Baseball 2017

Guard Dog

Looks like it'll be the Peralta site.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/A-s-want-to-build-new-ballpark-next-to-Laney-12193239.php

peraltaballpark1-med.jpg?w=585&h=495

Privately-financed downtown location with freeway access right off 880 between 5th and 8th Ave sandwiched between Lake Merritt to the North and the Brooklyn Basin development and estuary to the south. Easy access to Lake Merritt BART, and good eats in Chinatown a few blocks away.

Already talked to my real estate agent.

920x920.jpg

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Leferd beat me to it! https://ballparkdigest.com/2017/09/13/athletics-pick-laney-college-site-for-new-privately-financed-ballpark/

Both Marlins & Rays are playing home series on the road due to hurricane damage.

Stanton is stuck on #54 for three days

The Tribe are one win away from breaking the AL record and tying the all time win streak record. And two away from the happy hunting grounds.

The Dodgers and Nats have clinched. The Astros have a magic number of 2, the Tribe has a magic number of 3. The NL  central is a real dogfight.

The Marlins and Rays are fading fast.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Less than a week to go in the season.

• Judge broke the rookie HR record tonight with his 50th
  • Stanton is at 57 with six games left to get to 62. That will at least make him the only player to do it clean. Two of those games are in Denver, so you never know.
  • The Cubs have finally created some space between them and the Brewers.
  • The only real race in the NL now is between the Brewers, Rockies, and Cardinals for the last WC spot. The Rockies are at home for the last week so my money is on them.
  • Barring something unforeseen the AL is all locked up and has been for a while now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

58 & 59 http://m.mlb.com/news/article/256618102/marlins-giancarlo-stanton-hits-58-59th-hrs/

3 to go... three games to go

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

Thomas Sowell

2017 is going to be remembered as a terrible year for the world in general. The highpoints have been few and the tragedies numerous. And while this hardly qualifies as a highpoint, it's not nothing either: Jeffrey Loria (former Marlins owner) has left the building! He ran a letter in the Miami Herald thanking the fans and proclaiming what an honor it was to ruin the Marlins. Well Mr. Loria, the honor was all yours. Do not let the door hit your ass on the way out. You've completely destroyed one baseball team (the Expos) and nearly destroyed another. Hopefully Pete Rose will be back in baseball before you are.

Now the house cleaning begins: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jeter-fires-4-more-marlins-employees/ar-AAsD8SY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

Thomas Sowell

The new guy   will probably be worse. He doesn't even have the guts to fire people himself. In factr, he whines to someone he already fired to fire them.  Lorai has a lot of flaws but he did lead the team to glory and also EPIC fails.  We'll see what champion player Jetercan do as owner. Off tio a sloppy start.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Today is the last day of the regular season. All playoff positions are decided. All games are meaningless. Except that for most it will be the last game period so the actually mean a lot. Stanton has 59. He's leading off today to get him the most ABs.

So today I'm going to realx, drink a lot of iced tea, put the Marlins game on my XM radio and enjoy what really is the last day of summer.

After this I'll start really watching football.

Thomas Sowell

I've been watching the Rockies game, and my dog decided to bring me a baseball. He has never done that before, and oddly enough the ball was one my daughter got at a Rockies game a year ago. Spooky, it's like he knew they were trying to rally.

One more inning to get back in it for them.

• Like 1

The new guy   will probably be worse. He doesn't even have the guts to fire people himself. In factr, he whines to someone he already fired to fire them.  Lorai has a lot of flaws but he did lead the team to glory and also EPIC fails.  We'll see what champion player Jetercan do as owner. Off tio a sloppy start.

The team Loria "led to glory" was assembled by Dave Dombrowski. It was the proceeds of the Great Fire Sale on '98. That was all done under Huizenga. When Loria took over the team in the devils bargain in '02 all the pieces were there. He blew it all up in the Great Fire Sale of '04 because all those good young players were hitting arbitration. He would go on to do it again four more times. He fired Dombrowski nearly the day after the World Series. What followed was 13 years of cynical cheapness, lies to MLB, the players, the fans, and the city of Miami. I am certain Jeff Loria is not the most despicable example of the human species. But he's certainly in the lower fifth of the population pool.

Thomas Sowell

MLB, 'fans', and the city of Miami DESERVE to be lied to.

Really? He was lying about the Marlins financial condition to 1) Falsely accept revenue sharing from the other clubs 2) Keep the payroll artificially low and not run afoul of the players union and CBA 3) Pry taxpayer dollars from the city to build a stadium he could have easily contributed much more to. 

No one deserves that.

Thomas Sowell

Four games on today. All spaced out so you can watch all four if you want. Yes, I do believe I will do just that!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Can you imagine the Dodgers vs the Yankees in the WS? That would be like Palpatine vs Snoke.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The Red Sox fired John Farrell! http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/red-sox-fire-manager-john-farrell/ar-AAtivGw?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp&ffid=gz

I guess 93 wins and a trip to the playoffs was unacceptable to Dave Dombrowski. I bet the Mets would love to have him. 

Thomas Sowell

I can't wait to see the smear campaign the Red Sox front office puts out about Farrell, ala Terry Francona.

The Sawx may be my team, but I loathe the ownership. They are pure scum.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ouch:

1dgae2.jpg

Thomas Sowell

Snoke vs Palpatine. The Empire vs the First Order... it's only one game from becoming a reality.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Well the First Order is in. Now waiting for the Empire. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The end of an era. When DC United finishes it's season in two days that will be the end of the line for RFK Stadium. For may years it was the home of the Washington Senators and the Washington Redskins. Even the Nationals played there for a time. Whe it's gone the Oakland will have the last of the big multi-use stadiums. And it's clock is ticking too. https://ballparkdigest.com/2017/10/19/end-of-an-era-at-rfk-stadium/

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell