Missing difficulty indicator

_teknikz

Question

If you play without scaling there is a difficulty indicator showing in the quest journal. Since i started over with only scaling up enabled, it's completely gone. Even the option to show/hide doesn't work at all. 

Once again i feel forced to restart since i really don't want to waste my time finding out if the quest is too high in level or not by trial and error. 

I am on the current beta patch if it matters. 

post-206770-0-78744400-1526546225_thumb.jpg

post-206770-0-49327900-1526546229_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Moved to Patch Beta Bugs and Support forum.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If you play without scaling there is a difficulty indicator showing in the quest journal. Since i started over with only scaling up enabled, it's completely gone. Even the option to show/hide doesn't work at all. 

Once again i feel forced to restart since i really don't want to waste my time finding out if the quest is too high in level or not by trial and error. 

They know about this, there are 100 posts about this. When level scaling is turned on there are no indicators. This is a design choice and one that no one likes. Please search the forums and watch the q&a. They will replace the skull indicators with the enemies level. 

They know about this, there are 100 posts about this. When level scaling is turned on there are no indicators. This is a design choice and one that no one likes. Please search the forums and watch the q&a. They will replace the skull indicators with the enemies level. 

Since there is an option to chose only upwards scaling (which i mentioned) the logical thing is to show difficutly indicators since you still need to know if the quest is 4 levels above you or not, just like with no scaling enabled. 

This is clearly an oversight and not a design choice. 

It makes sense to have no difficulty indication if you scale everything to be at your level but that's not the case here.

Edit: Also, i really don't care how often it has been reported. It could be 1000 times and i would still post it until it's fixed. If it annoys or bothers you, how about not reading it? Easy.

Edited by _teknikz
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, is this a "problem" because there is an achievement for not dying even once or something like that? Or you cant leave and come back later when youre party is stronger?

For me, it's about the inconvenience of backtracking or save-scumming in cases where you get stuck in an encounter without an option to leave the area. Difficulty indicators are simply a time-saving mechanic.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, is this a "problem" because there is an achievement for not dying even once or something like that? Or you cant leave and come back later when youre party is stronger?

For me, it's about the inconvenience of backtracking or save-scumming in cases where you get stuck in an encounter without an option to leave the area. Difficulty indicators are simply a time-saving mechanic.

EDIT: Oooooh, in case you are playing Ironman mode then its an issue?

Out of curiousity, what does removing them when the game offers a specific option to scale "upwards only" accomplish? If the goal was to annoy and to waste time i guess that was achieved. Pretty much like the unskippable intro of the game which you just have to sit through, unable to save, before being able to make a new character. lmao

It's a problem for anyone not having a lot of free time to play the game for hours on end and for anyone who just doesn't like to have their time wasted for no reason.

If i want to play and progress but have to waste multiple hours figuring out which quests are at my level and which are 5 levels above, the game is just wasting my time. 

It's also clearly a feature which is not working as intended which makes it a problem in itself. 

Edited by _teknikz