I can see it now, and now its all I can see!  Before, it looked like she was looking at Serafen, now I can't see how she can be looking at anything else except up the skirt!

I don't know, to me it always looked like she was taking a nap, and her eyes were closed.

• Like 3

I can see it now, and now its all I can see!  Before, it looked like she was looking at Serafen, now I can't see how she can be looking at anything else except up the skirt!

I don't know, to me it always looked like she was taking a nap, and her eyes were closed.

Ditto - she's taking a nap.

Had too much ale...

Soooooo.... what you guys are saying is that Maia is taking advantage of Xoti's unconcious state to teabag her?

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Sorry, must be in a nefarious mood today.  :biggrin:  Or too much tea, probably shouldn't post after drinking five cups in a row...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Dude.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Okay, after looking up what you get when googling, I would just like to say that I was purely thinking of it in a FPS shooter kind of way and was not thinking of the further connotations at all.  Further to this, I would like to apologise for destroying this thread and for mentally scaring you all.  I shall now boot up Pillars of Eternity to continue my Cipher playthrough as penance for my posting...

Lol you guys.

Anyways, as for the 'three characters talking over each other', it seems like theres two different conversations. The blue guy seems to be talking to Aloth (who seems to be sort of looking at blue guy), presumably about magic stuff. While the Wild Orlan (rogue maybe? He's the dual weilding pistol firing Orlan in the banner above) and Maia (ranger I think?) are arguing over something.

Also, anybody notice the hawk (Maia's I think?) giving Pallegina the Hylea blessed paladin a look? heh.

Edited by smjjames

The blue guy seems to be talking to Aloth (who seems to be sort of looking at blue guy), presumably about magic stuff. While the Wild Orlan (rogue maybe? He's the dual weilding pistol firing Orlan in the banner above) and Maia (ranger I think?) are arguing over something.

Also, anybody notice the hawk (Maia's I think?) giving Pallegina the Hylea blessed paladin a look? heh.

The blue guy: Tekehu, chanter/druid

Wild orlan: Serafen, cipher/barbarian

Maia: ranger with a bird of prey bird companion (named Ishiza)

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Waiiit, if Serafen (female Orlan? Thought that one was male, hard to tell) is a cipher/barbarian, then we might see a subclass in either involving firearms. Also, dual weilding pistols. That's a discussion for the thread on subclasses though.

Did you not read or watch any of the fig updates and twitch streams/transcriptions? Because nealry all your questions and assumtions already got answered (he's a MALE orlan, dual wielding pistols and so on ;) ).

Also "cipher/barbarian" in this case doesn't mean that he starts as a multiclass character, but his starting class has to be either cipher OR barbarian. You can multiclass with everything else then if you like. So, the chances that we see a barb with focus in ranged combat didn't increase because of this companion, but I would still welcome such an approach.

He also starts with a hand mortar by the way.

Edér will be either rogue or fighter, Xoti either priest or monk, Blue Man Dude has to be chanter or druid. Funny thing: Aloth can either be wizard or barbarian (hello Iselmyr!).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Aloth has to start as a Wizard IIRC.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I dunno, Iselmyr seems more the rogueish type, in attitude at least. Though I suppose we might get to choose to what to multiclass him as.

And no, I didn't read the fig updates and twitch transcripts etc. I was also going to ask if any class can multiclass as anything, but sounds like that got answered, thanks Boeroer.

Aloth has to start as a Wizard IIRC.

I thought this was the case as well.

I think everybody is expecting him to remain as a wizard, else Obsidian would have to explain to fans how he suddenly stopped being a wizard. Not to mention having to explain him breaking from his previous history.

Anyways, I'm suddenly finding myself wondering about how to plan my current cipher character to make him as a save that goes on to PoE2 and I'm also wanting to make an Aumaua character because I like my idea of having a native Huana also be a pirate.

However, I've got time to explore the different classes, which is probably what I should do before finalizing on a main (or a few) that will go to PoE2.

Edited by smjjames

I think Aloth has to be a wizard, Pallegina has to be a Paladin, and Kana's sister has to be a Ranger. The other ones have one of two starting classes and after level 1 you can pick any class you like. So Aloth can be a Wizard1/Barbarian 19 of you want.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Huh, Maia is Kana's sister? Okay.

Also, Eder has to be a fighter, because that's what he was. I've heard people saying that they want to multiclass him as a ranger so that he has something to pet, heh.

As for Pallegina, in three of her endings, she was booted from her paladin order. However, while she rejoins an order in two of them (pardoned and rejoins her old one, or joins Kind Wayfarers), but in one of them, it's not clear if she is still a paladin or not. So, whether she is still a paladin might depend on her ending.

I'd probably expect the companions first class level to be locked in place and unchangeable, if only for story reasons. But yes, Eder could easily have one rank in fighter or rogue and the rest in whatever else the player chooses.

edit:

Quoting https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=243#updates (yes, I'm reading them now, heh)

"In our companion write-ups, you will see some characters described as class a/class b.  This does not mean that they are forced to be multiclassed, but that the character's 1st level must be from one of those classes.  For example, Edér's class is fighter/rogue.  From level 2 on, you may advance Edér as you see fit, but his first class must be either fighter or rogue.  This gives you the ability to customize your party companions while not fundamentally deviating heavily from their core character concept.  Note that some other characters, like Aloth, must always start from a single class because it is more central to their concept. You may multiclass Aloth as a wizard/fighter, a wizard/barbarian, or a wizard/cipher, but his first class will always be wizard."

Just putting that up there.

Edited by smjjames

He has a moon crescent on his forehead. He has fins and other aquatic features. Ondra is the goddess of the sea and moon (among other things related to that). His head is covered with some wierd growth. So it's pretty obvious that he is a godlike who's "blessed" by ondra - like moon godlikes are. Maybe just a variant of moon godlike, maybe a standalone godlike version. I think it's the former. Moon godlike racial ability is called "Silver Tide". I don't think they will (or want to) come up with anything more fitting.

Belt buckler looks kind of like an interpretation of Ondra's symbol, too.

He has a moon crescent on his forehead. He has fins and other aquatic features. Ondra is the goddess of the sea and moon (among other things related to that). His head is covered with some wierd growth. So it's pretty obvious that he is a godlike who's "blessed" by ondra - like moon godlikes are. Maybe just a variant of moon godlike, maybe a standalone godlike version. I think it's the former. Moon godlike racial ability is called "Silver Tide". I don't think they will (or want to) come up with anything more fitting.

Belt buckler looks kind of like an interpretation of Ondra's symbol, too.

OEIwaffles said that he isn't a Moon godlike...

I have a question, do the new Deadfire variant of the Moon godlike have fin thingies on their forearms? Maybe the blue companion is one of those new Moon godlikes.

They do not. He's not a Moon godlike - We'll be sharing some more information on him in the future! :)

... But that doesn't mean he won't have some connection to Ondra.

Edited by smjjames

Ditto - she's taking a nap.

Had too much ale...

Soooooo.... what you guys are saying is that Maia is taking advantage of Xoti's unconcious state to teabag her?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

• Like 1