Young Turds, everything is wrong with it and i dont have energy to point each fault in that video, will let someone else point it out for you

Lol. This is what someone just said to me on KiA. "TYT saying that if a women isn't wearing the clothes that a muslim man sees in his country then he has the right to rape that women without consequences." Of course they didn't say anything even close to that, but, i guess, truth is irrelevant now. Honestly, in all of this mess, not just this issue but this whole "culture war" in general, it's getting harder and harder to tell who's exactly the "outrage warriors" are in it. Almost everywhere i look, it's just outrage, outrage, outrage. Seems like a lot people completely lost the ability to discuss things kindly and respectfully. I've been following this thing closely since last summer, and i'm already sick to death of it. 

• Like 1

I've been following this thing closely since last summer, and i'm already sick to death of it.

Just embrace apathy my friend.

We're all ****ed.

Just read the following books and you will be rid of that mental cancer:

marcus%20for%20site.gif

277950.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've actually been reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations. Got it in the mail last week.

All that you see will soon perish; those who witness this perishing will soon perish themselves. Die in extreme old age or die before your time – it will all be the same.

I find it comforting.

Edited by Barothmuk
  • Like 1

I've been following this thing closely since last summer, and i'm already sick to death of it.

Just embrace apathy my friend.

We're all ****ed.

No we not, I have several very constructive and accurate views on the state of the world and the West

Everything is fine. Yes the world does indeed face some risk but its not from the likes of ISIS. The Chinese economic slowdown potentially could trigger a recession or 2008...that is something we need to watch  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So far the only correlation is that the more immigrants from muslim countries the higher rates in the sexual assaults and murders.

It is however still important that we do not blame an entire culture for this or take this ****ed experience as proof that we can never coexists. We can easily assimilate immigrants, as long as we understand where and what they come from.

You can easily assimilate immigrants from muslim countries? Why aren't you doing it then? 

Immigrants come in many forms, most of immigrants from Muslim countries in Finland have been assimilate well in our society, but most of them aren't refugees and most of them have come in controlled fashion, which are much more complex group to assimilate especially when their immigration is not controlled. Where we get to probably main causes behind problems that are caused by this crisis, which is uncontrolled immigration and too little resource in assimilation processes. Also I would put quite lot blame on politician that have been absolutely ridiculously slow to form any coherent universal way to response and handle such immigration, which has just let things get worse and worse and we get closer and closer point where government is forced to use radical actions with no time to really plan them, which usually never goes well. But such inability to make decision and constant back and forth has plagued European politics now quite long time.  

Of course they're assimilating "well": there are about 50 000 muslims in Finland, about 1% of the total population. Most countries can easily absorb a small amount of immigration from anywhere. At 50000 or so individuals across a relatively large country they're unlikely to form a closed society "ghetto" or become a notable political force and the likelihood of terrorism is low as well, and yet, even at that low point Finland wasn't spared the sexual harassment at this new years celebrations.

According to a 2009. estimate there are about 4.5 million muslims in Germany or 5.4% of the population. According to some estimates in France its about 10% of the population, CIA world factbook estimates it at 5-10%. About 5-8 million. These are staggering numbers, even for these large countries - the population of a small state. Its no longer just the issue of an immigrant coming to make a better life for himself, for as long as they have a unifying element they become a societal and political force that cannot be ignored - political parties are forced to compromise in order to get their votes and then you have mosques springing up, Islamic universities, even something as  apparently trivial as wearing hijab becomes a politically charged issue.

This is plainly wrong as it is not the business of the state to modify itself according to the immigrants, rather its the other way around. But they are not stimulated to and in effect, through the ideology that's being pushed - separatism is in fact being encouraged.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The most pathetic thing about the new year's eve thing, is that if it wasn't for the cancerous and rampant feminism in current European politics, in other words if women weren't the victims - we'd hear none of it. In the hypothetical scenario of hundreds of native men being beaten up the outrage would be a fraction of what it is now.

The most pathetic thing about the new year's eve thing, is that if it wasn't for the cancerous and rampant feminism in current European politics, in other words if women weren't the victims - we'd hear none of it. In the hypothetical scenario of hundreds of native men being beaten up the outrage would be a fraction of what it is now.

