Attacks in Paris

Malcador

An ISIS-sympathizer gives an explanation on the question "why?":

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=906729506085781&id=211952732230132

Meshugger you guys really shouldn't read this type of garbage...its just going to make you more annoyed 

Stop projecting, i am having a laugh here.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If the west wasn't so obsessed with removing Putin and puttin' another Yeltsin in charge of Russia, a lot of this would have never come to pass and they'd have an ally instead of an enemy. 

But then, if the foreign policy of Germany and France is going to be decided in Washington, then they deserve no better than what's coming to them. 

Interesting. And how exactly the west is planning to remove him? Assassination?

Nah, making life so hard for regular russians, due to various embargos, that they would remove him from power themselves.

Well, as a russian, i can only thank the west for that. They're doing something useful for a change. :) Can't wait when he's finally gone. 

Ah you're one of those types. That explains everything.

Drowsy you do realize that Sakai lives in Moscow? And yet it never seemed to occur to you he might know a little about his own country?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Meshugger you guys really shouldn't read this type of garbage...its just going to make you more annoyed 

Stop projecting, i am having a laugh here.

Okay, well I'm glad you can laugh at the moment.  I have no sense of humour

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think the "for Syria" cry, of one of them, before he blew himself up explained more or less everything.

We had a dozens of attacks of right wing extremists against gypsies and we had few months ago an right wing extremist attack against Saudi family walking on the street with their kid in pushchair (is this the right word for vehicle for small kids?) which were visiting graduation ceremony of their family member on University in Bratislava in last few years. They were attacking them with pavement stones.

We had people openly celebrating death of 70 refugees found in truck car in Austria.

We had even referendum, which promoted hatespeech against LGBT people. Thankfully our Highest Court have not allowed some of the questions, but still it happened and the TV advertisements promoting this referendum were disgusting.

Our prime minister is at the moment actively promoting anti-islamic tension based on fearmongering. He openly said that we will allow help for only Christian refugees from Syria as a part of his pre-election advertisement.

And of course some Slovaks are currently fighting in Ukraine on both sides of conflict.

I know it's futile compared to what has happend in Beirut on Russian plane over Egypt or in Paris. But hate against anything "non-slovak" and "non-christian" is rising with alarming trending especially among the teenagers and in population under age of 30.

Frankly, as a Serbian I felt more at home in Slovakia than in any of the nearby countries I've been in (Austria, Czech republic, Hungary). I'm sure you know what the current political situation is, but when all is said and done, Slovakia doesn't have a real problem and you should be glad that that's the way it is. 

And you should be happy that your prime minister is smarter than Merkel, Hollande, Vucic and the rest of them put together. Down the line, he is doing you a favor.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Interesting... there are voices within France's government saying that in addition to extended period of "Emergency State", they will be actions such as demolishing mosques in which speech of hate is present openly.

This might be a really big thing if true...

Yes, if these Mosques are allowing Hate Speech then you need to close them down...harsh but fair
Sorry, but closing mosques, which serves to all of muslims, instead of bringing to justice the radical imams, which are spreading the hatespeach is retarded and will bring more death upon French, because it will be used only for propaganda of ISIS and their likes. It will solve nothing.

And I suppose you know, in the ghettos of Paris, in small mosques where everyone knows everyone else, when they're preaching in arabic - which one of them is spreading hate and which isn't? What do you think, that they're that stupid?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Well drowsy, do not think that he is better than anyone. He says everything just to be sure that he wins next year elections. It is all cold and calculated pre-election campaign. The first thing he has done after attacks in Paris, was to blame refugees.

He is slowly helping to turn this beautiful country into clerical-fascist country which we were during WW2. We already have one fascist voted into the office taking care of one of the biggest and poorest counties/regions who is gaining more and more power because of our prime ministers rhetorics.

What Merkel has done at the start of the crisis was foolish, but that does not change that our prime minister's intentions are as false as Louis Vitton's handbag on bazaar in Istanbul.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Politicians are all dip****s, but anything is better than the anti-nationalist self-destructive european left. If Europe goes back down the road of fascism, it will be the pseudo-left's uncompromising attitude that pushed people into it. 

To create a truly multicultural, tolerant society, you have to be tolerant yourself. People can't be forced to like or accept anyone, whether its Pride parades or muslims. It must happen organically, (the way you get to know a foreigner or someone different than you, realize that he's a good person and remain friends with him/her for years to come) or not at all - and definitely not as a social engineering project devised in Brussels or Washington. 

European parties united to ostracize and cut off any (truly) conservative (often christian) political parties from politics. The amount of hate piled one anyone expressing these views (especially on universities), even in their most moderate form is incredible, especially for societies that have actually sprung out of these roots.

Its no surprise that they're boomeranging back in a harsher form than necessary because of all the repression.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Surveillance in the Soviet Union was to suppress dissent. Surveillance in the US is to fight national security threats, a valid function of a democratic government. You're not free if you're being murdered by a terrorist, even if you yell whatever you want in the last moments of life. Don't conflate 2 completely different things.

Well StB and I am sure that KGB said the bolded thing the whole time as well ;)

I am sorry to tell that, but I really do not know, if I should laugh or facepalm about your naivity.

Infinite power corrupts infinitely, and mass surveillance of your own citizens is a pavement made out of sweet talks and fearmongering into the acquiring infinite power...

The real problem with using mass surveillance to fight terrorism is that the very idea hinges on an insanely paranoid projection regarding the number of domestic terrorists. With the population of the US, if there aren't tens, maybe even hundreds of thousands of terrorists working on domestic soil, the number of false positives you get is certain to drown out any relevant information you could possibly gather.

Politicians are all dip****s, but anything is better than the anti-nationalist self-destructive european left. If Europe goes back down the road of fascism, it will be the pseudo-left's uncompromising attitude that pushed people into it. 

(...) 

European parties united to ostracize and cut off any (truly) conservative (often christian) political parties from politics. The amount of hate piled one anyone expressing these views (especially on universities), even in their most moderate form is incredible, especially for societies that have actually sprung out of these roots.

Its no surprise that they're boomeranging back in a harsher form than necessary because of all the repression.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!"

When you sound like an abuser in search of excuses, maybe it's time for some introspection, eh?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Interesting... there are voices within France's government saying that in addition to extended period of "Emergency State", they will be actions such as demolishing mosques in which speech of hate is present openly.

Yes, if these Mosques are allowing Hate Speech then you need to close them down...harsh but fair 

No, it's a terrible idea.

If individuals associated with those mosques were actively helping (e.g. financing / recruiting for) terrorist organizations, and the police knew about it, then the police can (and would) already arrest those individuals.

So that's not what this is about. The "speech of hate" part suggests that what the people in those mosques are doing is not in fact participating in terror networks, but merely expressing opinions. Opinions which the majority of society might consider offensive and disgusting, but which must nonetheless be protected as free speech.

• Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

That's a parody, not an actual ISIS sympathizer.

It makes a good point though, and deserves to be quoted here:

"We did this because our holy texts exhort us to to do it."

"No you didn't."

"Wait, what? Yes we did..."

"No, this has nothing to do with religion. You guys are just using religion as a front for social and geopolitical reasons."

"WHAT!? Did you even read our official statement? We give explicit Quranic justification. This is jihad, a holy crusade against pagans, blasphemers, and disbelievers."

"No, this is definitely not a Muslim thing. You guys are not true Muslims, and you defame a great religion by saying so."

"Huh!? Who are you to tell us we're not true Muslims!? Islam is literally at the core of everything we do, and we have implemented the truest most literal and honest interpretation of its founding texts. It is our very reason for being."

"Nope. We created you. We installed a social and economic system that alienates and disenfranchises you, and that's why you did this. We're sorry."

