Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

That finish.

Unbelievable!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If he never does another thing on the court what a shot to be remembered for! And he made it look easy. The big mo was going all the Tarheels way. Had it gone to OT North Carolina was going to win.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And Marcus Paige's heroics is now a footnote. Still, both shots were absolute clutch moments,

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't know if it was the best championship final ever, but it was certainly the best I'd ever seen. I started watching about 2 minutes into the second half. After the Panthers/Maple Leafs game ended.

Thomas Sowell

Steve Kerr: "Nobody beats the Golden State Warriors 34 games in a row on their home court!"

That's right, San Antonio. NOBODY.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

My end-of-season award picks vs. my pre-season picks: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82805-getting-it-in-the-hole-basketball-2k15-2k16/?p=1742845

MVP: Kevin Durant Stephen Curry
ROY: Karl Anthony Towns
DPOY: Draymond Green
COY: Brad Stevens Terry Stotts
6MOY: Isaiah Thomas Andre Iguodala

MIP: xxx C.J. McCollum

All NBA First Team
F: Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard
F: Lebron James
F/C: Anthony Davis Draymond Green
G: Stephen Curry
G: James Harden Russell Westbrook

ALL NBA Second Team
F: Blake Griffin Kevin Durant
F: Paul George
C: Marc Gasol Andre Drummond
G: Chris Paul
G: Russell Westbrook Kyle Lowry

ALL NBA Third Team
F: Kawhi Leonard Paul Millsap
F: Draymond Green Anthony Davis
C: Boogie Cousins
G: Jimmy Butler Dame Lillard
G: John Wall James Harden

ALL NBA Defense First Team
F: Draymond Green Paul Millsap
F: Kawhi Leonard
C: Rudy Gobert Draymond Green
G: Tony Allen Avery Bradley
G: Andre Iguodala

ALL NBA Defense Second Team
F: Paul George
F: Anthony Davis Jae Crowder
C: Andrew Bogut Rudy Gobert
G: Jimmy Butler
G: John Wall Danny Green

ALL Rookie First Team
F: Karl-Anthony Towns
F: Bobby Portis The Latverian Gangbanger
C: Jahlil Okafor

G: Emmanuel Mudiay Devin Booker
G: DeAngelo Russell C: Nikola Jokic

Kobe, you magnificent basterd.  60 pts on 50 shots --including 21 3-pt attempts. Even the Great Chucker in the sky did a double take.

...And the Warriors took #73.

• Like 1

*Good list that has been stained by James Harden*

Heh, James Harden? First team? Were you high that day?

This was back when the narrative was that Golden State was "lucky" and Harden or Lebron should have been MVP over Curry in '14-15.'

Mea culpa. I was probably a bit inebriated when I put Harden over Klay for the Third Team this year.

• Like 2

This was back when the narrative was that Golden State was "lucky" and Harden or Lebron should have been MVP over Curry in '14-15.'

Mea culpa. I was probably a bit inebriated when I put Harden over Klay for the Third Team this year.

Fair enough.

Thibs hired as Coach and President of Basketball Operations for the T-Wolves. That's a great gig.

He's got a lot of good young assets to work with: KAT, Ender, Lavine, Rubio and that crazy, cranky Uncle KG.

• Like 1

Kobe, you magnificent basterd.  60 pts on 50 shots --including 21 3-pt attempts. Even the Great Chucker in the sky did a double take.

That game was a farce.  The amount of blatant illegal screens and fouls not called during that game was comical.  Dudes were getting thrown to the ground, literally grabbed and thrown, and nothing was called.  That was basically Harlem Globetrotters vs Washington Generals.  That said, Kobe's performance was still impressive, given his age and the mileage on his body.

Given that it was the final game of one of the all-time greats and that the game had no bearing on the playoffs, I don't mind that much.  But let's not pretend that was a real NBA game.  That was an exhibition.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nah. It wasn't that impressive. Yeha he got 60 points - by hogging the ball and just throwing it up for giggles.

That's precisely why it was so impressive. Who else but Kobe would have the narcissism to chuck 50 shots on his farewell game. Lols.

• Like 3

By contrast, this is how you do a bench celebration after a great play.

Nah. It wasn't that impressive. Yeha he got 60 points - by hogging the ball and just throwing it up for giggles.

That's precisely why it was so impressive. Who else but Kobe would have the narcissism to chuck 50 shots on his farewell game. Lols.

Heh.

• Like 2