RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20174-18-starcraft-and-its-brood-wars-expansion-are-now-officially-free

SC&BW is free, if you don't have it already.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Love that voice acting

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I do really like that you'll be playing Empire in the Battlefront II single player, I just hope it's not one of those deals where you begin as Empire, than at some point have a change of heart and eventually help the rebellion.  It would be really awesome if the entire single player campaign was from the perspective that the Empire are lawful peacekeepers and the rebellion are terrorist scum that must be wiped from the face of the galaxy.  I doubt DICE and EA have the cojones to do an entire campaign and never waver from the Empire are the good guys view point, but it would amazing if they did.

In other news, Man O War Corsair came out of early access today and I know at the very least Melky has played it, if anyone else has feel free to chime in.  I have 3 questions:

1) Can you play as an orc.  I mean as your main character, not just recruits.

2) I've seen comparisons to Mount & Blade and Sid Meier's Pirates!  Is that fair?

3) Is it good?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1) Can you play as an orc.  I mean as your main character, not just recruits.

2) I've seen comparisons to Mount & Blade and Sid Meier's Pirates!  Is that fair?

3) Is it good?

Do I get to chime in as well?

1) Not in single player (yet). All races are playable in the custom battles. I have been lobbying strongly for an open world sandbox mode that would make Orcs playable. I hope after the alternate human and chaos campaigns that it will move up in the list of things, as I don't see it as hard to do now that the basics for non-human are there with Chaos.

2) I have no experience with M&B but have seen the comparison from a lot of people as well. It does have similarities to Pirates! but it replaces the silly dancing mini-game with sea monsters.

3) I have 128 hours in it according to Steam. There are still some things I want to do (clear the orcs out of the western ocean for example), but now that my game time is in the triple digits I am starting to play less. Though I know that once I get into fending off a skaven invasion etc I'll be quite happy playing. I would like to play as dwarves though. And I am looking forward to the new hard difficulty start that is planned.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I do really like that you'll be playing Empire in the Battlefront II single player, I just hope it's not one of those deals where you begin as Empire, than at some point have a change of heart and eventually help the rebellion.  It would be really awesome if the entire single player campaign was from the perspective that the Empire are lawful peacekeepers and the rebellion are terrorist scum that must be wiped from the face of the galaxy.  I doubt DICE and EA have the cojones to do an entire campaign and never waver from the Empire are the good guys view point, but it would amazing if they did.

Yeah what the world needs is video games where portraying a member of a fascist regime is being one of the "good guys."

Also I think TIE Fighter actually has you remain Imperial throughout the game.

Yeah what the world needs is video games where portraying a member of a fascist regime is being one of the "good guys."

Why is that a bad idea?  I think it would make for a really interesting story.  Presumably many, if not most, people working for the Empire truly believe they are in the right.  They still view the Emperor as the Senator who took charge and stopped the war before it could spread further, bringing peace and stability to the galaxy.  They've bought in to the propaganda.  The game could reference famous moments in Star Wars lore, but show it from the Empire propaganda point of view.  Any Star Wars fan would know that isn't the true perspective on it, and obviously anyone buying Battlefront II would be a Star Wars fan.

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why is that a bad idea?  I think it would make for a really interesting story.  Presumably many, if not most, people working for the Empire truly believe they are in the right.  They still view the Emperor as the Senator who took charge and stopped the war before it could spread further, bringing peace and stability to the galaxy.  They've bought in to the propaganda.  The game could reference famous moments in Star Wars lore, but show it from the Empire propaganda point of view.  Any Star Wars fan would know that isn't the true perspective on it, and obviously anyone buying Battlefront II would be a Star Wars fan.

Well I mean I don't really like the idea but by the same token I love playing Imperials in SW:TOR so take my sarcasm for what it's worth.

Edited by Belle Sorciere

EDIT: Nevermind. I need to read more posts before I start with my posting. :facepalm:

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

SAINTS ROW II is FREE on gog. Right now.

You're welcome :)

• Like 5

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

SAINTS ROW II is FREE on gog. Right now.

You're welcome :)

I posted about it in the Random Sales thread hours ago. Probably good to get the word out in this thread as well so no one misses out. ;)
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm really looking forward to it since David Hayter is voicing one of the main characters (the antogonist I think?) I'll be getting it at launch for pc.

Immortal Redneck is coming... An fps in the vein of Serious Sam, Strafe, Quake, etc but with Rogue-Lite and rpg elements. Proceedural dungeons, skill trees, 9 classes, etc.

https://youtu.be/fUfLTsQOY9g

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Shadow Of Colossus spiritual successor :)

• Like 3

I like the name if nothing else. I have Shadow of the Colossus but I hate it; I don't know how anyone can stand the camera or frame drops in that game. The latter shouldn't be a problem in this era though...

https://youtu.be/8Zulk8c_8LY

I like the name if nothing else. I have Shadow of the Colossus but I hate it; I don't know how anyone can stand the camera or frame drops in that game. The latter shouldn't be a problem in this era though...

SoTC definitely had it's flaws, which held it back from being great. Even the remaster had the same fps issues.

I don't expect that this game won't have those same issues but for fans of SoTC, this is what they've been waiting for.

Edited by SonicMage117

The next Call of Duty will be set in WWII . Uh... Okay. I genuinely did not expect that. Mostly because that seems like a splendidly stupid idea. But okay.

Uu, it could be alt-reality WWII with lasers

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Uu, it could be alt-reality WWII with lasers

Reminds me of Wolfenstein: The New Order :p