US Elections 2016

Guard Dog

The Trump stuff, while entertaining, is starting to be worrying.  Is this really going to be the candidate of a major political party?  He's basically running opposite of everything Ronald Reagan stood for, which is odd considering Reagan is looked at so fondly by the Republican party.  He genuinely seems to dislike the country.  He praises the blind loyalty of his voters like that is somehow a good thing.

Hurlshot I am very glad you raised this, I have saying this for months and yet all you guys seemed almost unconcerned. Clinton seemed like a more popular target

And I don't mean to spread additional concern but he  is much worse than you think, he is really disliked outside the USA

I wasn't joking when I said if he becomes president he will take the USA backwards. Some of you guys think Obama is a bad president ....Trump will end up being worse 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Give the left wing democrats everything they wants and you get a new Soviet Union including planned economics, nationalization of everything, thought police, gulags and the "disappearing" of people who think dangerous thoughts. Except in social areas where anything goes. Even worse.

The Wall Street shills are going to nationalize anything? More likely they'll make buying something from a private entity required and put a few non-whites and stronk wymynz in positions of power. And we've had thought police(cointelpro and NSA and TPP), gulags(Guantanamo), and disappearing of people for a while now. That's just a fact of having a state ruled by powers independent of the peasants/proles/citizens.

The fact is all major parties, including libertarian and green, in the US are some strain of liberal with a slavish devotion to whiteknighting for large corporations. The political process is broken and nothing can stop the machine from trampling over people to the benefit of a handful of elites who own everything. Western Democracy has been a farce for a long while and the choice of which flavor you want your elected official to be is more irrelevant than the toppings on your next pizza.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Trump stuff, while entertaining, is starting to be worrying.  Is this really going to be the candidate of a major political party?  He's basically running opposite of everything Ronald Reagan stood for, which is odd considering Reagan is looked at so fondly by the Republican party.  He genuinely seems to dislike the country.  He praises the blind loyalty of his voters like that is somehow a good thing.

Hurlshot I am very glad you raised this, I have saying this for months and yet all you guys seemed almost unconcerned. Clinton seemed like a more popular target

And I don't mean to spread additional concern but he  is much worse than you think, he is really disliked outside the USA

I wasn't joking when I said if he becomes president he will take the USA backwards. Some of you guys think Obama is a bad president ....Trump will end up being worse 

JwOo1KC.png

There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Donald is sustained on your tears. :yes:

I dont usually vote but Im tempted to vote for him just to see the world collectively exacuate their bowels if he won. He would be (seemingly) terrible at diplomatic relations but maybe it would be worth it to see him flip the world the middle finger for four years. I definately wont be voting for Hillzilla so if I manage to overcome my inertia then I guess Trump is the only other choice.

• Like 1

Even now I think the likelihood of Trump actually getting out of the primaries and becoming the party nominee is fairly small.  That may change if he does well in the early caucus states, but my gut tells me that people aren't actually going to vote for him.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Even now I think the likelihood of Trump actually getting out of the primaries and becoming the party nominee is fairly small.  That may change if he does well in the early caucus states, but my gut tells me that people aren't actually going to vote for him.

Yes I like this, also I am very confidant the Democratic candidate with destroy him...the minorities will make him pay :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm not going to vote for Clinton either, but a vote for Trump seems pretty insane.  

I think its possible she could get the eventual nod; I just don't think that Trump can.

I could be wrong, of course.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sanders is the only candidate that is actually good, in a "he represents his ideology well" kind of way. He's been consistent pretty much his whole career. I'm having trouble comprehending what the other candidates actually stand for? Clinton just seems to mimic Sanders lately, since he's been getting popular.

If I was American, and did not agree with him on an ideological basis, I'd probably just refrain from voting. All the other candidates seem to be either crazy or notorious liars.

I'm not going to vote for Clinton either, but a vote for Trump seems pretty insane.  

