Politics 2017 Part 3

Wrath of Dagon

I have vowed to uphold my country's constitution and I have now plans to break that vow.

not sure if I follow

It is unconstitutional in Finland to sent anybody back in situation where they most likely end up dead.

Still don't follow, how are you going to break it? (BTW you are in military?)

You know that Finland has universal male conscription, and everybody that does their constitutional service in our Defense Force vows to uphold Finland's constitution.

OK, we have abolished that years ago, still don't know how you are supposed to break it, so far it seems you were upholding it...

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The government has an obligation to take care of its citizens

The law is powerless to *help* you, not punish you — Clancy Wiggum

Good luck with your zero immigration idea, btw. The mafias will just up their game. Europe isn't Australia, but even they get illegal immigrants.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Not accepting refugees = "likely sending them to die"? Oh lordy. :lol:

Who decides which situations qualify for "forbids to sent anybody to situation where they most likely end up dead"?

People will get refugee status in Finland only if they are most likely to die if they are sent back to their country of origin.

Well people in Africa die on daily basis, are you going to move whole Africa to Finland? Or only the lucky one which have enough cash to actually reach Finland?

People die daily basis, but most Africans aren't in danger to die daily basis, so they don't qualify for refugee status and will be sent back to their country of origin. Only Somalia is country in Africa where Finland don't sent people back currently.

Oh yeah they do, that was my point. Are you sure you are going to send back central africans?

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/malnutrition/by-country/

Difficult to say because there isn't any to sent back, so there is no analyse what it means for people that are sent back there. Because all the analyzes are done case by case there isn't general rules. Although war zones and countries like Somalia that don't have stable government are nearly in every case seen too dangerous. Although we return people to Iraq as only parts of the country are considered dangerous, even though it is in state of war.

What are you talking about? There is tons of countries in Africa which are in war state. South Sudan for example is in war for years, now there is Famine crisis. Every second country in Africa is in constant turmoil...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/world/famine-officially-declared-in-south-sudan/2017/02/20/e9700f60-f76a-11e6-aa1e-5f735ee31334_video.html

https://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2017/Feb-20/394372-south-sudan-suffering-man-made-famine.ashx

But there is no asylum seekers from South Sudan in Finland, so I can't say what is the situation there really for people. Especially not when it comes to things like which parts of South Sudan are considered dangerous, what demographics are systemically persecuted on so on.  But usually big parts of African countries are safe for majority of their people to live and majority of their people don't even suffer from famine. Also we give billions of Euros to African countries that are suffering from famine so that they would be able to solve their crisis by themselves, meaning that we don't count famine in many case as reason for giving asylum for people, because we count that they can survive with aid that we and other countries give to their country, too bad for them if their government is corrupt and don't give that aid to them.

Not quite tonnes or every second country, it seems, but also out of date anyway

https://warisboring.com/these-are-the-wars-that-will-rage-in-africa-in-2016-aa3d792954d5#.7hybwd4yn

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have vowed to uphold my country's constitution and I have now plans to break that vow.

not sure if I follow

It is unconstitutional in Finland to sent anybody back in situation where they most likely end up dead.

You know that Finland has universal male conscription, and everybody that does their constitutional service in our Defense Force vows to uphold Finland's constitution.

OK, we have abolished that years ago, still don't know how you are supposed to break it, so far it seems you were upholding it...

"Well its your view. I for one would vouch for 40K people from Africa to go back with posibility to die than let anyone from my circle get raped. And I am not ashamed of it. Are you sure about your view on it?"

It was answer to this

So, the State of California has decided that since it's such a shame that a beach vacation is so expensive that the low income folks can't afford it, the State will help them out. A new bill has been introduced into the State Assembly to use the tax dollars of hard working folks to subsidize low cost beach vacations for the "poor". Wow What a great place to be poor huh? If you work for the city of San Francisco you can get a free sex change and a trip to the beach, all paid for by your fellow citizens. By the way, isn't there a dam failing in Oroville because they haven't been taking care of it? How's that going?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/beach-743100-beaches-people.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

not sure if I follow

"Well its your view. I for one would vouch for 40K people from Africa to go back with posibility to die than let anyone from my circle get raped. And I am not ashamed of it. Are you sure about your view on it?"

