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Those Heroes Chronicles standalone campaigns based on HoMM3 were such cynical cash-ins, but having skipped them initially, I'm rather happy with them being available on GoG. No matter how questionably written, HoMM campaigns do enough to keep me in.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Get ready to do pilgrimage to the Weeping Firewall and cry out in anguish when Steam becomes Mac games exclusively :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yaay, all that money and effort well spent.

Crysis 3.

Woohoo.

Because we need another ****ty FPS.

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Interesting setting, running around some urban rainforest with a high tech bow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Interesting setting, running around some urban rainforest with a high tech bow.

While the game looks great, the real meat, the much touted sandbox gameplay style will fall short again, thanks to ancient console hardware. I think we need to wait another couple of years till open-world game design that looks and runs sufficient will arrive with the Next-Gen consoles.

And how exactly does Crysis differ from all the other generic shooters? Oh, yea it got better graphics!

I still want my money back for the unplayable mess that Crysis was (the battle on the deck).

Hate the living, love the dead.

Whatever, it was as stale as the rest of the Space Marine shooters we've been playing these last years.

If that is the best "next gen" gaming that I'm supposed to buy a new graphics card for I think I'll just stick to laughing at people who do.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Crysis was a generic mess, Crysis 2 was not.

Crysis was a sandbox generic mess, Crysis 2 was a linear arcade shooter....and not.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif