Easy enough without potions. Dual wielding, any ability that speeds you up (Frenzy, Swift Aim, Swift Strikes, Alacrity, Time Siphon) and speed enchantment or durgan steel plus Gauntlets of Swift Action and you're already under 0 recovery.

Although with potions it's a lot easier of course. And you don't necessarily have to consume potions of Alacrity. THere's also the potion of power which is much much cheaper and also speeds you up. Or even Svef. ;)

That's zero recovery without armour I assume? I like wearing armour, not particularly for its DR so much as the aesthetics. As we all know, aesthetics are at least as important as performance!

Also adventurers say "no!" to Svef!

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 1

For my cipher, I have thought of 3 combinations, all with zero recovery and the same weapon animation speed.

1) Blade of the Endless Path  (highest damage, even without additional DR Bypass)

1.5 (alacrity or time-parasite) x 1.15 (durgan) x 1.2 (speed enchant)  = 2.07  (padded armor)

2) Strike Hard and shield  (highest defense)

1.5 (alacrity or time-parasite) x 1.15 (durgan) x 1.2 (speed enchant) + 1.15 (shield durgan) = 2.22  (scale armor, or robe and vulnerable attack)

3) Dual Speed Weapons  (middle ground)

1.5 (alacrity or time-parasite) x 1.15 (durgan) x 1.2 (speed enchant) x 1.2 (speed enchant) x 1.15 (durgan) = 2.85  (plate armor and vulnerable attack and recovery to spare)

With gauntlets of swift action, you can actually do vulnerable attack with all three styles, or use wear heavier armor

Edited by Braven

• 1 month later...

Does Sundering Blow stack with other Dmg reduction reducing effects like scalebreaker?

A little off topic: Is upscaled high lvl content (base difficulty hard) identical to Path of the Damned?

Don't quote me on this, but I think debuffs on enemies work the same as buffs to your party.

So, for example, if your priest casts armour of faith on your dudes (+4 General DR) and then a Druid casts Form of the Delemgan (+8 to specific types of DR), you'll get +12 DR against the the specific types that Delemgan protects against and +4 to everything else.

Sundering Blow is -8 to general damage reduction on the enemy as a debuff so if you wanted to stack it with something else it'd have to be a debuff that reduces DR of a specific type. I think scalebreaker reduces general DR.

Edited by Livegood118

A little off topic: Is upscaled high lvl content (base difficulty hard) identical to Path of the Damned?

Nope.

PotD: increases enemy accuracy and defenses by 15; it increases their endurance by 25%; adds more enemies, and substitutes some of them with a more powerful version (e.g. ooze -> greater ooze)

Upscaled content: increases enemy level by 3 (this indirectly results in +9 acc/defenses), and additionally iirc it adds +2 to their stats.

Easy enough without potions. Dual wielding, any ability that speeds you up (Frenzy, Swift Aim, Swift Strikes, Alacrity, Time Siphon) and speed enchantment or durgan steel plus Gauntlets of Swift Action and you're already under 0 recovery.

Although with potions it's a lot easier of course. And you don't necessarily have to consume potions of Alacrity. THere's also the potion of power which is much much cheaper and also speeds you up. Or even Svef...

Question about talents/abilities in general.

When you trigger Frenzy how long of a wait is it? Or better yet... how long does it delay you when initially triggered at combat start? I was thinking when I trigger Frenzy everyone is rushing forward while I'm standing still. How many attacks am I losing. Those initial attacks can be huge if you are using weapons that include CC effects.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Frenzy is one of the abilities that strongly encourages next 0 to ability recovery .  At 50 recovery (plate) you will lose a lot of the buff's duration waiting out the recovery for its activation. It also makes it hard to time the activation right (so you can attack with the bonus exactly when the enemies reach the barb ). 

Gulping DAOM before activating frenzy should eliminate frenzy's activation recovery completely ? 

EDIT: of course the speed bonus is suppressed :) .  

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Because then the long recovery from casting Frenzy (which takes away dps and duration of frenzy) will be much shorter. Drinking a potion causes no recovery. I think that was the point.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods