Hardwood and round holes 2K18

Leferd

Hard to really say Curry is back to MVP form after one dominant quarter, but the biggest problem for Houston is now they have to take him seriously as a threat while also doing damage control on KD, all while hoping Thompson doesn't have a huge quarter like he typically does once a series or so.  :blink:

Kudos to the Boston Celtics for being the first team in the Conference Finals to lose by 'only' single digits. Yeah, it was 9 and it includes a garbage bucket at the end but it still counts. L0L

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It was at least a somewhat more exciting game to watch than the 30 and 40 point blowouts we've been getting lately.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In hindsight, there were some questionable substitution patterns from Kerr that probability contributed to Houston’s victory.

The 19 turnovers to 14 assists is on the players.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Celtics D was stout tonight.  They jumped out to an early lead and never looked back.  The Cavs couldn't get anything going offensively.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not that I trust the voters, but they agree with me: Kyrie Irving is not a top 6 guard. LMAO

As for the Cavs-Bos. Man. That was embarrassing. In some ways, CLE should just lose at home in game 6 if their starting guards don't want to play on the road anyways. LMAO

https://ca.nba.com/news/all-nba-first-second-third-team-demar-derozan-raptors-lebron-james-harden/lg4bed99u9y41j4tt91thbgff

Edited by Volourn

I don't watch basketball at all, but I like following the various sports subreddits come playoff time to join in on the excitement. I just realized that I should probably be cheering for the Warriors (being part-Californian and all), but I've been quietly cheering for the underdog this entire time. Plus, Houston and the hurricane and all... Decisions, decisions...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The last two Rockets/Warriors games is akin to watching this:

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

SHOCKER.

Oops. No really.

So, GS in  5  again most likely. Maybe 4. And, I bet 3 of their 4 victories will be because of 3rd quarter beat downs.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

Warriors are 12 point favorites for game one.

Series Price is pretty tempting for Cleveland.

Cavaliers +650

Warriors -1000

Bet $100 to win $650. Golden State will get action, but no way am I putting down $1,000 for a chance to win $100. Not against LeBron — especially when injuries and balls- busting suspensions are possible.

For a second there it looked like we might actually get a different Finals this year, but, alas, it was not to be.  Oh well, like Volo, I expect the Dubs to take this in 5.  The Cleveland LeBrons will win one "statement" game at home, but, otherwise, they are severely outmatched and outgunned.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Between JR and Hill being doodoo heads and refs being  scum this was a no doubt victory for the Warriors.

However, Kudos to Curry. At this rate, James will be the best player but it will be Curry winning MVP as he team crusies to a sweep. Also,  double kudos to Green for hitting a couple of late 3 pointers unlike the Cleveland Clankers.

That game has got to be mentally backbreaking for the Cavs.  LeBron had a MONSTER game scoring 51 and they had the game pretty much in the bag if George Hill could have just hit a free throw or JR Smith understood the situation.  Let's hope they recover from that heartwrenching game 1 better than T-Dot did after their stomach punch of a game 1.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