Do you find Devoted worth it (question for people who got far in game)

Hm, the patch notes say nothing about melee:

New Ranger Abilities - There are now 5 new Ranger abilities added to the game:
Hunter's Claw - (2 Bond) Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target's Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.
Hunter's Fang - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1% Damage per stack.
Beast's Claw - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1 Defense per stack.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sadly it appears not to stack with Borrowed Instinct. And here I was thinking that would be the highest Accuracy character.

Also Grazes don't work. And at least once I've had an event where I hit two enemies with WotEP and got only 1 stack... hmm... Maybe it literally needs to be "melee" range? As Marksmen's Ring bonus kicked in...

Edited by Haplok

Sadly it appears not to stack with Borrowed Instinct. And here I was thinking that would be the highest Accuracy character.

Also Grazes don't work. And at least once I've had an event where I hit two enemies with WotEP and got only 1 stack... hmm... Maybe it literally needs to be "melee" range? As Marksmen's Ring bonus kicked in...

Not surprising considering Lion's Sprint another accuracy bonus does not stack with borrowed instinct. 

Are there synergy between WotEP and Marksmens Ring?

Really? On a ranger?

The great return of the Drizzt trope has already been celebrated with a parade of whirling striking dervish with dual sabers.

I guess some Riptide brought them to PoE. 

The trope is older then Drizzt though. What about Aragorn? Don't remember him fighting using a bow.

Edited by Haplok

The word "ranger" doesn't stem from ranged weapons though. So one could say that a ranger'salways using a bow is the first trope here.

The term ranger seems to correspond to the Medieval Latin word regardatores which appeared in 1217 in the "Charter of the Forest". Regardatores was later rendered as rangers in the English translations of the Charter. However, others translate regardatores as regarders. For example, the fifth clause of the Charter of the Forest is commonly translated thus: "Our regarders shall go through the forests making the regard as it used to be made at the time of the first coronation of the aforesaid King Henry [iI] our grandfather, and not otherwise." A "regard" is considered to be an inspection of the forest.
  • Like 1

That also depends. On multiclass synergies for example.

I'm playing a Nalpasca/Berserker at the moment (hireling) and am pretty amazed by the overall usefulness but also by the damage output.

The combination of high INT and Berserker-Frenzy + Stalwart Defiance = powerful Wound Generation (aided by Enduring Dance and drugs) is giving wound so fast that I can't spent them quickly enough. Rooting Pain is triggering all the time but I'm still at 9-10 wounds all the time. In addition I have some Barbaric Smashes as nice finisher (combined with Bloody Slaughter and Death Godlike - good for fists!). The crit rate is nice for Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming (which works with the AoE cone). The damage is pretty damn awesome. I'm using WotEP as main weapon because the cone is very big with Duality:INT and a big cone hits many enemies which help trigger Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming.

Care to give some pointers on this build? It sounds like good fun.

It's pretty straightforward: any race (I chose Death Godlike because you are often near death at the start ofthe game ;)), no need to min/max stats (although good INT is benefical as long as you must endure the Berserker's confusion). I went with dumped RES but the rest was pretty balanced. Alchemy at 12 or so, rest into Athletics.

Enduring Dance is a must, so is Savage/Stalwart Defiance. Barbaric Smash, Frenzy/Blood_Frenzy/Blood Storm, (Raised) Torment's Reach, Swift Flurry, Heartbeat Drumming, Turning Wheel. The rest is flexible. I liked Blooded, Bloody Slaughter, Interrupting Blows, Enervating Blows, Efficient Anguish, Bloodlust, Blood Thirst, One Stands Alone, Lesser Wounds, Long Stride, Flagellant's Path, Rooting Pain.

Items:

I chose the Devil of Caroc's Breastplate in order to get +2 more Mortification and Rage as well as the immunity to Confused. I like the WotEP as well and fists. The rest of the items isn't that important but I like Hylea's Talons a lot because besides the nice +5% lash they either kill the enemy faster or give you even more woundswith the DoT. ;)

Later on I used Nemnok's Cloak which works very well with fists and Death Godlike (+3 PL for your fists is great when being near death - but you won't die because of Barring Death's Door).

• Like 1