Known Issues (And some possible fixes) in 1.0.2

Sylvanta

Question

Hello everyone!

We're listening and looking into the issues that are being reported.  Below is a list of known issues.

Please Note:

While Android phones can download the game, phones, emulators, and smart TVs are not currently supported.  We plan to have an official launch on phones in the coming months, with a better UI and better optimization for them.

Known Issues

HOT ISSUES:

- Card stuck in the middle of the screen after canceling. 

WorkaroundIf your card gets stuck on the screen, go to menu > vault > exit vault. The card should now be back in your hand.

Performance/Crashing Issues

- Performance issues on Main Screen or when Character Health is low on some devices

Fix: Open options and turn off "Effects".

- Crashing when character has low health (particularly on iPad 2 and older)

Fix: Open options and turn off "Effects".

- Sometimes you'll be unable to load your party and see the banner with overlapping text in the middle of the screen

Potential Workaround:  Clear the app cache and/or play through the tutorial again.

Interface Issues

- Certain card interactions that require a drag are missing a button option

- You currently cannot view character's abilities and cards in the store.

Network

- Network Connection issues (Frequent popups even when there is a strong wifi connection)

Potential Workaround: Ensure you're connected to Gamecenter / Google Play games

- Can't login with Google Play Account

Potential Workaround: Clear cache on the game app and Google Plays app, then sign back in to Google Plays.

Gameplay

- Seelah: Using Inspired Grace when Illsoari Gandethus is on top of the deck causes problems.

- Cannot use Potion of Ghostly form to evade Poison Trap henchman

- Rat Swarm at the Garrison causes a literal Rat Swarm to happen

- Seelah's Insprired Grace can see the next card in the deck

- Lini's Beastform is not recalculating extra strength dice that were added before power activation

- Rare the Game is not doing math correctly for dice rolls

- Using Mending can cause progression breaks

Purchase Issues

- Character Add-On not being granted with the Rise of the Runelords Bundle

Fix: Go to this thread and follow instructions so we can resolve the issue.

As of 7:00pm PST, 4/28 anyone with this issue should have it resolved.  Restart the game and the deck should be part of your bundle.

- Daily Gold purchase problems

Potential Workaround: If the timer seems to have reset and you don't have a button, restart the app to display the button

- Bundle Purchase showing as owned but not granting characters

Possible Fixes:

• Restart the app
  • Log out/in of Game Center / Google Play Games
  • If you are logged in properly and can access the characters or adventures part of the store, contact support at support@obsidian.net
Edited by Aarik D
  • Like 1

Possible work-around for Android users experiencing log in issues (recreated on two different devices running 4.4.2):

1. Enable syncing (can be quickly enabled via sync icon from the Android swipe down menu).

2. Open Google Play Games app

3. Swipe from the left to open Play Games' menu and select 'My Games' (might have to select 'All My Games' on next screen).

4. Select Pathfinder Adventures and then launch the app from the red play button on the right side.

5. You should now be able to log in! (You may have to accept a sync request from the swipe down menu or tap the 'Link Social Gaming Network' button for it to work)

Hopefully this helps some people.

(I've seen a bunch of posts suggesting to open the game via Play Games before, but it didn't work for me until I turned on Syncing)

• Like 1

I dont have any of the pay to unlock characters so my party size was 2 when I tried to do quest mode. Perhaps the issue is with one of the two free characters? I haven't tried again since I unlocked burnt offerings.

• Like 1

There seems to be a problem at the Desecrated vault. When you have the option to recharge a discarded card when pemanently closed. This causes the game to freeze on my ipad air 2. Playing with Valeros, Seelah and Merisiel. Valeros closing (of course, because he is awesome).

Using 1-3 characters doesn't work for fixing quest mode.

exactly, i'm playing with the base 2 character both on ios and android tablets. freeze at loading on both.

how do you fix the freeze screen.  mine will not do anything.

They are working on it, supposedly fixed in the next patch. Which, by the way things have been going, will probably be out... some time whenever or like next month or something. This game is a disaster, so far.

• Like 1

Quite normal with new games. There Are so Many combinations of Android devices that most likely there always will be some models that just don't work.

I have tested this with three Android devices and with two of them this works like a charm, same as with Air pad2. The third (chinece) Android device is out of Luck, maybe for good, who knows.

Ofcourse there Are some bugs, there Are so Many card, location and character combinations that some of them causes unpredictable results.

Quite normal with new games. There Are so Many combinations of Android devices that most likely there always will be some models that just don't work.

I have tested this with three Android devices and with two of them this works like a charm, same as with Air pad2. The third (chinece) Android device is out of Luck, maybe for good, who knows.

