Politics 2017 Part 3

Wrath of Dagon

lol, the swedes on the board are so swedish that it hurts. There's no swedish people, no swedish culture and blondes will diminish, but not because sweden is becoming less swedish. 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

lol, the swedes on the board are so swedish that it hurts. There's no swedish people, no swedish culture and blondes will diminish, but not because sweden is becoming less swedish. 

I do understand your concern for the cultural future of your country, I share some of your anxiety. This is why i want to see how things develop in Sweden

I believe the Swedish " culture " will still survive in  a slightly modified way  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It is over 1000 years long tradition to import new people in Sweden, meaning that is their culture. They import people and ideas from other cultures and then say that they are theirs. They have done it from dawn of the time ;)

• Like 1

Sometimes against their will even.

Or don't you agree Finns? =P

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Haha, like a clock. Thanks everyone!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Some Swedish women are smokin' hot brunettes wearing hijab.

Yeah, but dark haired women are a dime a dozen. I wonder what genetic mix produces a platinum blonde?

dedbf248f0d6bac15f7d7655acd0f223.jpg

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Pruitt confirmed to head EPA, environmentalists throw themselves into windmills.

Well he is a disappointing pick for them. Will have to look up what kind of questions he was asked, might be amusing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I listened to this podcast on the way to work. I find myself agreeing with most of what he is saying.

http://www.dancarlin.com/common-sense-home-landing-page/

Is it hardcore common sense though?

I haven't listened to the Hardcore History podcast yet, so I feel unequipped to answer the question.  :p

GAbVEBt.png

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Trump yells at CIA director over reports intel officials are keeping info from him

On Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal had reported that U.S. intelligence officials have kept information from Mr. Trump because they feared it could be leaked or compromised.

Seems to fall in line with a theory I developed that Trump's inexperience with national security and intelligence matters could lead to severe missteps in these fields. Another example was when Reagan played the tape of that Su-15 pilot's communications with his GCI's when he shot down KAL 007, to which the NSA expressed some consternation with the president since it revealed to the Soviet PVO the extent their communications were compromised.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Swedes are notorious for dismissing any opposing voices. Just a week ago a policeman that is about to retire raised a national ruckus on Facebook by saying that almost every crime he worked on was done by someone from a muslim country. If it was just a meaningless rant the whole country wouldn't have jumped on the statement like it was a godsend (or a crime worthy of capital punishment). He got a truckload of flowers merely for daring to speak out.

The basic narrative is always the same: there are some problems, but its all good. To imply otherwise is to be a racist. Meanwhile 30+ no go zones, Malmo etc. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I read volume 2 of My Struggle by Knausgård recently (A Norwegian author who lived in Sweden and wrote about it), and he says pretty much the same. He calls Swedes "cyclops" - and that they can't handle ambiguity and that some people see things differently.

Edit: Just to be clear, not saying I necessarily agree

Edited by Thingolfin

I really don't know if you're being serious or not, but there are no such things as no-go zones in Sweden.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I really don't know if you're being serious or not, but there are no such things as no-go zones in Sweden.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/641223/Swedish-police-being-ATTACKED-as-they-struggle-in-NO-GO-ZONES-as-migrant-crime-rockets

It really depends on how you define them. But if it was a known quantity (that immigrant neighbourhoods are rife with crime) before the current immigrant crisis, its a damning indictment of those who proceeded with the pro-immigration policy and thereby added to the problem.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/641223/Swedish-police-being-ATTACKED-as-they-struggle-in-NO-GO-ZONES-as-migrant-crime-rockets

It really depends on how you define them. But if it was a known quantity (that immigrant neighbourhoods are rife with crime) before the current immigrant crisis, its a damning indictment of those who proceeded with the pro-immigration policy and thereby added to the problem.

Yes, we put too many immigrants in the same neighbourhoods, that we do. Because people in the richer areas whinge to much about their houseprices dropping if there would be immigrants nearby. I **** you not.

And yes, we do need more police officers, but that has been the case for many years.

Really interesting garbage article though, citing secret police reports and not linking to any sources. (Too be fair, there could've been but that page crashed 3 different scripts and locked up my browser and forced me to rewrite this)

We do have 50-ish different areas in Sweden with higher crimerates than average though, that much is true, but they're not nogo zones.