It was answer to this

I think you make a typo than:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It seems Trump wasn’t wrong. He just sees future:

http://www.thelocal.se/20170221/swedish-press-photographer-assaulted-in-rinkeby-riots

Trump is always right in the end. That is why he's the god-emperor.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Not quite tonnes or every second country, it seems, but also out of date anyway

https://warisboring.com/these-are-the-wars-that-will-rage-in-africa-in-2016-aa3d792954d5#.7hybwd4yn

so around 15 countries just in 2015 were in war out of what, 50? and its just one year, there is war every second year either :)

But there is no asylum seekers from South Sudan in Finland, so I can't say what is the situation there really for people. Especially not when it comes to things like which parts of South Sudan are considered dangerous, what demographics are systemically persecuted on so on.  But usually big parts of African countries are safe for majority of their people to live and majority of their people don't even suffer from famine. Also we give billions of Euros to African countries that are suffering from famine so that they would be able to solve their crisis by themselves, meaning that we don't count famine in many case as reason for giving asylum for people, because we count that they can survive with aid that we and other countries give to their country, too bad for them if their government is corrupt and don't give that aid to them.

Yeah pumping cash to already overgrowing yet starving population worked so far very well xD

Also I already mention that to get to EU from these parts of Africa require large amount of cash. That is why you don't have them in a doorway, but it seems it doesn't bother you as far as they are far away :)

Will have to check later but also the level of the conflict matters as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

not sure if I follow

It was answer to this

So in scenarios where I am either in position to sent 40k people to back in Africa where they are determined to face near certain death or somebody else is in sending them back, which in either cases would be against Finland's constitution, my stance is that I would uphold my country's constitution in best of my ability as I have vowed to do. To my answer it doesn't matter if best of my ability would be actually make decisions about subject or only just protest against decisions that other people are making, because not being against breaking our constitution regardless of fact is it me or somebody else that is breaking it would be against the vow that I have taken, so not to break said vow, it is my duty to be against such action. 

Did this broader answer help you understand my point or did it make it more difficult for you?

So in scenarios where I am either in position to sent 40k people to back in Africa where they are determined to face near certain death or somebody else is in sending them back, which in either cases would be against Finland's constitution, my stance is that I would uphold my country's constitution in best of my ability as I have vowed to do. To my answer it doesn't matter if best of my ability would be actually make decisions about subject or only just protest against decisions that other people are making, because not being against breaking our constitution regardless of fact is it me or somebody else that is breaking it would be against the vow that I have taken, so not to break said vow, it is my duty to be against such action. 

Did this broader answer help you understand my point or did it make it more difficult for you?

Jesus man I get it, but you probably is still unable to read that your sentence

Yeah pumping cash to already overgrowing yet starving population worked so far very well xD

Also I already mention that to get to EU from these parts of Africa require large amount of cash. That is why you don't have them in a doorway, but it seems it doesn't bother you as far as they are far away :)

Them not getting in Finland is different question than is it unconstitutional sent them back. There is no constitutional obligation to help people to come in Finland and seek asylum, but if they are here, we have constitutional obligation to make sure that we don't sent them to their death. It is not mater if something bothers me, but what is our constitution and obligations that it put over us.

I give every year over 20k Euros for different aid organization that help poor people in Africa and other parts of the world, if that kind information is important to you.

Jesus man I get it, but you probably is still unable to read that your sentence

Okay I see it has typo, no is now, okay I get it you got me okay

Them not getting in Finland is different question than is it unconstitutional sent them back. There is no constitutional obligation to help people to come in Finland and seek asylum, but if they are here, we have constitutional obligation to make sure that we don't sent them to their death. It is not mater if something bothers me, but what is our constitution and obligations that it put over us.