"What? Why are you apologizing? We just slaughtered you mercilessly in the streets. We targeted unwitting civilians - disenfranchisement doesn't even enter into it!"

"Listen, it's our fault. We don't blame you for feeling unwelcome and lashing out."

"Seriously, stop taking credit for this! We worked really hard to pull this off, and we're not going to let you take it away from us."

"No, we nourished your extremism. We accept full blame."

"OMG, how many people do we have to kill around here to finally get our message across?"

• Like 2

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Hm, had always thought they didn't mind the mosques that produced radicals as they were good bait to draw people who could then be watched.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm sorry for what happened, our thoughts are with you 

John Milton 

Surveillance in the Soviet Union was to suppress dissent. Surveillance in the US is to fight national security threats, a valid function of a democratic government. You're not free if you're being murdered by a terrorist, even if you yell whatever you want in the last moments of life. Don't conflate 2 completely different things.

Well StB and I am sure that KGB said the bolded thing the whole time as well ;)

I am sorry to tell that, but I really do not know, if I should laugh or facepalm about your naivity.

Infinite power corrupts infinitely, and mass surveillance of your own citizens is a pavement made out of sweet talks and fearmongering into the acquiring infinite power...

The real problem with using mass surveillance to fight terrorism is that the very idea hinges on an insanely paranoid projection regarding the number of domestic terrorists. With the population of the US, if there aren't tens, maybe even hundreds of thousands of terrorists working on domestic soil, the number of false positives you get is certain to drown out any relevant information you could possibly gather.

(...) 

When you sound like an abuser in search of excuses, maybe it's time for some introspection, eh?

When you're setting the stage for something horrible, maybe its not appropriate to be surprised when it happens?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Works for the ISIS parody there. Meanwhile in Canada, a mosque was set on fire - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mosque-peterborough-fire-1.3320013

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Works for the ISIS parody there. Meanwhile in Canada, a mosque was set on fire - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mosque-peterborough-fire-1.3320013

But they're not going to set their own government building on fire for participating in the disintegration of Syria? 

You know, the greatest irony here is that ISIS is mostly ex Saddam's regular Iraqi army that the US left without a job after wrecking Iraq. You don't see the wisdom of leaving trained soldiers jobless in a ruin of a state questioned on CNN these days.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I dunno, seems like if you go down that road there is no turning back. Use existing legislation rather than start demolishing buildings. They are already doing that in Israel, doesn't work. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If only the world were more understanding and forgiving of Islam.

"LOOK WHAT WE BROUGHT ON OURSELVES!" :lol:

Outside of the USA I would say we make plenty of allowances for Islam :)

John Milton 

Says the man in whose country less 1.5% of the population practices Islam. Having lived in southern Africa I can attest that Islam is about as relevant in that region as snowshoes are in the Sahara.

You never let up with your passive-aggressive bull**** do you?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Says the man in whose country less 1.5% of the population practices Islam. Having lived in southern Africa I can attest that Islam is about as relevant in that region as snowshoes are in the Sahara.

You never let up with your passive-aggressive bull**** do you?

Well considering the fact I wasn't being passive-aggressive I would say I'm doing well

But as usual you jump to strange conclusions, I travel and work throughout Africa and ME so I would say I interact with loads of Muslims

John Milton 

If only the world were more understanding and forgiving of Islam.

"LOOK WHAT WE BROUGHT ON OURSELVES!" :lol:

Outside of the USA I would say we make plenty of allowances for Islam :)

Obviously that's not the case. :no:

Do you mean for me or in the USA ?

John Milton 

(...) 

When you're setting the stage for something horrible, maybe its not appropriate to be surprised when it happens?

In the scenario you envision ("if Europe goes back down the road of fascism..."), conservative voters choose to align with literal nazis rather than the left. You may have intended that to come across as an indictment of the left, but I'd say it paints a rather grim picture of those voters instead.

• Like 3

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."