US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

Speaking of Obama, he sure brings everyone together lately:

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The first clip is clearly edited.

The second one is just a listing of facts.  It's still a pretty great time to be born white.  It's also a much better time to be born black than it used to be in the US.  It's not really a competition though.   

edit:  The comments on those videos are super depressing.  

Edited by Hurlshot

Speaking of Obama, he sure brings everyone together lately:

That's a reach. Nice try.

miami-heats-lebron-james-l-is-fouled-by-

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

[...]but yes, I have a general understanding and basic command of the English language.

Boo hoo hoo. Way to play the victim card. In all seriousness, get a grip.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The first clip is clearly edited.

Here you go, another one: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TEFjaSz00I

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

[...]but yes, I have a general understanding and basic command of the English language.

You have a problem with me? Engage me directly rather than taking pot shots.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"Its like my views on how to deal with  some of the racist comments from a small group of white South Africans ....tribunals and then incarceration for a 2-3 years. Remove them from society, people will quickly learn what is responsible behavior"

Why are you just targeting white racists? Oh yeah, you are racist and believe only whites can be racist.

People defending Obama ignore the fact that he is an ignorant racist. The funny thing is outside his silly evil words he has done NOTHING to help blacks in his country. Not one damn thing of note. PATHETIC. In fact many of his policies hurt the black community 9as well as others).

"It's still a pretty great time to be born white."

Define 'pretty great'.  Define what whitiey gets in the US that non whites don't get? People also seem to ignore the fact that by the facts whitey isn't even the 'most privledged' in the US. That is asians.

I mean unlike blacks, whitey doesn't even get their own tv channel. L0L

"So...assuming the stutter is real, what exactly is divisive about the words he is trying to say?"

He is stating whitey is evil and well off .. in spite the fact that many many whities are poor and leaving in crappy situation... but those poor whities shouldn't nor have the right to complain because they have white skin. How is that not divisive and racist by poo pooing someone because of their skin colour? L0L

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If I may opine on this point. Barack Obama has called people very much like me bitter, small minded, he says I cling to guns and religion because I'm afraid of people who don't look like me. He has insulted my religion when he spoke at Georgetown last year. He has insulted an organization I belong to, the VFW. He said people like me were incapable of thinking for ourselves. He has openly insulted my patriotisim and believes I am a likely terrorist because of my military service.

In response to all that I, and those like me, have not gathered and burned any flags, or him in effigy, or assualted anyone, or damaged property. 

Let's see here. I posted three paragraphs to support one point. You chose to take one of those, absent the context of the other two, and get a little zinger in. That means that despite your impressive command if the English language you either failed to grasp the point I was making or just wanted to get a little zinger in. Since I seriously doubt it was the former all I can say is hope you got a chuckle out of it at least.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You have a problem with me? Engage me directly rather than taking pot shots.

Oh stop provoking him. He can't help himself and it's ultimately your fault :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If I may opine on this point. Barack Obama has called people very much like me bitter, small minded, he says I cling to guns and religion because I'm afraid of people who don't look like me. He has insulted my religion when he spoke at Georgetown last year. He has insulted an organization I belong to, the VFW. He said people like me were incapable of thinking for ourselves. He has openly insulted my patriotisim and believes I am a likely terrorist because of my military service.

In response to all that I, and those like me, have not gathered and burned any flags, or him in effigy, or assualted anyone, or damaged property. 

Let's see here. I posted three paragraphs to support one point. You chose to take one of those, absent the context of the other two, and get a little zinger in. That means that despite your impressive command if the English language you either failed to grasp the point I was making or just wanted to get a little zinger in. Since I seriously doubt it was the former all I can say is hope you got a chuckle out of it at least.

And where did I say I had an impressive understanding of the English language? I stated that I had a GENERAL understanding and BASIC command of the English language. Gee whiz folks! 

And yes, I wanted to get the zinger in. But I have to admit that I was more than a little put off by you actually insinuating that Obama has victimized you and that people like you don't break out in protest, assault, and riot over your perceived slights, because you're not animals.

That's the Minority Victim in me lashing back out.

So...assuming the stutter is real, what exactly is divisive about the words he is trying to say?

Oh, the first one was just to highlight that he had nothing to say. The second one however was divisive because he resorted to play oppression olympics as retort for reverse discrimination.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

So...assuming the stutter is real, what exactly is divisive about the words he is trying to say?

Oh, the first one was just to highlight that he had nothing to say. The second one however was divisive because he resorted to play oppression olympics as retort for reverse discrimination.

Ah, ok. I would actually agree with your second assessment, the president does not need to get involved in tit for tat arguments.

The goal should be to help everyone, regardless of race.

And where did I say I had an impressive understanding of the English language? I stated that I had a GENERAL understanding and BASIC command of the English language. Gee whiz folks! 

And yes, I wanted to get the zinger in. But I have to admit that I was more than a little put off by you actually insinuating that Obama has victimized you and that people like you don't break out in protest, assault, and riot over your perceived slights, because you're not animals.

I didn't say victimized. I said insulted. If he had victimized me it would imply he caused me harm. Donald Trump didn't harm anyone either. He insulted them. He is what he is, an idiot with a microphone that says stupid things. Nothing he says, now or in the future give anyone license to destroy property that isn't theirs or assault people. Epecially people not named Donald Trump. Because they are not animals. Until they start to act like animals. And they are. Screw them.

I don't pretend to know you well but I'd be very suprised to hear you had actually assaulted someone over a political difference. Talked to them about it, sure. Debated them, of course. Shouted them down over it, fine. But that is where the line is. Once you damage their property or person you don't have a point anymore... you are just an animal.

And you had better f-----g believe I have found many of Obama's comments about veterans and people who don't dream of a world where the government controls every aspect of life to be VERY insulting. But if he stopped by my house today he would be as safe in my home as he would be in his own.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well at least he keeps his posts short unlike your diatribes.

You take that back, sir!

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

1465040703789.png

I got no idea what all the drama in this thread is but all your ideologies are dumb and the likely president is going to be a corporate whore who sells the working class out with trade deals and concessions to the rulers of this world. It ain't gonna get better through an election or petition and we're stuck with it until the crash that destroys everything.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I didn't say victimized. I said insulted. If he had victimized me it would imply he caused me harm. Donald Trump didn't harm anyone either. He insulted them. He is what he is, an idiot with a microphone that says stupid things. Nothing he says, now or in the future give anyone license to destroy property that isn't theirs or assault people. Epecially people not named Donald Trump. Because they are not animals. Until they start to act like animals. And they are. Screw them.

I don't pretend to know you well but I'd be very suprised to hear you had actually assaulted someone over a political difference. Talked to them about it, sure. Debated them, of course. Shouted them down over it, fine. But that is where the line is. Once you damage their property or person you don't have a point anymore... you are just an animal.

And you had better f-----g believe I have found many of Obama's comments about veterans and people who don't dream of a world where the government controls every aspect of life to be VERY insulting. But if he stopped by my house today he would be as safe in my home as he would be in his own.

Fair enough. I respect your opinions and you're right, I don't condone riots and violent acts, but your using that analogy still set me off. I'm human. There's a difference from the outright race-baiting, xenophobic, and bigoted rhetoric of Donald Trump (per distinguished fellow Republican) 

and this:

1465040703789.png

I got no idea what all the drama in this thread is but all your ideologies are dumb and the likely president is going to be a corporate whore who sells the working class out with trade deals and concessions to the rulers of this world. It ain't gonna get better through an election or petition and we're stuck with it until the crash that destroys everything.

What's the flag to the left? I have never seen that one before.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Bikini Faso, obviously.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

1465040703789.png

gallery_26484_1081_21035.jpg

YPG.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@Bruce - Anger is one of many human emotions. We are meant to experience them all during a lifetime. Trump says things that anger people. Who cares? Some people bring joy, some hope, some fear, some laughter, some anger, some depression. We have a few choices as to what to do about people that illicit negative emotions within ourselves. 1). Avoid them. 2). Act like a baby a throw a tantrum. 3). Get over it and deal with it. 4). Talk to them about it and try to change things. I usually go from 4 to 1, but sometimes 4 to 3 to 1. It depends on who they are in relation to myself. There are probably more ways to do it, but I just woke up and haven had any coffee.

Turn the TV off, go outside, try making yourself smile (it tends to make you smile for real), try making other people smile, and move on with your life. If you think that with 7 billion people on this rock that a few rules are going to make people not be jerks and hurt their fellow man... Then you have some critical thinking to do. No amount of rules will change that people can offend you, and most likely will at some point. So, your best course of action is learning to deal with how to keep them from having an effect on you as an individual. Learn to thicken your skin and wear some armor.

• Like 1

@Bruce - Anger is one of many human emotions. We are meant to experience them all during a lifetime. Trump says things that anger people. Who cares? Some people bring joy, some hope, some fear, some laughter, some anger, some depression. We have a few choices as to what to do about people that illicit negative emotions within ourselves. 1). Avoid them. 2). Act like a baby a throw a tantrum. 3). Get over it and deal with it. 4). Talk to them about it and try to change things. I usually go from 4 to 1, but sometimes 4 to 3 to 1. It depends on who they are in relation to myself. There are probably more ways to do it, but I just woke up and haven had any coffee.

Turn the TV off, go outside, try making yourself smile (it tends to make you smile for real), try making other people smile, and move on with your life. If you think that with 7 billion people on this rock that a few rules are going to make people not be jerks and hurt their fellow man... Then you have some critical thinking to do. No amount of rules will change that people can offend you, and most likely will at some point. So, your best course of action is learning to deal with how to keep them from having an effect on you as an individual. Learn to thicken your skin and wear some armor.

Trump should be refuted at every point. He should not be given a pass on any dumb, bigoted, and incendiary statement he makes. Apathy is a form of acceptance and an informed voting public should be engaged to the point that Trump is exposed for the sham that he is. Trump is dangerous because he wields the rhetorical power of a demagogue who holds a not insignificant amount of sway on a chunk of the American public.

PaddyPower currently has Trump with a 7:4 bookmaker odds of winning the Presidency. Clinton is at 1:2.

Aggregate futures markets currently has Clinton's chances of winning at 70%, Trump at 24%, and Gary Johnson at 0.1%

• Like 1

635965906573127005-423581883_homer-end-i

I suppose we can just hope for gridlock.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I suppose we can just hope for gridlock.

I've been saying for years this is the best possible outcome. No one gets screwed when the government can't move.

Thomas Sowell