Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

The Dubs season is RAPIDLY coming to an end.  As I said before, I'm not saying they can't beat OKC 3 times in a row, if anyone can, they can, but holy **** is that a difficult ask, especially given than the Thunder are peaking at the exact right time, right now.  I mean, on any given night you might get the Durant goes ape**** and drops 50 on 65% shooting night or the Westbrook actually hits his 3s and goes 32-10-12 night, and there are 3 chances for each of those.  Also, It took Billy Donovan an entire season, but he seems to have figured out how to coach an NBA team, again, at just the right time.  Dubs gotta dig real deep now.

Edit: I said before this series started that OKC was the Dubs' greatest threat in the west (possibly their greatest threat period now).  OKC can match Golden State's starpower man for man.  Before the playoffs it seemed like GS had the edge as an overall team, but Ibaka got his groove back, Steven Adams has developed into a legit threat, and Andre Roberson is inexplicably hitting shots.  OKC has the one man on the planet that can match Steph as a pure scorer and they are one of the few (maybe the only) more athletic teams in the entire league.  When OKC is firing on all cylinders, they are nearly impossible to stop.  The crazy thing is that they weren't even firing on all cylinders tonight.  Neither Durant nor Russ shot well tonight and they still smoked the Dubs.  When a team's 2 star players both have off shooting nights and they still trounce you...  Yikes.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yep. I predicted OKC in 7 and they are not losing 3 in a row. So they might be able to do it in 6. Steph looked off from the get go coming into this series and OKC is getting back to playing some defense like they used to when they first made it to the finals.

Edited by Inyourprime
  • Like 1

I wonder how this affects the legacy of the Warriors?  They established a new win record in the regular season, but now they may not even make the finals.  I think it is mitigated a bit by the fact they won last year and Curry is clearly not healthy, but it still is going to add an asterisk to that regular season.

Holy smokes, OKC has more length and athleticism than Golden State. The Thunder did a great job disrupting the Warriors' passing lanes and flow.

It'll be an uphill climb but if any team can go on a tear, it's the Warriors. They lost their focus the second half of game one and allowed OKC to come back down double digits at the half. Golden State will win Game 5 at home. Game 6 will be key because I can't see Golden State losing a Game 7 at home.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So I watched the game again today and well... Billy can coach. Kerr tried to mask Steph on defense but every single person he defended attacked him. He clearly tried to communicate with his teammates to switch but sometimes the help just didn't come fast enough.

So far, Kerr has had no answer for this adjustment. He had better figure out that and the lineup with Surge at the five spot out real quick, though. You got one more game, coach of the year.

Westbrook shot 3-10 last night when Curry was the primary defender...but that's kinda beside the point because the Warriors defensive scheme is to relentlessly switch out on pick n rolls.

The big problem was that GSW's team defense just utterly sucked the last two games. Dray especially needs to get his head back.

OKC currently has the series edge and suckerpunched the Warriors the second half of Game 1 to come back from the rout and steal one on the road. All other games have been blowouts for the home squad --considering the massive home court advantages for both sides.

Warriors in 7.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Depends how they lose. if they blow this 3-1 lead even against the Warriors there is no reason for him to stay. If they lose to CLE in a goods eries I can see him staying. If they lose TOR (LOL) he might slit his wrists but I just don't see TOR beating CLE in the series. How they've won two games I don't get it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Quite the choke job.  Nice to get a game 7, though.

Dude, it's the Warriors. Not a choke job when the Thunder are CLEARLY the inferior team.

PS

Andre Iguodala for President.

I have said it before, Iguodala is behind Curry and Green as the most important part of this Warriors team. Usually it is because he leads that bench, but last night it was because nobody can defend the best players in the league like he does.

• Like 1

"Dude, it's the Warriors. Not a choke job"

It *is* a choke job. Thunder was up 3-1. They led this game basically the whole way  until the end. Durant was throwing the ball towards the basket not even bothering to actually shoot and  being sloppy.  And, Westbrook, who was having a great game, decided to get Duranteese and got  lazy too. This is absolutely a choke job. When you have a great team like the Warriors down you gotta keep them down and stop helping them out. This was basically a team that could not close out. They didn't get that 3-1 lead by accident. Game 6 was a must win for the Thunder. I would not be surprised if GS wins  in the same manner the Cavs did when they closed out on Toronto.

• Like 1

The Warriors are indomitable. 

No double digit lead is safe. Being up 3-1 in the series is meaningless. Even Bernie knows it.

CjwSW_-VEAAlBpo.jpg

Last week, Golden State was down three games to one. Tonight, they finished off a great comeback in California. I like comebacks.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/737492131389005824

• Like 2

Every time they cut to a live aerial view from above the arena, I was like, does it ever get dark in Oakland, what time is it, the sun went down hours ago.

Fun game, I love seeing LeBron get the ball slapped cleanly out of his mitts.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I like how people bash the guy who nearly had a triple double and actually led his team yet ignore the fact Mr. MVP did almost nothing but watch his bench warmers do all the heavy lifting. LMAO

LeBron deserves to be bashed. His team lost and he got outplayed by the Warriors' bench.

This is Kerr bashing LeBron.

untitled-15coaom.gif

• Like 1

It was nice to see Draymond Green get it going.  He looked like he might be getting a bit worn down in the last 5 games or so, which would make sense given the long season and his style of play.  But he turned it on offensively last night.