SW: The Old Republic - Episode VIII (May RNG Be With You)

Blarghagh

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, bugarup said:

IStar Wars: The Old Republic Going Third-Party as BioWare Focuses on Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

I'm sure that Bioware, now unburdened with backbreaking labour of updating SWTOR with 5 hours worth annual content, will instantly propel Dragon Age from concept art stage and Mass Effect from repackaging. :yes:

Hopefully this works out well for TOR. Plenty of MMO's have changed hands and continued on alright. LotrO going for Turbine to Standing Stone (a smaller group made up of former Turbine employees) and that worked out pretty well. 

Well I think Broadsword is pretty much a "maintenance" only rather than a "continue development" going from their history.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

Well I think Broadsword is pretty much a "maintenance" only rather than a "continue development" going from their history.

It looks like they have Dark Ages of Camelot and Ultima Online right now, but I don't know what they've done to those games.

TOR is also kind of stuck with the narrative experience of the game. Like, you can't rework the leveling system without messing up the storylines of the level 1-60 experience. They'd benefit from new classes or something fresh to attract people, but I don't think it would be simple to implement. WoW and LotRO have rebuilt the starting areas and introduced new classes numerous times to make it fresh.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...