I know we will be allowed to pick sub-classes for our multi-class characters, but will we also be able to select two sub-classes within the same character class through multi-classing?

I think it might be fun for a ghost heart lodge ranger to eventually start progressing as a base class ranger and form a new bond while still calling on his spirit companion. I am sure each class will have sub classes rife for combination as well, but I know this might add quite a bit of complexity to account for.

Every class you take, can take a sub-class. But if I understand it correctly, you can't multi-class in the same class twice. Meaning you can't double sub-class a single class.

that's my understanding aswell. It would kind of silly, say in the case of a priest, multiclass two priest subclasses. Somehow I don't think the gods would just roll with that. ^_^

• Like 1

No, for example you can't both be a Black Jacket and a vanilla Fighter. You can be a Black Jacket and an Assassin though.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Every class you take, can take a sub-class. But if I understand it correctly, you can't multi-class in the same class twice. Meaning you can't double sub-class a single class.

that's my understanding aswell. It would kind of silly, say in the case of a priest, multiclass two priest subclasses. Somehow I don't think the gods would just roll with that. ^_^

Wich is my doubt about a Priest and Paladin multiclassing. If Gods are their subclasses, how would that mix?

Wich is my doubt about a Priest and Paladin multiclassing. If Gods are their subclasses, how would that mix?

Paladin orders are not focused on any particular deity. A Kind Wayfarer could be a follower of Eothas or Hylea.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Paladin orders are not focused on any particular deity. A Kind Wayfarer could be a follower of Eothas or Hylea.

St Elcga trail i think is Eothas and Steel Garotte is Woedica...

Just pointing out. Not saying anything.

Some paladin/priest combinations might be a bit a stretch all the same. Like a Bleak Walker of Eothas. Even that's not inconceivable, though, taking into account the persecution his followers face and the sort of ruthlessness it could breed among the more vengeful of them.

I'm not sure really why a priest couldn't worship two gods anyway in a polytheistic setting, especially if those gods were allied. Also, remember that in Pillars, priests get their power from their faith. It's not given to them by whatever god they worship and the gods can't take it away either.

• Like 2