The US Election 2016, Part VII

Pidesco

Trudeau seems to have potential, maybe?

Dont you think its odd our American friends cant think of any world leaders they admire? 

And they being serious 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I dunno, I kind of like Putin. I may not agree with his policies but he does not give one damn about what anyone else thinks of him, and thats a dying art imo. He actually has the fortitude to get stuff done while most others kowtow around every subject. I respect the Chinese for much the same reason.

• Like 1

Actually the question was name a world leader you respect. I think that would be a pretty short list for most of us.

For me that Turnbull guy in Australia seems a good sort. But Australia minds it's own business and doesn't bother anyone for the most part.   

Come on? You honestly cant name a leader you respect....I can mention many leaders I know you would respect ?

I did. Didn't you read what I wrote?

Oh sorry, I assumed you were joking as  I meant to say Turnbull doesn't count because everyone knows Australia isn't really a fair representation of a  normal country because of how the original immigrants  to Oz were criminals and how they massacred the aborigines plus the Australians send all there new arrivals to a island hell hole where sexual abuse is rampant 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/11/489659844/australias-immigration-minister-plays-down-claims-of-abuse-on-refugee-island

Are you f-----g serious? Do you honestly believe anyone alive in Australia today is in any way responsible for acts done before their grandparents were even born? By that logic YOU bear culpability for apartheid even though it was instituted long before you were born and you opposed it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I dunno, I kind of like Putin. I may not agree with his policies but he does not give one damn about what anyone else thinks of him, and thats a dying art imo. He actually has the fortitude to get stuff done while most others kowtow around every subject. I respect the Chinese for much the same reason.

I dont  believe this post for one second ....why would you think a guy who resents everything the USA stands for is someone to be admired ? Remember you and I believe Prism has a purpose  :yes:

You mustn't dwell on what Enoch said, he is right but perhaps he was a bit harsh with you because you are honest about many things on similar topics. I find that most guys dont even realize about the whole subconscious sexism they may demonstrate and it should  be explained to them diplomatically  before telling them on a forum as normally people get offended 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually the question was name a world leader you respect. I think that would be a pretty short list for most of us.

For me that Turnbull guy in Australia seems a good sort. But Australia minds it's own business and doesn't bother anyone for the most part.   

Come on? You honestly cant name a leader you respect....I can mention many leaders I know you would respect ?

Oh sorry, I assumed you were joking as  I meant to say Turnbull doesn't count because everyone knows Australia isn't really a fair representation of a  normal country because of how the original immigrants  to Oz were criminals and how they massacred the aborigines plus the Australians send all there new arrivals to a island hell hole where sexual abuse is rampant 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/11/489659844/australias-immigration-minister-plays-down-claims-of-abuse-on-refugee-island

Are you f-----g serious? Do you honestly believe anyone alive in Australia today is in any way responsible for acts done before their grandparents were even born? By that logic YOU bear culpability for apartheid even though it was instituted long before you were born and you opposed it.

Yeah I'm joking about everything except the island ....thats true and a disgrace  8)

John Milton 

That kind of not giving a damn comes from being the leader of a place that's not a democracy where he can oppress and kill more or less anyone who bothers him. It's akin to admiring Pol Pot for his dogged determination.

• Like 3

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

war of modders!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Trudeau seems to have potential, maybe?

Dont you think its odd our American friends cant think of any world leaders they admire? 

And they being serious 

And who would you suggest? I know how much you love Barack Obama, although it is a sentiment I don't share and cannot explain because to love of human freedom does not abide within that man. Merkel is presiding over the destruction of her own country. Crimes by refugees against German citizens are either suppressed or ignored. She certainly deserves no respect. Hollande was quick to trot out martial law after terrorists acts and is making things in Mali worse with French military interventions. And he is another one ignoring the bad acts of refugees until the started killing French citizens large scale. Putin? No. Mariano Rajoy of Spain started out good but now it looks like he's been taking bribes. Justin Trudeau is new and even the Canadians on this board don't take him seriously. Erodogan in Turkey STARTED that coup a few months ago as a pretext to seize power. Of course there are 212 nations in the world so it stands to reason they are not ALL led by villains and rogues. But those kinds of people are attracted to politics. That is why the list is short

I imagine two leaders you might admire are Raul Castro and Kim Jong Un. After all they agree with you that people who say the wrong things deserve to go to prison.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Didn't Trudeau save someone's life recently?  I thought about him, but I can't say I have much to go on other than him seeming charismatic. 

But really, it's difficult to look at current leaders and say they are great.  Usually it takes a decade or so to reflect on what they really accomplished, unless they've been in an extraordinary situation.  Fox, for example, was.  It was pretty much a miracle that he ended up in office.  

I dont  believe this post for one second ....why would you think a guy who resents everything the USA stands for is someone to be admired ? Remember you and I believe Prism has a purpose  :yes:

You mustn't dwell on what Enoch said, he is right but perhaps he was a bit harsh with you because you are honest about many things on similar topics. I find that most guys dont even realize about the whole subconscious sexism they may demonstrate and it should  be explained to them diplomatically  before telling them on a forum as normally people get offended

Que? I usually don't respond to you because, well, this^, but what are you talking about? I'm going to have to ask you for a minimum of comprehension, ok? As I stated, I admire their ability to get things done instead of the BS methods employed in the US. EVERY SINGLE TOPIC becomes diluted with screeching harpies and 10 years of litigation. Honestly, I wish the "people" had less of a voice around here. We might actually accomplish something, god forbid. And how does Enoch blowing his o-ring over bias confirmed (see how I can work in random social crapola too) sexism have anything to do with it?

