Dark Side REALLY needs work for KOTOR II

In KOTOR, playing the Dark Side felt like everyone else was following a script and you were the idiot mucking everything up by adding in your improvised lines.

"I know we can't get information by torturing you, but even the greatest of heroes has a hard time watching their loved ones in pain! Every time you fail to answer a question, Bastila will suffer!"

"Who cares? I never liked her anyway."

"Ah HA! Trying to fool me by pretending you don't like her. Well, you can't trick me!"

"No, seriously. I hate her guts. And I'm not a Hero; I've been killing people left and right just for sick thrills ever since Taris. Torture her all you like; in fact, once you're done, let me have a turn."

"ENOUGH! I will torture Bastila, and you will feel bad and answer questions! It's in the script, dammit!"

There are incidents like this scattered all through the game, truly ackward moments that give the impression that the Dark Side was an afterthought. Given the storyline, this is understandable.....but now that our character is no longer enslaved to the Republic and the Jedi, might the good people at Obsidian consider having characters respond appropriately when you've been acting like a Sith the entire game and dress in solid black robes with a red lightsaber and chalk white skin?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I "kinda" agree with you. The first KotOR did seem as if the dark side was more of a joke. More time was spent being sarcastic then being evil. I got tired of having to explain my evilness, people should know and tremble at the site of me as I play through the game.

*Here here's! and doesn't really know what to add*

I hated that when Soth was torturing Carth and you say you never liked him anyway and Soth "doesn't believe you".

Grrr. Though it does seem they're heading in the right direction, what with your crew reacting to you and all . . .

So maybe? Hopefully? If we're lucky we can be Sith? :ph34r: Pweeze?

that actually pissed me off to. like when I wnet to korriban after the whole leviathan confrontation. I cant even get into the damn academy or take it over Even though my alignment is at the lowest AND my character is quite aware of the whole revan thing. and even when I mention it to the npc

Yeah, lets have some ambition and fear for the dark side. If my alignment is low enough and I have done some really bad things then I want to be feared, hated, and obeyed!

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I agree. The whole evil thing wasn't handled very well in KOTOR. You go around murdering people in cold blood in front of good people like Bastila, Carth, and Mission, and what do they do? At worse, they give you a few harsh words. If I was on a road trip with some people, and one of them suddenly started killing people, I'd get the hell away from the psychotic f*ck.

I agree. The whole evil thing wasn't handled very well in KOTOR. You go around murdering people in cold blood in front of good people like Bastila, Carth, and Mission, and what do they do? At worse, they give you a few harsh words. If I was on a road trip with some people, and one of them suddenly started killing people, I'd get the hell away from the psychotic f*ck.

Yes. However Bastila is different since she doesn't have a choice. The Jedi council need you to find the Star Forge. They have no other options whatsoever. So as horrible as you may be Bastila can never just leave. She is supposed to find the Star Forge and keep an eye on you. What would have been kewl instead of that pathetic and wholy predictable Bastila falling to the darkside is to make her try and kill you when you find the last star forge and are a really low alignment. Maybe even make it so you could have made her fall to the dark side. Especially with how much influence you have over her by the end (especially with the romance) then you would keep her on the light by being good and get her to fall when she battles you and loses. A lot of people complain about the temple and that the focus isn't on Revan. This could have been much better. Oh, well. Too late now.

I "kinda" agree with you. The first KotOR did seem as if the dark side was more of a joke. More time was spent being sarcastic then being evil. I got tired of having to explain my evilness, people should know and tremble at the site of me as I play through the game.

That's true more or less. When i tried playing KotOR as DS, i saw it more like a "what if?"-scenario compared to LS than an actual game-strategy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

that actually pissed me off to. like when I wnet to korriban after the whole leviathan confrontation. I cant even get into the damn academy or take it over Even though my alignment is at the lowest AND my character is quite aware of the whole revan thing. and even when I mention it to the npc

I've always thought on Dantooine, when you're playing as  a darksider, and you look all evil and stuff, that the all-knowing Jedi Council should've been far more cautious in training you.  It was hard to believe they couldn't see how awful (or cool) you looked.  They should've been like, "There's no way we're training this one.  LOOK at him."

There is a point cap in Taris section were you can NEVER be too much dark side or light side.

This have been brought many times by people that appear that cannot grasp the story, Revan as assigned to the Spire so Bastila could probe his memories and learn about were the Sith was getting all those ships and battledroids.

