The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

uqTTUfj.jpg

Interestingly enough Pence went off message from Trump and thought Assad's force (or what's left of them) shouldn't miss out on the JDAM fun.

http://www.thewrap.com/cnn-instant-poll-hands-debate-victory-to-mike-pence-over-tim-kaine/

So the general consensus is Pence won the debate over Kaine. This doesn't change people's view on who to vote for in the presidential debate as it applies to VP only 

How many people actually vote for a VP candidate instead of Voting for a Prez-VP ticket?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's not so much about who "won" but more about how the debate gets analyzed. From what I understand one of the reasons Pence "won" is that he was decidedly Untrumpian and even said things that are opposite to what Trump has said before. The main example I saw was the subject of Russia and Putin, where Pence had no problems criticizing Putin and the situation with Crimea.

This would be taken to heart in a positive way by Trump if he was an intelligent human. Instead I'd wager that he'll feel like doubling down on his Trumpiness will be the response. Like that tweet seems to indicate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOWItkanDs

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I would likely have voted for McCain if it weren't for Palin, so the VP can change votes.  Although props should be given to the Obama camp for running a very positive campaign that made it easy to jump ship.  Ah, the good old days when we had two candidates that I liked.  

• Like 1

DOJ makes another politicized decision not to prosecute: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/marc-turi-libyan-rebels-hillary-clinton-229115

Stalinist persecution of Dilbert - Scott Adams claims the Clintons are going after him : http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151301555066/the-week-i-became-a-target

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I would likely have voted for McCain if it weren't for Palin, so the VP can change votes.  Although props should be given to the Obama camp for running a very positive campaign that made it easy to jump ship.  Ah, the good old days when we had two candidates that I liked.  

Palin was an exceptionally bad VP candidate, though. Pence and Kaine are, on their respective sides, safe, middle of the road guys.

Heja Sverige!!

Stalinist persecution of Dilbert - Scott Adams claims the Clintons are going after him : http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151301555066/the-week-i-became-a-target

He also claimed that the "theory of evolution is going to be debunked in our lifetimes" and that he "invented a new theory of gravity that is equivalent to Newton's".

The days when anything Scott Adams says could be taken seriously are sadly gone by.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

He was making a philosophical point, not so different from people saying we probably live in computer simulation: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/143217546751/science-proves-science-is-an-illusion

dbb.jpg

:lol:  that made me laugh

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We live in an age where a syndicated comic author makes better predictions than all the major media.

Fun times.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

He was making a philosophical point, not so different from people saying we probably live in computer simulation: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/143217546751/science-proves-science-is-an-illusion

wod actually used joshua goldberg as a source.  he used goldberg as a source After goldberg were revealed to be an internet troll, and basement dwelling schizophrenic. how can any o' his sources surprise?

and am admitting at this point we got no idea what wod means by stalinist, 'cause it don't correspond with any definition we ever learned... lord knows we is baffled by his notion o' what constitutes a stalinist purge.

honest, wod responses is stuff we could not invent.  

regardless, as we noted earlier, now that folks has given wod a hard time 'bout his stalinist misconceptions, he is gonna work stalinism into most o' his posts for the next week.  is a pattern.  we got a certain morbid curiosity 'bout how long we can keep wod barking out stalinist non-examples, but is already beginning to appear sad rather than funny.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm not sure why, but a certain epic thread about the likelihood of a very improbable event ever happening just showed up among my memories.

Heja Sverige!!

wod actually used joshua goldberg as a source.  he used goldberg as a source After goldberg were revealed to be an internet troll, and basement dwelling schizophrenic. how can any o' his sources surprise?

I already explained that I didn't know that when I linked the article. Your continuing to carp on that only shows your level of immaturity.

Edit: People afraid to speak their minds on Stalinist campuses: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/10/04/afraid-to-speak-up-in-the-era-of-trigger-warnings-a-tenured-professor-stays-silent/?postshare=8661475684224224&tid=ss_fb

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I went to Subway and they were out of Flatbread. Stalinists at it again forcing me to eat my subs on wheat.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8ET53ab7E

- My wife's son

- Alt-right

- Sexist, racist, white nationalist

- Bane

- Sam Hyde

- Pepe

- Ben "Zyklon Ben" Garrison

The guy's face is priceless.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You're not really being funny.

Funnel is a Stalinist plot to blind with laughter. I'm glad you and Goldberg aren't falling for it.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

WOD  you cant take it seriously, I have been subjected to similar jokes 

If you believe you are right about something then just link it and if people dont believe you thats there choice. But dont get annoyed by people disputing what you say or teasing you 

Its just examples of forum badinage ....its to be expected :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well its certainly true that the usual suspect will drive a conversation into the ground. :shrugz:

And you misspelled "funny". Look, now Im a grammar NAZI! Dur hurr. :lol:

Dont you think we first need to define what " drive a conversation into the ground "  means?

:teehee:

John Milton 

Well its certainly true that the usual suspect will drive a conversation into the ground. :shrugz:

And you misspelled "funny". Look, now Im a grammar NAZI! Dur hurr. :lol:

Grammar is a SJW Nazi Stalinist plot to install automatic spellcheck that censors anyone who isn't a SJW Nazi Stalinist.

• Like 1

WOD  you cant take it seriously, I have been subjected to similar jokes 

If you believe you are right about something then just link it and if people dont believe you thats there choice. But dont get annoyed by people disputing what you say or teasing you 

Its just examples of forum badinage ....its to be expected :)

I wasn't annoyed, I just pointed out he was being tiresome with his lame jokes. Also spam is against forum rules, but that's up to the mods.

I already explained that I didn't know that when I linked the article. Your continuing to carp on that only shows your level of immaturity.

Edit: People afraid to speak their minds on Stalinist campuses: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/10/04/afraid-to-speak-up-in-the-era-of-trigger-warnings-a-tenured-professor-stays-silent/?postshare=8661475684224224&tid=ss_fb

again, the fact that you didn't bother to check on the source o' an obvious bat crap crazy article is part o' the problem.  we had no idea who were joshua goldberg 'til we read the article and were struck by absence o' logic or reason o' your linked source.  we checked.  you didn't.  is a trend.  your level o' immaturity is revealed 'cause you ain't learning from your mistakes, as is evident from aluminium's subsequent observations 'bout your sources. 

just as you didn't learn to actual read linked material or check your sources, you ain't learned 'bout your pattern.  immature.  you is gonna keep posting non-stalinist examples as long as somebody points out that you post non-stalinist examples when prodded. however, we will concede that we is being immature... but not 'bout goldberg.  you still don't recognize your mistake on that point. your immaturity is gonna result in more joshua goldbergs. nope, am admitting that our prodding o' your reflex is immature.  if we witnessed a child pulling a dumb animal's tail just to see the beast freak out, we would feel bad for the animal and we would admonish the child.  nevertheless, here we are. it is, as we already observed, sad.  

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)