Sking

Question

[update 5: 10/17] Bugs to fix before release 'wishlist';

- Sul attacking her own pride during 'The Old Queen and the New King'

- Cliant Lis traps not functioning

- The Unlabored Blade Firebug proc not functioning

- Fighter, Clear Out causing Blights to stop attacking

- Breath VFX originating from adventurers hand

- Paladin, Flames of Devotion becomes unusable after party AI uses it with ranged weapon

- Tooltip for Sabre +20% is missing item mod 468

- Chanter, One Dozen Stood... phrase not reducing Frightened and Terrified

- Nyry the Deft Hand not granting Cape of the Cheat to base game

- Characters sometimes being stuck in Elmshore adra pillar

Note: These are the issues we want to hit before pushing the 3.04 patch live. Anything serious found will/can be added to this list until the release. Let me know!

• Like 2

13 answers to this question

Hey Sking,

any chance this can make the list?

Even though that specific thread relates to Tanglefoot, the issue is general and more examples are linked in that very thread. Imho it is currently the biggest bug in the game.

This is also a bigger deal than some of the items on the wishlist in my opinion; would be great if it could be addressed.

By the way, is any rebalancing planned based on the feedback on underwhelming encounters that was given in the other thread?

Kudos to the team for all the hard work you put into the game thus far, and more so for working on the 3.04 update :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That Tanglefoot/Envenomed Strike issue is a global issue that will pop its ugly head up every now and then. The fix would be too expensive at this point. This is 'the one that got away' for me. Really wish we could have got this fix.

Sad days :(

- Sking

• Like 2

Shame about the bug but, as always, I appreciate your honest feedback :)

EDIT: What about the other bug I linked? Any hope for that one?

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Apologies for harping on about it, but I still think the Stun on crit durations on weapons should be fixed - currently it is way too easy to keep an enemy stunned with such a weapon (e.g. you can do it with 18 Int, 10 Dex and in full plate, without any other speed modifiers). This has quite a large impact from Barbarians using such a weapon, but really any tanky build with decent positioning can abuse it to stun lock enemies indefinitely - killing them more or less one by one. Stun naturally provides more crits due to the deflection debuff, so after the first crit keeping the effect up isn't exactly hard.

Loren Tyr did mention a coding fix that sounds easy enough to implement, so it shouldn't be a costly change.

EDIT: Ninja'd by AndreaColombo, didn't realise that was the "this" he was talking about as I didn't follow the link.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

Great news!!

May I bring this to your attention too, just in case? Should it turn out to be a quick fix, all the more awesome :)

Sking, do you happen to have a bug in your database about the Wolf spiritshift form not granting the +1 to Move Speed it is supposed to? If yes, any chance it makes it in? If not, shall I provide a repro case or rather not waste time on it because priority/resources?

@Sking

I've just confirmed the bug mentioned here, whereby the Kraken's DR is actually zero in combat.

This is on a 3.03 game.

Here's a saved game right before the Kraken fight, so you can verify this by yourself: LINK.

As was mentioned by many in the feedback thread, the Kraken fight is rather underwhelming and easy. We need at least the proper DR value to apply (although I'm still hoping for some rebalancing on Kraken, Thaos, and Sky Dragon based on the feedback thread.) Could you put this on the wishlist? Pretty please? :)

• Like 1

@Sking

I've just confirmed the bug mentioned here, whereby the Kraken's DR is actually zero in combat.

This is on a 3.03 game.

Here's a saved game right before the Kraken fight, so you can verify this by yourself: LINK.

As was mentioned by many in the feedback thread, the Kraken fight is rather underwhelming and easy. We need at least the proper DR value to apply (although I'm still hoping for some rebalancing on Kraken, Thaos, and Sky Dragon based on the feedback thread.) Could you put this on the wishlist? Pretty please? :)

Oh man... Wish I would have seen this yesterday. :(. We are currently updating the Beta as I type. We'll try and get a fix before the beta is switched to the live patch.

Bags and bags of frowny faces

- Sking

• Like 1

@Sking

This is on a 3.03 game.

Oh man... Wish I would have seen this yesterday. :(. We are currently updating the Beta as I type. We'll try and get a fix before the beta is switched to the live patch.

Bags and bags of frowny faces

- Sking

Hopefully it won't involve another 1GB update. Can't you all please spread out the game data across more individual files so that updates don't need to be so... massive each time!? At least for Pillar's of Eternity 2.

Edited by Nicholas Steel

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

Speaking of damage reduction bugs, I'm going to tell you a sad short story about greater black oozes, disease puddings and swamp slimes.

What makes a monster memorable? It needs to have visual interestingness (the above mentioned trio has it in spades IMO) and passive properties that set it apart, such as unique on-hit effects and affliction resistances. The idea was to make this trio unique by modifying the minimum damage that goes through, which is 20% for all creatures. I really like this idea because it would've made these monstrous slimes appropriately challenging and also because it's a perfectly fitting property for them to have.

Unfortunately, it was misunderstood what "DamageMinBonus" means and their damage reduction was annihilated. Perhaps it wouldn't be too expensive to at least change this value from 10 to 0 (if -10 is not a possibility).

It's also regrettable that the buggy interaction between pulsing AoE spells and various abilities/items hasn't been given higher priority; so many bug combos in this one that can drastically change combat encounters.

Probably not the kind of thing you're going to have time to fix now, but Liberating Exhortation completely stops Deep Wounds on all enemies until you rest - meaning any encounter where you face a Paladin you'll find Deep Wounds to be pretty much worthless (link). Still, it could be a trivial fix, I know that with things like Flanking they are checked for again so Liberating Exhortation only works to stop Flanking for so long - maybe something similar could be attempted for Deep Wounds.

• Like 1