The 3.04 Beta is Now Live ; Patch Notes Within

You're confusing boons with high-level deity-specific spells there :)

No, I'm not... As I recall, the priests boons (but skaen) give access to a low level spell, once per rest. Berath to a lesser corrosive siphon, Magran to a burst of flame and so on. And wael has "only" lesser dazzling lights, which I find somewhat underwhelming. So I'd like to see that spell switched for either a stronger similar spell (bewildering spectacle or miasma) or replace through wizard double (as it enables interesting builds).

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Boons are gained in Act III in Teir Evron after committing to a god's plan for the souls you'll be freeing after defeating Thaos. They give +1 to an attribute and, IIRC, a bonus to a skill.

Wael's boon would be gained in Act IV in Sun in Shadows where he manifests to you and proposes his plan; however, there is no dialog option to commit to it and therefore gain his boon (which exists in the game's resources and grants +1 INT if memory serves.)

Skaen's boon is also gained in Act IV after defeating Thaos. That you can actually get it despite its being useless because the game is over is a nice touch of reactivity, imo.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

oops.. you are obviously right... so sorry... that means endless shame i guess ;) ... at some point i just started torefer to the talents as boons i guess :facepalm:

But... Might be interesting anyway [edits original post, Lenin style hoping that this will be forgotten soon ;) ]

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows