Updated: 10/3 Trouble logging in? Here is a workaround!

Aarik D

Question

Hey everyone,

We've been getting some reports about the game not connecting with Android devices. We are looking into the issue. In the mean time, here's a few tricks you can perform to make sure you stay connected. 

ANDROID:

1. Make sure the game is not running in the background

2. Launch Google Play Games (not to be confused with Google Play Store)

3. Check to see if you are logged into the correct Google Play Games account.

4. Launch Pathfinder Adventures from within Google Play Games.

5. You're good to go!

If this method does not work, please refer to old workaround below

iOS 9 and below:

1. Make sure the game is not running in the background

2. Go into iOS settings

3. Search for Game 

3. Check to see if you are logged into the correct Gamecenter account.

4. Launch Pathfinder Adventures from within Gamecenter.

5. You're good to go!

iOS 10:

Game center no longer is an application in iOS 10, but now intregated into the Apple OS. 

1. Go to your iOS settings

2. Locate Game Center

3. Log in. 

(OLD WORKAROUND FOR ANDROID)

Open up your Application Manager > Locate Google Play Games and Google Play Services > Clear the CACHE for each app.  Launch Pathfinder Adventures and you should be able to connect with your Google Play account and stay logged in. 

Hope that is helpful for you all.

Thank you and take care!

UPDATE: Added iOS workaround as the new iOS update has brought this issue to our attention. 

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

I am unable to get my Google account to connect as well. I followed the steps of clearing cache, even uninstalled and cleared cache but the issue persists.

When the game starts it asks which Google account to use, I select my account then the welcome popup from Google Play says "welcome manicmonky" and starts to ahow my exp bar fill up. But this only remains on the screen for a split second then the game loading screen appears, which seemes to be interrupting the loading of my account.

Samsung Galaxy 6 (latest version)

iOS 10 update  (I posted this earlier).

The standalone Game Center app is now gone from iOS 10.  The core components are all still there though.

Open up the Settings app and scroll down to Game Center (just above Twitter and Facebook).  There you can verify that your Apple ID is logged in.  If that's all good, then Pathfinder shouldn't have any issues.

None of these work-arounds are effective for me. Clearing the caches of Google Play Games and Google Play Services and launching from Google Play does not work. Dead in the water. Both Samsung Galaxy Edge 6+ and Galaxy Tab 2. Every release breaks more and more.

I'm in the same boat.  Clearing the cache sometimes works for one launch, then it goes back to what it was doing: "Logged in successfully." with a green light in the WiFi symbol and "Link Social Gaming Network" in the text box instead of the PlayFab name and number.  Sometimes the box is blank.  In these situations it shows 0 gold and no extra cards/dice/achievements/etc., but I can go into the Store or a game without getting the "Not Connected" dialog.  Launching from the launcher or Google Play Games makes no difference.

Sigh.

(Nexus 5, Android 6.0.1)

Edited by Parody

I have tried all the cache clearing and any other tips. Uninstalling and re-installing

I start the game , it asks me which google account, I choose mine, it says login failed or something in the top left, and then tells me I reconnected to WiFi (always was connected) , won't let me click on anything for a few seconds and then repeats

Any help would be appreciated , thanks

Edited by Daniel.graig

Hi, I connected with Asmodee.net last evening, since then I can't find my parties anymore. I tried to clean the cache as suggested, I de-installed and re-installed the app on my Android device, I launched it from Google Play Games : no result. I installed it on my iPhone, the link was succesful but I still can't access my parties. In the end, I created a new party and I was able to recover my characters with their cards and accomplishments.

Firemael #3305