Does it happen that people throw stones at copcars? Yes. Is it common? No.

And I can't for the life of me figure out why they linked to the murders in Trollhättan wich was commited by a white supremacist.

Yes, we put too many immigrants in the same neighbourhoods, that we do. Because people in the richer areas whinge to much about their houseprices dropping if there would be immigrants nearby. I **** you not.

And yes, we do need more police officers, but that has been the case for many years.

Really interesting garbage article though, citing secret police reports and not linking to any sources. (Too be fair, there could've been but that page crashed 3 different scripts and locked up my browser and forced me to rewrite this)

We do have 50-ish different areas in Sweden with higher crimerates than average though, that much is true, but they're not nogo zones.

Does it happen that people throw stones at copcars? Yes. Is it common? No.

And I can't for the life of me figure out why they linked to the murders in Trollhättan wich was commited by a white supremacist.

That British tabloids are garbage is no news, but that is besides the point. The point is that the government cannot afford to link muslim immigration to criminality because that would imply a failure of its policy. They go to extreme lengths to hide it - you may remember the suppressed reporting scandal post massive sexual harrassment at a concert. When the reporter was told it was all Afghanis or other muslim immigrants they simply ignored the information. Then it blew up in their face when the coverup was discovered.

There is a pattern of denial that I find astonishing, because, fundamentally - there is no reason for Sweden to engage in any of this. Immense wealth, some population problems that should be worked on but otherwise a beautiful, stable, well-organized country.  Clearly the right policies are:

a) engage in tight border and immigration control and cherry pick migrants according to specific needs a la Australia

b) maintain what you have as long as possible by avoiding needless waste (aka social experiments)

c) fix depopulation problem so as to remove need for immigration by monetary stimulus and work on changing societal perceptions of marriage/relationships to perpetuate your own nation

I find these so self explanatory in Sweden's position that I don't even need to justify them. 

Yet the ruling class has taken it upon itself to re-engineer it to fit an ideological project of "progressive humanism", progressively taking an axe to what has taken several generations to build. 

I think its fascinating. To me its like science fiction, unexplainable - behavior so contrary to human nature and self-destructive that it might as well be done by alien invaders.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

That British tabloids are garbage is no news, but that is besides the point. The point is that the government cannot afford to link muslim immigration to criminality because that would imply a failure of its policy. They go to extreme lengths to hide it - you may remember the suppressed reporting scandal post massive sexual harrassment at a concert. When the reporter was told it was all Afghanis or other muslim immigrants they simply ignored the information. Then it blew up in their face when the coverup was discovered.

There is a pattern of denial that I find astonishing, because, fundamentally - there is no reason for Sweden to engage in any of this. Immense wealth, some population problems that should be worked on but otherwise a beautiful, stable, well-organized country.  Clearly the right policies are:

a) engage in tight border and immigration control and cherry pick migrants according to specific needs a la Australia

b) maintain what you have as long as possible by avoiding needless waste (aka social experiments)

c) fix depopulation problem so as to remove need for immigration by monetary stimulus and work on changing societal perceptions of marriage/relationships to perpetuate your own nation

I find these so self explanatory in Sweden's position that I don't even need to justify them. 

Yet the ruling class has taken it upon itself to re-engineer it to fit an ideological project of "progressive humanism", progressively taking an axe to what has taken several generations to build. 

I think its fascinating. To me its like science fiction, unexplainable - behavior so contrary to human nature and self-destructive that it might as well be done by alien invaders.

The police tried to hide that, shameful, but that wasn't done by the government.

A) No, that would heinous acts against humanity. Their needs should be determined on their own grounds not what we need.

B) Yeah, we do waste some money on "social experiments" as you call it, and some of them are wastes such as that camelpark and horse and goatmilk project.

C) ****. No. The fact that we have low childbirth rates is a sign of our wealth and our equality, in your view we should encourage women to be breeding stock wich is as ass backwards as it gets.

It's taken us decades of hard work to get to where we are now, they're a result of our hard work with labour and equality that we have done. What you are suggesting is that we take that proverbial axe towards everything we've worked for.