Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Bug?] Devoted applies -10 Accuracy to soulbound weapons

Items

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3561 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Based on their description and lore (from the first game as well), Soulbound weapons should be universal and any character whose soul is bound to them should be considered proficient in their use. Hence, I would expect a Devoted not to take the -10 Accuracy penalty when wielding a Soulbound weapon, regardless of whether it is of the kind they are devoted to.

Currently, that is not the case:

9eDXAXh.png

Is this intended (i.e. the Devoted's restriction is meant to apply to Soulbound weapons too) or are Soulbound weapons mistakenly not flagged as universal in the current beta build?

jangoolie

jangoolie

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

This is a duplicate of this: https://forums.obsid...-proficiencies/

Currently devoted blanket applies -10 accuracy to all weapons in all situations.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7632 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
How Do you want to implement universal weapons with the current proficiencies? If you have let's say 4 profs and get a universal soulbound weapon: which modal will be displayed in the UI? All 4 side by side? Or the game picks one for you?

I guess the days of universal weapons are over - except if you simply get the fitting proficiency automatically while binding+wielding the soulbound weapon. For example the soulbound dagger will give you the proficiency for daggers if you don't already have it.

Edited by Boeroer, 23 November 2017 - 09:44 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3561 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

except if you simply get the fitting proficiency automatically while binding+wielding the soulbound weapon. For example the soulbound dagger will give you the proficiency for daggers if you don't already have it.

That would be the most sensible solution, though frankly I could settle for ensuring that perks like the Devoted's apply to them.

It's kind of odd to have your soul bound to a weapon and not be proficient in its use, is it not? :)

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7632 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
No idea - I only bound my soul to my wife and maybe I'm proficient in dealing with her modals now. ;)

Edited by Boeroer, 23 November 2017 - 10:25 AM.

• AndreaColombo and Juodas Varnas like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3561 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

This is a duplicate of this: https://forums.obsid...-proficiencies/

Currently devoted blanket applies -10 accuracy to all weapons in all situations.

It doesn't, actually. It is listed as (Conditional) and greyed out if you're using a weapon you are proficient with.

If you calculate your Accuracy you'll see it adds up. Only bug with the Devoted right now is that it lets you pick multiple proficiencies.

• KDubya likes this

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7233 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Based on their description and lore (from the first game as well), Soulbound weapons should be universal and any character whose soul is bound to them should be considered proficient in their use. Hence, I would expect a Devoted not to take the -10 Accuracy penalty when wielding a Soulbound weapon, regardless of whether it is of the kind they are devoted to.

Currently, that is not the case:

9eDXAXh.png

Is this intended (i.e. the Devoted's restriction is meant to apply to Soulbound weapons too) or are Soulbound weapons mistakenly not flagged as universal in the current beta build?

we tried to get some feedback on universal weapons pretty much day 1 o' the beta... or maybe day 2. is a question as to whether the current behavior o' soulbound and other universal weapons is a bug or intended.

maybe try and get a response at sa from josh, 'cause is clear backer beta discussion board is more for catharsis than constructive outcomes. ironic, but get actual feedback from the developers on their mechanics decisions at obsidian's own boards is the least likely forum to be eliciting a response. twitter, tumblr, sa, reddit... anywhere but obsidian.

HA! Good Fun!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users