Swoop Bikes

Please Please do more with the Swoop Bikes. Let them be upgradable. Alow the player to even purchase new bikes. I do not want the bikes or to be about micro management but I would like a little more customizable stuff.

P.S. When the game is over and we choose to start a new let us keep everything we have level, stats, and weuipment but also make the second time around harder where you can still gain levels and get more force powers and feats.

Well those are my suggestions. :D :lol: :ph34r:

The only way I'd enjoy Swoop racing is if I(or one of my teammates) could win just by being a better mechanic in-game(makes that repair skill seem like a better investment) as well as a good pilot(where's that pilot skill).

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

The only way I'd enjoy Swoop racing is if I(or one of my teammates) could win just by being a better mechanic in-game(makes that repair skill seem like a better investment) as well as a good pilot(where's that pilot skill).

Not a bad idea B)

Could be a "get two for one" there, making swoopracing more interesting and some practical use for skills.

With low repair skill, you can add new bumpers and a pair of velvet dice to the rearview mirror. With high repair skill, you can add shock absorbers, nitro dispensers and optimize the engine etc.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Part of Star Wars for me is customizing equipment. I want to be able to take the Ebon Hawk, and upgrade it the way the Falcon was upgraded. The same goes for the Swoop Bike.

Not much is done with space travel in the engine, so I imagine it would be easier to integrate Swoop upgrades. the minigames were not well received in KOTOR, but I think they could become a strong selling point in the sequel, and add to replay value and overall enjoyment of the game with some tweaking.

Pazak inherently is a love-it-or-leave-it game. Either you enjoy card games and gambling, or you don't. Swoop racing however had great potential and was poorly executed. I think it has great potential for improvement. The turret game is a microcosm of much more indepth games, and would likely entail heavy additions to engine to make it more responsive/immersive/meaningful.

In addition to upgrading the swoop, here are a few other suggestions I hope the devs might integrate.

• Race another swoop instead of racing the clock - Having twenty swoops on one track would likely kill framerate, as well as make it impossible to hit speed-ups. However, a one-on-one race would be more exciting, and in some ways more difficult. It adds layers of strategy. Do you race aggressive, bumping each other out of the way of speed-ups, or stay away and shoot for a different path? It would also be immediately more fun and rewarding than racing against your own time. Race fans don't watch when people test for pole position. They watch cars race each other on the same track. Unhindered by traffic, pole times are much faster, but traffic makes the race interesting.
  • Have tournaments of concurrent races without saving inbetween - You should have the option for a single exhibition race, or to enter into a tournament. The tournament should have SEVERAL levels of difficulty to add-to replay. Those who have a low repair, or lack the parts for upgrades might win the first few rounds and win a few bucks. You can come back later with the best upgrades and try to take home a cup. I think you should be able to save after exhibition matches, but not inbetween rounds of a tournament. It might frustrate players, but it will add a level of challenge (adding in replay value) so you can throw in a huge purse as an incentive.
  • Have more than three tracks - I'm not a developer on the game, and I don't know the engine. The tracks are basically 2D, and relatively simple. They don't seem that difficult to develop, nor store. The main difficulty with several tracks I see is making them unique and creating new textures. I'd at least like to see the move to four tracks.

Thoughts, suggestions?

a track that isn't as simple as "go in a straight line" would be nice. you know- curves, slopes, tunnels... that type of thing. hazards should also include some that can't be bumped into but that hinder sight (smoke, waterfalls, fog)

swoop upgrades should include plating, upgraded drives, upgraded drive shift and turbo drives.

there should be a possibility to buy and sell swoops in addition to being able to modify them. swoops should have different looks.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Wow never knew so many people out there who likes the swoops bikes but were dissappointed at what we got. I just hope the deveopers are listening.

EnderWiggin said it best I think with his suggestions. But I just have to say it one last time, Please no MICROMANAGEMENT. I do not want to worry about a screw falling out or getting loose and you have to find. Just basic stuff like armour, engines, paint schemes, nitro and possibly weapons for a death race.

I really like the idea of racing againist someone rather then their times.

Thanks again everyone.

there should be a possibility to buy and sell swoops in addition to being able to modify them. swoops should have different looks.

Exactly! That way, the players who chose to avoid these silly minigames should gain the advantage of a big payoff when we sell our first swoop bike while it's still in mint condition!