I'm not going to vote for Clinton either, but I think its possible she could get the eventual nod; I just don't think that Trump can.

Okay guys but before you say  " I'll will never vote for Clinton " what about a reality where its Trump vs Clinton?

John Milton 

Sanders is the only candidate that is actually good, in a "he represents his ideology well" kind of way. He's been consistent pretty much his whole career. I'm having trouble comprehending what the other candidates actually stand for? Clinton just seems to mimic Sanders lately, since he's been getting popular.

If I was American, and did not agree with him on an ideological basis, I'd probably just refrain from voting. All the other candidates seem to be either crazy or notorious liars.

I'll write-in if I need to vote for "None-of-the-Above" between the various parties (I think Republican, Democrat, Libertarian get on the National ballot each year - Green party too maybe?).  I've done it before.  Not voting isn't really an option for me.

I'm not going to vote for Clinton either, but I think its possible she could get the eventual nod; I just don't think that Trump can.

Okay guys but before you say  " I'll will never vote for Clinton " what about a reality where its Trump vs Clinton?

See the above.

That said, I didn't say "I'll never vote for Clinton".  I currently don't plan to vote for her, however.

• Like 1

"Okay guys but before you say  " I'll will never vote for Clinton " what about a reality where its Trump vs Clinton?"

Neither. That's what I did in my own Kanadian election.   Harper had his time in office, and Trudeau just comes off as fake and seems to simply be popular because the ladies think he has a cute smile.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Final seal is broken ......  :fdevil:

Who are you planning on voting for ....I'm not sure we have discussed this before?

I know you normally vote Republican? 

John Milton 

"Okay guys but before you say  " I'll will never vote for Clinton " what about a reality where its Trump vs Clinton?"

Neither. That's what I did in my own Kanadian election.   Harper had his time in office, and Trudeau just comes off as fake and seems to simply be popular because the ladies think he has a cute smile.

Volo no offense but you  Canadians seem to lack the patriotism of our American members, its like those students who had never heard of Yoga Class.....its sad how little the young people know nowadays  

John Milton 

Who are you planning on voting for ....

As it stands right now?  None of the above ......  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Who are you planning on voting for ....

As it stands right now?  None of the above ......  :facepalm:

Okay, this is serendipitous...I have a really good idea

I really want to vote but I cant and you don't want to vote but you can

So why don't you become my proxy and vote for me...I'll obviously decide who we vote for but of course as usual I will consider your input. For you this is a win-win because you are still technically voting which is your patriotic responsibly yet you will have no chance of making the wrong choice as you aren't really deciding?

My plan is genius .....everyone else will want to copy us but I believe in loyalty so I'll stick by you  ;)  

John Milton 

Okay, this is serendipitous...I have a really good idea

And I stopped reading right there ........  :biggrin:

:lol:

Okay you know me well...well played 

• Like 2

John Milton 

Bruce you realize what you are asking him to do is actually illegal in this country. Also impossible to prove.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, going into Iowa next week keep one thing in mind. It's just one event. The last two have been won by Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum, neither of whom became the nominee. It will make news and grab headlines because that what this out of control beast of an election cycle here does, but it won't mean squat. New Hampshire won't either unless the same candidate wins both. On Super Tuesday we'll get a good idea what's what.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Volo no offense but you  Canadians seem to lack the patriotism of our American members, its like those students who had never heard of Yoga Class.....its sad how little the young people know nowadays "

Tell 99% of Kanadians that the US is better and you see how rabid our patriotism is. L0L

Also, my choice not to vote in this past election shows how much of a true patriot I am. I didn't want to damn my country with any of the candidates. perhaps, better candidates should be nominated.

A vote for any of the 3 major candidates would have been a wasted vote. None of them give a **** about things that atcually matter. And, no, lip service don't count.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bruce you realize what you are asking him to do is actually illegal in this country. Also impossible to prove.

But GD end of the day you guys know me ...plus I have a 10 year USA VISA?

John Milton