I give every year over 20k Euros for different aid organization that help poor people in Africa and other parts of the world, if that kind information is important to you.

that first part is pretty hypocritical if you ask me, but who am I to judge

that second, well if it makes you feel better, I don't earn that much in a year, but its hardly any worry for you :) - and no its not important for me

A new bill has been introduced into the State Assembly to use the tax dollars of hard working folks to subsidize low cost beach vacations for the "poor". Wow What a great place to be poor huh? If you work for the city of San Francisco you can get a free sex change and a trip to the beach, all paid for by your fellow citizens.

From what I read, the bill aims to develop new and maintain already existing low-cost lodgings, not "subsidize vacations for the poor". Looks to me that you could benefit from that yourself, if you wanted to, but I could be wrong. A band-aid at best, as far as addressing wealth inequality is concerned.

And the Oroville Dam seems to have failed because of cavitation-related damage which wasn't considered when it was designed ~50 years ago, not because of the international left's conspiracy to sap and impurify all of your precious bodily fluids. Wiki also says the 2005 request to reinforce the emergency spillway was turned down by Federal authorities, not commies in the Cali assembly.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

A new bill has been introduced into the State Assembly to use the tax dollars of hard working folks to subsidize low cost beach vacations for the "poor". Wow What a great place to be poor huh? If you work for the city of San Francisco you can get a free sex change and a trip to the beach, all paid for by your fellow citizens.

From what I read, the bill aims to develop new and maintain already existing low-cost lodgings, not "subsidize vacations for the poor". Looks to me that you could benefit from that yourself, if you wanted to, but I could be wrong. A band-aid at best, as far as addressing wealth inequality is concerned.

And the Oroville Dam seems to have failed because of cavitation-related damage which wasn't considered when it was designed ~50 years ago, not because of the international left's conspiracy to sap and impurify all of your precious bodily fluids. Wiki also says the 2005 request to reinforce the emergency spillway was turned down by Federal authorities, not commies in the Cali assembly.

Dr_1720a4_5535923.jpg

Edited by Chilloutman

Will have to check later but also the level of the conflict matters as well.

here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Africa

just last few years:

21st Century
2001–present War on Terrorism
1997–present Islamic Terrorism in Egypt
2002–present Islamic insurgency in the Maghreb
2002–present Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn of Africa
2006 Rise of the Islamic Courts Union
2006–2009 Ethiopian War in Somalia
2007–present Operation Enduring Freedom - Trans Sahara
2009–present Islamist civil war in Somalia
2009 2009 Nigerian sectarian violence
2001–2003 Central African Republic civil war
2002–2003 Ivorian Civil War
2003–present War in Darfur
2004 French–Ivorian clashes
2004–present Conflict in the Niger Delta
2004–2007 Central African Republic Bush War
2004–present Kivu conflict
2005–2010 Chadian Civil War
2005–2008 Mount Elgon insurgency
2007–2009 Second Tuareg Rebellion
2007–2008 Kenyan crisis
2008 Invasion of Anjouan
2008 Djiboutian–Eritrean border conflict
2009 Sudan airstrikes
2011 Second Ivorian Civil War
2011 Libyan Civil War
2012 Tuareg rebellion
2014 Second Libyan Civil War
Edited by Chilloutman

Well ongoing ones. Am on mobile so is pain in rear with my eyes :p

Probably figure all ongoing ones aren't low level insurgencies though.

From what I read, Cali authorities were against the 2005 request because they didn't want to pay for it, and the feds went along.

Interesting graphic:

Screen-Shot-2017-02-20-at-8.49.20-PM-442

Edit: lol https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/833834425653788672

Edit2: Note to Swedish government, this is how you handle headscarfs: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-election-lepen-idUSKBN1600R6

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well ongoing ones. Am on mobile so is pain in rear with my eyes :p

Probably figure all ongoing ones aren't low level insurgencies though.

yeah low level insurgencies can't be probably even counted there

Kind of funny to read that from Cheong.

Not sure there are so many as to not be able to be counted. Is tempting to think of Africa as some sort of nightmarish land of war, but that belies reality I feel :p

Edited by Malcador