We need some consolation for all the things that should've been added to the actual game but weren't because the devs wasted their time making ridiculously incongruous racing/shooting/card games. The 50 creds we save never buying a Pazaak deck ain't gonna cut it! :blink:

Exactly! That way, the players who chose to avoid these silly minigames should gain the advantage of a big payoff when we sell our first swoop bike while it's still in mint condition!

Or we could just keep it and try to collect 'em all!

edit: Sounds good tho

hey people, why not just play podracer for the pc. it should have a nice 10 dollar price right now.

anyway, upgrading swoops would be good, and a selection of bikes.

why not develop an extra swoop game and make it an add-on to kotor2?

whoever wants to swoop, swoops. whoever doesn't, won't buy the add-on.

morrowind-style.

hey people, why not just play podracer for the pc. it should have a nice 10 dollar price right now.

anyway, upgrading swoops would be good, and a selection of bikes.

whoever wants to swoop, swoops. whoever doesn't, won't buy the add-on.

morrowind-style.

Erm....because that would mean not only wouldn't be integrated into the game all that well, but we also would have to fork over money for another game? ;)

Ok, this is going too far.

Why not remove swoop bikes althogheter ?!?

This is KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC, i want to swing my light saber and save the universe, i don't care for swoop races. It's a retarded idea originated by the terrible prequels to boot, enought already, the devs have FAR more important things to worry about, and i remind you that Lucas Art didn't exactly gave them an eternity to make this game.

At contrary, they are on a very short leash, would you really want them to waist time on a swoop bike Add On ?!? Are you out of your mind. ?!? ;)

My problem with the swoop bikes is they don't look like swoop bikes. Refer to shadows of the empire (level with swoop bikes) or SWEP2 when Anakin goes to save his mother on a swoop bike. Those swoop bikes look more like motorcycles. The swoop bikes in KOTOR look more like pod racers then anything. Why didn't the devs just call them pod racers if they planed to make them look the way they do? :p

"My problem with the swoop bikes is they don't look like swoop bikes. Refer to shadows of the empire (level with swoop bikes) or SWEP2 when Anakin goes to save his mother on a swoop bike. Those swoop bikes look more like motorcycles. The swoop bikes in KOTOR look more like pod racers then anything. Why didn't the devs just call them pod racers if they planed to make them look the way they do? "

And you don't think that during, say 4000 frikkin years, what passes for a swoopbike might change!?

Ok, this is going too far.

Why not remove swoop bikes althogheter ?!?

This is KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC, i want to swing my light saber and save the universe, i don't care for swoop races. It's a retarded idea originated by the terrible prequels to boot, enought already, the devs have FAR more important things to worry about, and i remind you that Lucas Art didn't exactly gave them an eternity to make this game.

At contrary, they are on a very short leash, would you really want them to waist time on a swoop bike Add On ?!? Are you out of your mind. ?!? :lol:

you don't have to say something just for the sake of saying it, you know.

if you look carefully, i hinted at morrowind. there, the devs made the game and then followed up with an ADD-ON later on. i didn't say anything about swoop bikes being a necessity, BUT this topic IS on swoop bikes.

besides, the team has already stated that they are going to be in the game.

btw, no, i am perfectly sane. :lol:

a track that isn't as simple as "go in a straight line" would be nice. you know- curves, slopes, tunnels... that type of thing. hazards should also include some that can't be bumped into but that hinder sight (smoke, waterfalls, fog)

swoop upgrades should include plating, upgraded drives, upgraded drive shift and turbo drives.

Great Ideas Sniggy!

It would be so cool if your Swoop had a flucuating value dependent on your Tournament wins/Title status etc. So you coud win a few Prizes with your crappy bike, and then sell it for a fortune because it's a "Champions Swoop Bike". B)

manthing2.jpg

Great Ideas Sniggy!

It would be so cool if your Swoop had a flucuating value dependent on your Tournament wins/Title status etc. So you coud win a few Prizes with your crappy bike, and then sell it for a fortune because it's a "Champions Swoop Bike". B)

Aye.

"This Bike carried me to victory countless times, it will do the same for you if you treat it right."

Just don't mention that it's a POS and the only reason you did so well on it is because 'Force Reload'. :p

That's another thing that bothered me in KOTOR.

Say you're on Tatooine dealing with some scumbag, and you use Dominate Mind to get a few extra credits out of said scumbag, Bastilla would chastise you. Look, you're taking money away from a scumbag to buy equipment that will help you take down Malak. It's not like Bastilla hasn't used questionable morals towards pursuing a higher goal (lying to you about being Revan).

It seemed rather hypocritcal.