Attack Speed bonus from different potions stacks

AndreaColombo

Question

1. Start a new game.

2. Equip the same character with both a Potion of Relentless Striking and a Potion of Deftness.

3. Make lewd comments on a Tikawara warrior's sister's chosen profession to start a fight.

4. Drink both potions.

5. Observe that the attack speed bonus from both potions stacks.

6. Let the record show that I dearly hope this is intended.

WNvQlyM.png

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

3 answers to this question

1. Start a new game.

2. Equip the same character with both a Potion of Relentless Striking and a Potion of Deftness.

3. Make lewd comments on a Tikawara warrior's sister's chosen profession to start a fight.

4. Drink both potions.

5. Observe that the attack speed bonus from both potions stacks.

6. Let the record show that I dearly hope this is intended.

WNvQlyM.png

Can you also screenshot your recovery time to make sure they are not suppressing each other?

• Like 2

Can you also screenshot your recovery time to make sure they are not suppressing each other?

Ah, very good point. Indeed, in the weapon's recovery tooltip only the bigger bonus is listed.

At this point, this is a mere UI problem: neither the character record nor the effects list from hovering over your character or next to its portrait show either effect as suppressed.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus