Your DVD/Blu-Ray collection.

algroth

Kinda inspired by a convo I was having on another thread with Amentep. Do you guys collect films in any physical format? If so, feel free to share them here! Be it as a list, as pics or else. Feel free to comment on other people's lists too.

Living in Argentina, it's pretty hard for me to get my hands on releases that are interesting, of good quality and accessible price-wise. Usually I'm limited to asking people who travel abroad if they can receive a few Amazon orders of mine. Either way, here's what I own...

On blu-ray:

Ali: Fear Eats the Soul

Alien

The American Friend

Army of Shadows

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Batman Begins

The Battle of Algiers

Black Narcissus

Branded to Kill

A Brighter Summer Day

Children of Paradise

Citizen Kane

A Clockwork Orange

The Dark Knight

Don't Look Now

The Double Life of Veronique

The Earrings of Madame de...

The Emigrants / The New Land

Hara-kiri

If....

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion

Ivan's Childhood

La Jetée / Sans Soleil

Kwaidan

Last Year in Marienbad

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp

Marketa Lazarová

Paris Belongs to Us

Persona

The Red Circle

Sansho the Bailiff

Seven Samurai

The Seventh Seal

Solaris

The Sword of Doom

Vengeance Is Mine

Five films by John Cassavetes

The Complete Jacques Tati

DVD:

Angel Heart

An Autumn Tale

Away from Her

Babel

Battleship Potemkin

The Bicycle Thieves

Big Bang Love

Boogie el aceitoso

Brazil

Brothers

El bruto

Charlie Wilson's War

Children of Men

The Departed

Dead of Alive 2: Birds

Dr. No

Election I

Election II

The Elephant Man

Flags of Our Fathers

The Hitcher

The Hourglass Sanatorium

The Host

The Human Condition

Inland Empire

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Leonera

Letters from Iwo Jima

Magnolia

Moonraker

Mulholland Dr.

My Own Private Idaho

Nazareno Cruz y el lobo

The Night of the Living Dead

No Country for Old Men

Octopussy

On the Way to School

Othello (double program: Welles & Buchowetzki)

The Purple Rose of Cairo

¿Quién dice que es fácil?

Quixotic

The Saragossa Manuscript

Schindler's List

Sling Blade

The Sun

Sunshine

Tomorrow Never Dies

That Obscure Object of Desire

There Will Be Blood

Three Colours: Blue

Viridiana

The Wayward Cloud

The Wild Bunch

The Wind that Shakes the Barley

The Whore and the Whale

Yesterday Once More

You Only Live Twice

Three films by Hiroshi Teshigahara

Pigs, Pimps and Battleships: Three films by Shohei Imamura

Late Ozu

Carlos Saura's Flamenco trilogy

The films of Alejandro Jodorowsky (El topo, The Holy Mountain, Fando y Lis)

Most of the DVDs I remember getting from the rented bin at Blockbuster, it's the one thing I miss from the place now that it's gone. But yeah, this is it for the most part for me.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I have hudnreds. I'm not going to name all of them. Some of them I haven't even seen yet but saw them and they were cheap so I grabbed them. Avatar is just one example of that. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Like Volourn I got 100's but mostly DVD and less than 10 blu-rays. Simply becaue I don't have a multi region blu-Ray player, so not buying any movies in that format :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't own any DVDs or Blu-rays

I used to have a huge collection of DVDs but I lost them one way or another when I was in the military

Kinda sad but I don't mess with any physical media anymore

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've gone mostly digital as well. I have about 30 movies that I keep in the RV, mostly baseball and kids movies, and then a few special ones that I keep for myself.

That sounded wrong, I meant like Deadpool and Evil Dead. I've gone digital with the 'special' movies, of course.

• Like 4

I've gone mostly digital as well. I have about 30 movies that I keep in the RV, mostly baseball and kids movies, and then a few special ones that I keep for myself.

Movies of the kids you keep in the RV? >_>

And yeah, some collections can certainly be too big to list down. I wish there was greater availability for films over here, but you often have to pay a boatload for pretty dire stuff.

It would be really cool if I could stick a DVD in my PC and upload it to my iTunes library like you can with music CD's. I was never so happy as the day I uploaded all my CD's and then threw them out the window.

Nuuu... ;-; If there's a collection I certainly couldn't list, it's my CDs. Nowadays I mostly listen to stuff off of my CD collection than online, and I really dread thinking of getting rid of them some day.

That sounded wrong, I meant like Deadpool and Evil Dead. I've gone digital with the 'special' movies, of course.

That sounded even more wrong  :brows:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It would be really cool if I could stick a DVD in my PC and upload it to my iTunes library like you can with music CD's. I was never so happy as the day I uploaded all my CD's and then threw them out the window.

Ripping and encoding BluRays is especially a hassle, especially when you consider that a single BluRay can often have as much as 70GB worth of content...which makes it so that, unlike music where you can just keep stuff in a lossless format (flac or alac or even wav), it's just not very practical to not re-encode it. It's just so much more resource-intensive and time-consuming than music to do video. ...Especially if you want to do it right. Doing bit-perfect copies of CDs is even a little bit of a hassle, but still nothing compared to BluRays.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I just stream or download stuff.

I've gone digital with the 'special' movies, of course.

Let's be honest, almost everyone has and no one pays for that stuff.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

• 2 weeks later...

I have thousands that I haven't got around to watching. I've placed them into an Unwatched folder with sub folders (genres) , so if I want to watch a Western, War, Action, Sci-Fi, Drama, Horror movie, I can click on the folder and pick one. I then transfer that movie into my 'Watched' folder which also has the same genre sub-folders. Easy to keep track of what movie I've watched and what I haven't seen.