The funny things thread

Gorth

Send dem all into prison! Bring back public hanging!

Ordnung muss sein!

You know these people don't go to prison right? They are arrested, cited and then let go. If there is a lot of them, they might get put in a jail cell for awhile while they handle all the processing.

So yeah, resisting is dumb. I don't think the officers should have to chase the guy around the park and wrestle him down. Maybe this should be in the gender thread, because you've also got two female officers and a large male resisting, that doesn't sound like a good mix. These officers are also carrying quite a few weapons, they never want to be in a position where they can be overpowered and have those weapons taken away.

Anyways, I guess this is getting way from the point of the thread :geek:

Theres a lot of cameras, a small crowd gathering. The police probably felt outnumbered and that they had to get it overwith quickly, even if that meant taking him down the hard way.

They failed to warn him though, although with all the yelling I'm not sure the message would have gotten through. It's kind of redundant talking about 'resisting arrest'. I mean isn't that the point of a sit in. You get pictures of the police being overzealous in clearing whatever it is you are occupying and your cause is advanced. What matters is how the police handle people who resist non violently.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Strange choice of words. I don't think policing is supposed to entail acts of valor. On the flip side of the scale would it have been better if she had challenged him to a boxing match.. pistols at dawn ?

Police force using physical (non lethal) force? WHAAAAAT?

Seriously, why even bother hiring female police forces if they always have to be accompanied by males? It's a waste of tax-payers money if you could do a better/same job with fewer male police forces.

In before somebody accuses me of being a misogynist.

Seriously, she's tasering the guy like it's routine instead of joining the arrest.

Edited by Morgoth

Strange choice of words. I don't think policing is supposed to entail acts of valor. On the flip side of the scale would it have been better if she had challenged him to a boxing match.. pistols at dawn ?

Actually, iirc they take oaths indicating precisely that. That's why police officers deserve respect.

Besides, it's not like she was 9/11ing it. Officers over here routinely wrastle with people. I've seen it first hand on Friday/Saturday nights.

Keep in mind, though, that the professional protestor s are also always looking for good photos and footage to make the police look bad. It's standard planning to have as many cameras as possible.

My guts says that on this occasion the cops were out of line. But with the way the video starts so suddenly you should ask yourself what happened first. He could have punched out three massive blokes and downed a litre of methylated spirits just before the cut in. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Actually, iirc they take oaths indicating precisely that. That's why police officers deserve respect.

With the context of the cops here in Canada, that's the funniest thing in the thread so far :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Keep in mind, though, that the professional protestor s are also always looking for good photos and footage to make the police look bad. It's standard planning to have as many cameras as possible.

I had to give it bonus points when the guy behind the camera immediately started yelling "thats a lawsuit", then a few seconds later, "thats a second lawsuit". :lol:

Farage didn't die. He was badly injured.

You have a strange sense of lulz. Unless I am confusing lulz with honest laughter. Which may be inappropriate.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Too small to see, Raithe.

-Elwood Blues