After Taris even they had no choice by train him for two reasons, one was to maintain Bastila cover as she countinued to probe Revan memories and two because Revan displayed control over the force again and they gambled the training might put Revan away from the darkside.

Besides what is the solution ... do nothing and wait for the Sith take over that galaxy because there was NO other solution.

drakron.png

That being the case, shouldn't have the other students have been a little worried? You know having Jeffrey Dahmer's zombie walking around campus? Or were they all in on it?

That being the case, shouldn't have the other students have been a little worried? You know having Jeffrey Dahmer's zombie walking around campus? Or were they all in on it?

Some people downright cheat to get max DS points in Taris, you can never get enough points for the whole "zombie look" until after the training.

drakron.png

Some people downright cheat to get max DS points in Taris, you can never get enough points for the whole "zombie look" until after the training.

Kinda sorta true. Doing every Dark Side act imaginable, I was very, very veiny and pale when I first encountered the Jedi masters. I hadn't reached the maximum 'zombie' look, but I was getting there, and it showed.

Yes but they were taking a chance it could make Revan turn away from the darkside, besides it was not like they could allow Revan to remain untrained since chances some Sith would taken him as a aprencide was too great to be risked, it was a gamble out of desperation.

drakron.png

Yes but they were taking a chance it could make Revan turn away from the darkside, besides it was not like they could allow Revan to remain untrained since chances some Sith would taken him as a aprencide was too great to be risked, it was a gamble out of desperation.

Yeah, but that only holds up as an explanation so far. When my character was laughing and cheering as the Sandrals and Matales slaughtered each other, right in front of Bastila, I think the council would have been a little more wary about sending me off to find the Star Forge, no matter how desperate they were.

Yeah, but that only holds up as an explanation so far. When my character was laughing and cheering as the Sandrals and Matales slaughtered each other, right in front of Bastila, I think the council would have been a little more wary about sending me off to find the Star Forge, no matter how desperate they were.

"Kill them! Kill them all!" :p

Good times, good times... ^_^

manthing2.jpg

And what else could they do? ... sit around and wait for Malak make a house call?

That is the problem everyone likes to ignore, there was simply NO OTHER WAY.

Besides Bastila role was to keep tabs of Revan, likely if Revan shown to remain the same Bastila was to signal the Order and deal with him, people forget Bastila role in all this was to find the Star Forge, not to help Revan finding the Star Forge.

drakron.png

I kind of solved the group interactions by surrounding myself with evil characters when possible. I mean, when you're slaughtering masses of innocent people, nothing is better then having Killbot standing behind you yelling "TAKE THAT MEATBAG!!!"

Having in-depth Darkside reactions would be a lot better, but not having to listen to nancy-boy Carth whine about "What did they ever do to you???" was reward enough for my troubles...

Exactly!

And as for Drakron's points, I agree that the Council did what they did out of desperation, but the thread in this forum is developing a Dark Side that REALLY works for KOTOR 2. I think what everyone is saying (at least what I was trying to say), is that the REACTIONS should have been more realistic since you're slaughtering, maiming, and laughing your way to Sith glory. Not to mention looking like something out of RESIDENT EVIL. But I thought you made some good points ;)

Guest Darth Banooby7

Yeah, I Thought it was funny on Mannan. The Sith think that you look like a Republic A REPUBLIC!?!?!?!? You look like a totall ZOMBIE SITH and they say you look like you look like a Jedi!?!?!? Then, the Republic soldiers say good day to you MASTER JEDI!?!?!?!?!?!? You look like DARTH MALAK'S long lost BROTHER!!!!! They should say: Outta my way Sith scum! Or: Oh NO! Please don't hurt me!!! Yeah the Dark side needs some work! :)

Yeah, I Thought it was funny on Mannan. The Sith think that you look like a Republic A REPUBLIC!?!?!?!? You look like a totall ZOMBIE SITH and they say you look like you look like a Jedi!?!?!? Then, the Republic soldiers say good day to you MASTER JEDI!?!?!?!?!?!? You look like DARTH MALAK'S long lost BROTHER!!!!! They should say: Outta my way Sith scum! Or: Oh NO! Please don't hurt me!!! Yeah the Dark side needs some work! :)

They think you look like a Jedi because of your clothing(if wearing Jedi robes) and the lightsaber in your hand. Jedi are mysterious to the vast majority of the universe. So they aren't up on how you are too pale and veiny to be a Jedi you must be a Sith. They could just think you are an ugly Jedi. :)