" cancerous and rampant feminism "  :lol:

Geeez Drowsy are you also opposed to feminism? What about if  someone says I support gender equality....would you see this as cancerous  :p

By the way you make some interesting points and some I agree with, its just you generally  tend to frame your points in a way where  as  someone who supports SJ I  cannot agree with. But Im sure you don't need me to support you anyway  :shrugz:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The hypothetical men who could have been beaten up are the true victims.

Baro you must feel very guilty living in Oz...whats it like to feel that kind of guilt? Is that why you tend to sometimes stop debating with people  ;)

John Milton 

" cancerous and rampant feminism "   :lol:

Geeez Drowsy are you also opposed to feminism? What about if  someone says I support gender equality....would you see this as cancerous  :p

By the way you make some interesting points and some I agree with, its just you generally  tend to frame your points in a way where  as  someone who supports SJ I  cannot agree with. But Im sure you don't need me to support you anyway  :shrugz:

Equality yes, special treatment no. The whole feminist discourse that all men are barely contained rapists and that women are always the victims is cancer and bad for both genders.

Baro you must feel very guilty living in Oz.

Nope. It's nice to be all tucked away down here.

Okay....but how do you feel about the way immigrants who arrive illegally are sent to that  Jungle Island hellhole ?

John Milton 

" cancerous and rampant feminism "   :lol:

Equality yes, special treatment no. The whole feminist discourse that all men are barely contained rapists and that women are always the victims is cancer and bad for both genders.

Yes, I get that

I didn't use to understand why you guys cared about that because I don't believe it  that but I have realized I was arrogant to assume you guys were exaggerating and  it was wrong of me to ignore issues that white people raise.....but you  must realize because of Apartheid its very hard for me to see white, males as victims typically....even though sometimes they are 

John Milton 

Okay....but how do you feel about the way immigrants who arrive illegally are sent to that  Jungle Island hellhole ?

Why?

Okay, thats one way of not having to address this injustice 

Wait, let me not assume. Do you think this policy is reasonable?

John Milton 

Are you under the impression I'm enforcing the policy?

Baro please just this once dont assume I am trying to catch you out, I just want your view  :geek:

Its not a straight forward question as I know many people who live in Oz who support the policy and they not racist like my cousins...so I won't assume " if you are liberal then you must be opposed to it " ..its nuanced 

There is some justification for it 

John Milton 

Its not a straight forward question as I know many people who live in Oz who support the policy and they not racist like my cousins...so I won't assume " if you are liberal then you must be opposed to it " ..its nuanced 

There is some justification for it 

What are the justifications for it?

Good question

Australia has become a very successful and admired society, many people want to or would love to immigrate there

Its not for me as I think your laws are too strict  but I completely understand why you guys are admired. Yes you going through some  tough economic structural changes nowadays due to the Chinese slowdown but you will survive

Anyway Australia has some very strict laws around entry and immigration process, this is understandable as if there were lax entry requirements you would be swamped by people arriving on boats from several countries who are your neighbors   but there governments have failed to provide economic opportunities so many of there citizens look to live and find work somewhere else ...and Oz becomes the preferred destination

Now Oz does accept foreigners but you need to prove you can contribute and many people support the strict entry requirements so imagine a reality if the thousands of people arriving on boats were just " given citizenship " because they landed on the shoreline  

The system that binds your entire immigration process  would be undermined...so there is a reasonable argument that says " we cannot just accept anyone who arrives...especially arriving illegally "

Hence the Island becomes an option. So you could support that type of deportation for exactly the reason you believe in the system...and not the fact you just don't like people from Afghanistan   

John Milton 

The whole feminist discourse that all men are barely contained rapists

Comments like this always baffle me since this is the polar opposite of what the "feminist discourse" is about.

Yes you right, he is associating the views of radical feminists with all feminists 

But many people tend to do that on the Internet, IMO it comes from the fact many people tend to focus on the negative of something and thats all they see

John Milton 

There is what the feminist discourse used to be about and then there's the what it actually is now and those two things have little in common.

"Comments like this always baffle me since this is the polar opposite of what the "feminist discourse" is about."

His comment is true. This isn't 1960 anymore. In 2016,  this is EXACTLY the feminist discourse. Men are eviil rape monsters and womena re fragile little creatures that need to be babied but stillf ed   'power fantasies'.

\Feminists by their very nature are evil  selfish scumbag hateful racists exist nazi ISIS wannabes. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.