US Elections 2016

Gorth

https://archive.is/Jl7E6

Daily Kos bans criticism of Hillary.

Super delegates don't "represent people" I'm not elected by anyone. I'll do what I think is right for the country-Howard Dean

Looks like Sanders will crash the Democratic party.

How do you know no one cares? I have legions of people on this forum who formulate there entire view on global politics on what I say

giphy.gif

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Super delegates don't "represent people" I'm not elected by anyone. I'll do what I think is right for the country-Howard Dean

How do you know no one cares? I have legions of people on this forum who formulate there entire view on global politics on what I say

giphy.gif

KP please tell Sharp what an important influence my posts have on your perspective...I think he thinks no one cares what I say  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

KP please tell Sharp what an important influence my posts have on your perspective...I think he thinks no one cares what I say  teehee.gif

Every disagreement I've had with you where you failed to provide a coherent argument to support your view, let alone evidence to support it, has convinced me more of the strength of my position and the weakness of yours. So I suppose you exist as an example of how views can be reinforced by a clueless opposition and you're influential in getting people to believe the opposite of what you advocate for.

Isn't that the reason why superdelegate system was created in first place (so that those who are "wiser" can correct mistakes that people make in nomination process)

Yes. Which is why the longer this contest goes on the more people will become disillusioned with the democratic party, particularly in regards to representing the interests of people.

Bernie took Nebraska and Kansas.

It's such a shame he's losing most of the South so horrendously badly - if it was a little closer there, he'd be sooo much better off right now.

I think Bernie will do much better outside the South, and as most of the South is out of the way I expect the delegate gap to close. I'm hoping so at least.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

KP please tell Sharp what an important influence my posts have on your perspective...I think he thinks no one cares what I say  teehee.gif

Every disagreement I've had with you where you failed to provide a coherent argument to support your view, let alone evidence to support it, has convinced me more of the strength of my position and the weakness of yours. So I suppose you exist as an example of how views can be reinforced by a clueless opposition and you're influential in getting people to believe the opposite of what you advocate for.

Yes, I feel you have definitely misunderstood me if thats what you think

I blame myself for that negative view you have ...but I am trying to change that. We just need another chance to debate about an interesting topic  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Small things like these makes me a happy bunny.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am not getting it, what makes you happy about this?

John Milton 

Sanders keeps raising millions — and spending them, a potential problem for Clinton

"Sen. Bernie Sanders’s path to the Democratic nomination may be narrowing, but his record fundraising shows no sign of slowing down, ensuring that the long-shot rival to Hillary Clinton can remain in the race for months to come.

Sanders’s unique success at attracting political money, combined with his powerful appeal to young voters, means that he will keep raising and spending millions of dollars across the country — forcing Clinton to spend, too, and potentially allowing him to score enough victories to drag out the nominating contest and delay what is widely seen as Clinton’s inevitable pivot to the general election." 

Exposing the establishment as the globalist frauds they are.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'll be honest I have read that Twitter debate about 3 times and I'm not getting it

Howard Dean wants to Vote for Hilary...a reasonable and prudent choice. What is the link to the establishment...or is that the other link you referring to?

John Milton 

I think Bernie will do much better outside the South, and as most of the South is out of the way I expect the delegate gap to close. I'm hoping so at least.

The South is a gigantic number of delegates, though, and while he's projected to do better outside of it, he's not projected to do so well he can make up for being absolutely crushed in the South, which is why he's currently projected to lose. He's also currently losing in Florida and Michigan, the latter of which he needs to be winning, and the former of which he needs to be at least sort of close...

There's nothing to misunderstand, Bruce. original.gif

I blame myself for that negative view you have

That's good, because you are, after all, the one making all the posts that you are constantly making that have made us regard you this way. wink.png

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The South is a gigantic number of delegates, though, and while he's projected to do better outside of it, he's not projected to do so well he can make up for being absolutely crushed in the South, which is why he's currently projected to lose. He's also currently losing in Florida and Michigan, the latter of which he needs to be winning, and the former of which he needs to be at least sort of close...

There's nothing to misunderstand, Bruce. original.gif

I blame myself for that negative view you have

That's good, because you are, after all, the one making all the posts that you are constantly making that have made us regard you this way. wink.png

Barti you make me laugh :lol:  

But please can you admit I have been a very constructive and positive view when it comes to you, we may have a few disagreements but I would think you generally agree with me ?

John Milton 

I'll be honest I have read that Twitter debate about 3 times and I'm not getting it

Howard Dean wants to Vote for Hilary...a reasonable and prudent choice. What is the link to the establishment...or is that the other link you referring to?

Howard Dean (ex governor of Vermont) is superdelegate (meaning that he has one delegate vote in democratic national convention where 130k people that voted in democratic primary in Vermont are represented by 16 delegates) for Vermont, so he is member of DNC establishment and his vote counts much more than your typical democrat.

• Like 1

Howard Dean (ex governor of Vermont) is superdelegate (meaning that he has one delegate vote in democratic national convention where 130k people that voted in democratic primary in Vermont are represented by 16 delegates) for Vermont, so he is member of DNC establishment and his vote counts much more than your typical democrat.

I didnt know what a super delegate meant, thanks for explaining

But does it change my point? Hilary Clinton is going to be the Democratic nomination....its basically inevitable

Millions of Americans feel she is right person to be the next president. Howard Dean feels the same way, why should he vote for Sanders?

John Milton 

This.  Sanders just isn't polling well enough to keep pace with Clinton let alone overtake her.   He's trailing by 20+ points in Michigan, Florida, North Carolina, Illinois, Mississippi and Missouri and by 10+ points in Ohio.    If those numbers hold, Sanders might as well pack it in.   

But does it change my point? Hilary Clinton is going to be the Democratic nomination....its basically inevitable

Millions of Americans feel she is right person to be the next president. Howard Dean feels the same way, why should he vote for Sanders?

86% of people of Vermont voted Sanders so they would like to see that Dean would factor in will of people of Vermont when he cast his vote and people in that twitter thread aren't that pleased of his answer that he don't represent people and will vote according to his own views. 

Edited by Elerond

86% of people of Vermont voted Sanders so they would like to see that Dean would factor in will of people of Vermont when he cast his vote and people in that twitter thread aren't that pleased of his answer that he don't represent people and will vote according to his own views. 

Okay I see, so basically people in Vermont feel Howard Dean doesn't have a right to vote for who he feels is the right candidate....he must do what the majority of people in Vermont do

Seems a bit selfish and unreasonable to me ?

John Milton 

Okay I see, so basically people in Vermont feel Howard Dean doesn't have a right to vote for who he feels is the right candidate....he must do what the majority of people in Vermont do

Seems a bit selfish and unreasonable to me ?

I can't say as I object whole delegate system so my view about its particulars especially in this kind election is very biased. But in other hand it is system used by party that those people in that thread seem to support so my sympathy towards them is somewhat limited.

I hate our election system and I hate both parties. I demand sympathy! :p

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Having a dense day perhaps? They are exposing themselves right in the open. Here, have a video about what's brewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VMZSXzy7O0

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I hate our election system and I hate both parties. I demand sympathy! :p

The key thing that the US elite would never allow is a transition to a fully proportional system with a single constituency for the whole country. In a single electoral cycle it would show just how tired the 2 party political system is and the whole house would come crashing down.

The first past the post voting is what gives the 2 parties the stranglehold they have on the political system.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I don't know, it's easy to blame the political elite for the 2 party system, but in reality there isn't anything stopping independent or 3rd party candidates from competing other than the voters.  A huge percentage of the population wants to vote along party lines, and the elite take advantage of that.

Having a dense day perhaps? They are exposing themselves right in the open. Here, have a video about what's brewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VMZSXzy7O0

That was a very tedious video to sit through....that women is anti-Obama, anti- Democrats and anti-Hilary...she represents a sector of Trump supporters. I reject basically everything she says. The Republican party has been fractured by Trump, of course Romney will oppose him as he represents the Republican establishment ...I support the establishment but they left it too late 

One of the many spurious points she makes is dismissing the GOP security leaders criticism of Trump..read this. Its not unfounded 

http://warontherocks.com/2016/03/open-letter-on-donald-trump-from-gop-national-security-leaders/

Anyway  her view  doesn't represent the views of the Democrats or Republican establishment and its her own biased view..so I'm not sure why you think this is fact and proof of the end of Western establishments ?

John Milton