You can't multi-class the same class twice, not even with 2 different subclasses. That was a UI bug, and Godandag is Xoti's unique monk subclass.

I don't think that is her class name. Gondandag is the first day of the week in the Eastern Reach. A bug made that string appear in the class table.

But to OP, even if you can't select double rogue, I think it's very likely that there will be an assassin-based sub-class.

I'm thinking of going rogue/wizard for my first character. Stab people in the bad, cast spells and disappear. It sounds like fun.  

That sucks. I was already looking forward to being extra roguish!

I think it's very likely that there will be an assassin-based sub-class.

Scroll way down to see subclasses:

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=480#updates

Rogue

• Assassin - From stealth or invisibility, weapon attacks have bonus damage, Penetration, and Accuracy.  All incoming damage is increased.
  • Streetfighter - Sneak Attack and crit damage increases when Flanked or Bloodied (<50% Health).  Recovery is slower when neither Flanked nor Bloodied.
  • Trickster - Gains access to Illusion spells from the wizard list.  Sneak Attack deals less damage.

I think a Streetfighter/Assassin would be great to play too.

The Shadowdancer might be good. It seems better than DnD Shadowdancers.  I've played Rogue/Monk characters a lot and love them, but I'm not a huge fan of Pillar's monk.

Edited by darkling.lithely

You can't multi-class the same class twice, not even with 2 different subclasses. That was a UI bug, and Godandag is Xoti's unique monk subclass.

I don't think that is her class name. Gondandag is the first day of the week in the Eastern Reach. A bug made that string appear in the class table.

But to OP, even if you can't select double rogue, I think it's very likely that there will be an assassin-based sub-class.

I'm thinking of going rogue/wizard for my first character. Stab people in the bad, cast spells and disappear. It sounds like fun.  

I recall seeing gondandag referenced before this update, I was pretty sure it's an actual unique subclass name.

I hope not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goedendag

:lol:

It means "Good Day" in many germanic languages such like Dutch, Low German (Plattdeutsch), Flemish and so on.

I don't know if Josh's "Godandag" was inspired by then term "Godendag" though. But since he knows german...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods