Phoenix Point, the next game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop, now on Fig

22 hours ago, Gorgon said:

I dunno if this is heresy or not, but I'm not really interested in Xcom if it's not Firaxis.  

Not heresy. Firaxis take is fine enough, though I don't think they took advantage of strategic/tactical layer interplay, plus some minor gripes in design which I was willing to forgive on their first attempt, but really annoyed me in the sequel.

That said, so far PP didn't wow me. My only hope that what they have cooking in their pot, is far better then what they allowed backers to sample.

• 2 weeks later...

too bad its year away for me 😕

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Just got a 10 ducket discount for the season pass

Correction, maybe I have a 10 ducket discount to give away?

Greetings, Phoenix Point Backer!

We have been getting some questions about the Coupon Code for a discount on the Season Pass for Phoenix Point that we emailed out today. We want to clear this up.

If you backed Phoenix Point prior to March 12, 2019, you are getting the Season Pass (all 5 DLCs!) free. You may have also received a coupon code for a discount on the Season Pass. This was an error on our part, but the good news is that these codes are totally transferrable. Please do not redeem these yourself, but feel free to give them to a friend who can use the discount for a purchase of the Season Pass.

Thanks and see you on the Geoscape!

The Phoenix Point Team

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Ok, I'm getting excited. Between discovering Battle Brothers recently and this, I'm pretty happy with my future of TB squad combat games!

Is BB as good as people say? I have been keeping an eye on it, since Josh endoresed it a while ago. Looks like something worth diving into, though I haven't found time for it just yet.