Ofcourse there Are some bugs, there Are so Many card, location and character combinations that some of them causes unpredictable results.

well some of these bug are major ones and I for one believe could not have gone unfixed prior to release, I have now paid for a game that does not function and that is on the air pro 2.  Also they should have disable the quest mode or put a in game warning that playing this mode with x number of character or more could lead to crashes or lock ups.

I cant login!When i click the "Continue" button and the "Story" button, it shows the option to login, but when i press the "login" part/button, nothing happens and the game just goes back to the home screen.

What can i do to fix this?Also, how come i cant get to pick the Monk and the barbarian?When i click the character scrolling arrows, i dont see the circular portraits that symbolize those characters.Please help, im really loving this game.

I cant login!When i click the "Continue" button and the "Story" button, it shows the option to login, but when i press the "login" part/button, nothing happens and the game just goes back to the home screen.

What can i do to fix this?Also, how come i cant get to pick the Monk and the barbarian?When i click the character scrolling arrows, i dont see the circular portraits that symbolize those characters.Please help, im really loving this game.

I am stuck with the same issue on my ipad air.  It loads the app and when I click login it doesn't do anything.  I have internet and can play other games but not this one.  I really want to play lol

How about another issue:

Just finished an adventure today, and at the end where I get my reward I get the really special reward something like "Sorry, you no longer have a network connection" and thus all my treasure and rewards are consigned to the ether.

How about you check for the connection BEFORE you tell me my treasure is being discarded, and maybe even give me a 'retry connection' button?

My idea of fun does not include working away at an adventure for a fair while just to be robbed.  If you can keep track of the cards that I have won/lost, then you can damn sure keep track of the fact that I am owed gold.

And PS - the screen-lockup bug when trying to use the "Quest" function is getting pretty tiring, because replaying the same adventures over and over is not a great way to win hearts and minds either.

Thanks.

First: The Thassilonian Dungeon does not give Seoni the option to draw a card after she uses her fire blast power for combat. It should. I imagine this could be a difficult exception to code.

Second: At the end of her turn, Seoni cast Stride to move herself to Lini's location (happened to be Habe's Sanitorium -- don't ask, I forgot about the start of turn power since Lini always aced it). On her turn, Lini banished a Potion of Healing, with the intention of curing Seoni.  But the app only let this cure Lini. I think the app didn't realize Seoni was at the location.

Edited by elcoderdude

First: The Thassilonian Dungeon does not give Seoni the option to draw a card after she uses her fire blast power for combat. It should. I imagine this could be a difficult exception to code.

Her blast doesn't add the arcane trait, so wouldn't trigger, even with the arcane die.

Also regarding the duplication of party members.... Just reform the party.. ie I just removed my characters completely and then took a new one and activated that party and then directly went back and formed my old party back together and then the duplication issue was solved.

I have an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3.1 and just tried a quest with two characters and IT WORKED! No lock up or freeze. I got my butt kicked but that's ok. It didn't freeze up. Tried and 1, 2, and 3 works but tried 4 and it froze. Thanks for the suggestion, tech support!

I have an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3.1 and just tried a quest with two characters and IT WORKED! No lock up or freeze. I got my butt kicked but that's ok. It didn't freeze up. Tried and 1, 2, and 3 works but tried 4 and it froze. Thanks for the suggestion, tech support!

Glad that it is working for someone, at least. I have been completely unable to launch quest mode at all, just freezes at the launch screen. Only way to continue is to kill the process and restart. Platform is a 128GB iPad Pro (iOS 9.3.1)

Edit: Not having risked anything in IAP until this bug is fixed I only have the base cards. Tried one character, two characters (adding them to the party in either order), standard, heroic and legendary quest types, connected to network and with radios off and finally launching after a total system restart. Locks up completely regardless.

Edited by DLJ

Playing PF on ios (ipad). Seems to be working ok so far...but it's not letting me log in! Whenever I click "continue" it gives me the "WARNING You are currently offline!" message, but when I click "Login," absolutely nothing happens, except the dialogue box vanishes. I can play offline to my heart's content, but it would sure be nice to start getting that gold!

Playing PF on ios (ipad). Seems to be working ok so far...but it's not letting me log in! Whenever I click "continue" it gives me the "WARNING You are currently offline!" message, but when I click "Login," absolutely nothing happens, except the dialogue box vanishes. I can play offline to my heart's content, but it would sure be nice to start getting that gold!

on ipad you need to go to Settings / Game Centre and log in there

I hit the same problem as I disabled everything unless I explicitly have to use it

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

"Icy Longspear +1" appears to be triggering the lack of Weapon proficiency with Lini.  I got into this situation from Amirii passing the spear over and noticed my +'s dropped away.

"Goblin Warchanter" causes everyone in the party to make a wisdom check even though the card states "you" to make the check NOT "all characters"