That kind of not giving a damn comes from being the leader of a place that's not a democracy where he can oppress and kill more or less anyone who bothers him. It's akin to admiring Pol Pot for his dogged determination.

I never realized how similar our views are on certain people and social dynamics, I dont expect people to just agree with me especially on this forum but my view is not unreasonable if you think about the whole Trump fiasco. But it is always nice when other people make points like your own  :thumbsup:

I have never noticed you agreeing with me on any topic I make about Russia or Putin ....I think Sweden should be admired yet there is real criticism towards your country from some members and I always think its unfair. Sweden tries and often succeeds to do the right thing but it would be weird for me to defend Sweden 

John Milton 

Yeah I'm joking about everything except the island ....thats true and a disgrace  8)

Gotcha.

Thomas Sowell

Que? I usually don't respond to you because, well, this^, but what are you talking about? I'm going to have to ask you for a minimum of comprehension, ok? As I stated, I admire their ability to get things done instead of the BS methods employed in the US. EVERY SINGLE TOPIC becomes diluted with screeching harpies and 10 years of litigation. Honestly, I wish the "people" had less of a voice around here. We might actually accomplish something, god forbid. And how does Enoch blowing his o-ring over bias confirmed (see how I can work in random social crapola too) sexism have anything to do with it?

Oh sorry my bad, I thought this post was your way of being intentionally controversial......any American honestly admitting they admire  Putin i assume is someone trolling because Russia is so insecure and distrustful of anything Western 

I have mentioned this before but I have a semi-photographic memory but I always forget that sometimes people forget what they have told me especially when we go back a year or so and that person thinks I'm odd or weird or inconsistent  :biggrin:

You and I have had several debates, I assumed you were being serious but end of the day I cant tell who is being real or not on this forum....personally I dont think it matters 

For example 

• I have mentioned Prism should be modified to improve US domestic security and you agreed 
  • We discussed the whole " is Turkey openly helping ISIS " by sending trucks 
  • You have an issue with certain double standards some SJ views seem to perpetuate 
  • You have been to strip clubs 
  • You have defended me when I got annoyed by people saying " Thats it....I'm not talking to BruceVC anymore "  :grin: This forum has some real drama queens ....sorry to admit it but I'm really not that bad. As I keep saying all someone has to say is  " please dont talk to me and I wont " 

But I like you, i have always found you to be consistent on many topics ..... 8)

John Milton 

"Trudeau seems to have potential, maybe?"

Only if you think elbowing women is A-Okay. or telling entire provinces in the country he  is supposed to be leader of that they don't matter is some good leadership skillz.

LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well I don't remember the Turkey thing but the rest sounds right. After the first sentence of post #564, the rest is a soup of unrelated random comments. Hence my confusion.

Yes, I am aware you dont always remember our chats. Its normal for me but you did apologize when I got annoyed when you were dismissive when I explained why the so called evidence of Turkey helping ISIS wasn't true ...and I admire someone who can apologize to someone who they dont particularly " like " or understand 

"Trudeau seems to have potential, maybe?"

Only if you think elbowing women is A-Okay. or telling entire provinces in the country he  is supposed to be leader of that they don't matter is some good leadership skillz.

LMAO

Volo again it seems like I'm the only person who cares what you post sometimes ...so please dont think I'm being rude. I am genuinely concerned about the impression you create  

How can you make a post like this about your own PM? It would be different if what you said has some truth to it but I doubt anyone on this forum will agree with you ?

John Milton 

I dont dislike you, BVC. :thumbsup:

Yes I know what you mean...but for me this is a forum and its impossible to expect normal human response .....its the nature of the Internet 

But I mean " like " as in engage in regular debates with and then clarify what I mean :)

John Milton 

"How can you make a post like this about your own PM? It would be different if what you said has some truth to it but I doubt anyone on this forum will agree with you ?"

Not too bright, I see. Like I care if people on this forum (or any forum) agree with me. Everything I post about Trudeau is true. Like always, the truth hurts.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes I know what you mean...but for me this is a forum and its impossible to expect normal human response .....its the nature of the Internet 

But I mean " like " as in engage in regular debates with and then clarify what I mean :)

Well imo, text is a terrible medium for realtime conversation. There's no cues like body language or verbal tone to assist in determining the intent of the poster. So almost everything has a "bias filter" applied by the reader which may run completely counter to the poster.

Anywho, how bout them crappy candidates!

• Like 3

the Australians send all there new arrivals to a island hell hole where sexual abuse is rampant

Your entire country is a hellhole where sexual abuse is rampant.

Just so I dont misunderstand you, is this your idea of a sense of humor?

I have to be honest its really not funny but I shouldn't be the one to judge others sense of humor  :biggrin:

John Milton 

the Australians send all there new arrivals to a island hell hole where sexual abuse is rampant

Your entire country is a hellhole where sexual abuse is rampant.

Just so I dont misunderstand you, is this your idea of a sense of humor?

I have to be honest its really not funny but I shouldn't be the one to judge others sense of humor  :biggrin:

No, it's not a joke, don't you have the one of the highest murder rates and rape rates in the world?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan