Democrat Presidential Debate

BruceVC

Clinton being a Wall Street shill makes her look far worse than a staffer being assblasted.

Its funny but this whole " down with Wall Street " I have never really understood

We need to recognize the important, some would say critical, role that the various financial institutions and corporations in Wall Street play....an economic reality where Wall Street collapses or is seriously undermined would lead to a global depression

So I'm not sure why we seem to have issues with Wall Street, we should try to see Wall Street as a real friend of the free market and sustainable economic growth  :geek:

Spoken like a true foreigner, right now we all hate corporations and the Fed for ****ing the economy, hijacking the government, getting bailed on tax dollars and just for making everyone's lives harder all around.

Yet you have the strongest economy in the world, a very low unemployment rate, a robust and vibrant corporate sector and real economic growth in many sectors....shame poor you Americans  ;)

So yes you right, as a foreigner I don't understand this criticism of the economy of the USA 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yet you have the strongest economy in the world, a very low unemployment rate, a robust and vibrant corporate sector and real economic growth in many sectors....shame poor you Americans  wink.png

So yes you right, as a foreigner I don't understand this criticism of the economy of the USA

Richest country in the world, 20% of children in poverty, only just above Romania. [source]

Bravo America.

• Like 1

Yet you have the strongest economy in the world, a very low unemployment rate, a robust and vibrant corporate sector and real economic growth in many sectors....shame poor you Americans wink.png

Richest country in the world, 20% of children in poverty, only just above Romania. [source]

Bravo America.

Indeed. To top it off.

We are the country that, when the housing market crashed because of banks doing shadey stuff, our government gave the banks money to bail them out. Where they could have used that money to the pay the loans of people defaulting on their homes(because the banks doing shadey stuff), and not caused people to lose said homes. The banks would have been bailed out (they get the money for the homes) and those people wouldn't be homeless in one swoop.

Slow clap for Murica.

• Like 1

Yet you have the strongest economy in the world, a very low unemployment rate, a robust and vibrant corporate sector and real economic growth in many sectors....shame poor you Americans  wink.png

Bravo America.

Nope. This statistic does not measure the number of children in poverty.

It's a measure of how some households are even richer than others, thus raising the median:

"relative poverty line, which UNICEF defines as living in a household that earns less than half of the national median"

If your quarrel is with inequality itself, then make that argument.

Stop making misleading claims about poverty to try and bolster your case.

Edited by Ineth
  • Like 2

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Yeah Bartho, stop spreading your propaganda. Even if we use the highly inflated "poverty" stats by the US, these leeches are still surviving off more than two dollars a day and most have ceiling fans! Ceiling fans! Do you think real poor kids have ceiling fans in their huts? Check your ceiling fan privilege and be thankful for that, you ungrateful parasites.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is a ridiculous story.  It smacks a lot more of the Laugh Factory boss trying to drum up attention than an attack on free speech.  

Both Clinton and Trump strike me as rather humorless,

Trump humorless? Nonsense. 

Being good at writing mean tweets is different than having a good sense of humor.

This is a ridiculous story. It smacks a lot more of the Laugh Factory boss trying to drum up attention than an attack on free speech.

Both Clinton and Trump strike me as rather humorless,

Trump humorless? Nonsense.

Being good at writing mean tweets is different than having a good sense of humor.

Check his roast at comedy central. He's realny funny.

His writers are funny, just like the writers are funny when Clinton goes on SNL.  

Bravo America.

It's a measure of how some households are even richer than others, thus raising the median:

"relative poverty line, which UNICEF defines as living in a household that earns less than half of the national median"

Exactly, there's a world of difference between Romanian poverty and American poverty. Besides, we can never wipe out poverty because we keep importing the poor, because according to some, and you know who you are, we just can't do without the cheap third world labor.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Bravo America.

Exactly, there's a world of difference between Romanian poverty and American poverty. Besides, we can never wipe out poverty because we keep importing the poor, because according to some, and you know who you are, we just can't do without the cheap third world labor.

Also WOD.... "wipe out poverty "  and similar statements are just a distraction

You will always have a level of poverty in society...there will always be people who are indigent , I don't go to sleep at night thinking  " I want to solve global hunger and eradicate the scourge of social inequality  " that  is just rhetoric used by people like Baro to undermine Western institutions when he finds fault or raises issues similar to the Romanian children example 

And its not that I don't think these are noble endeavors, I am just a  realist and pragmatist and I prefer to have objectives that I can influence and really commit to. I believe in a more equitable and fair society. Governments have a certain level of responsibility to ensure this and  end of the day Western countries offer there citizens the best quality of life and have the happiest citizens...and I know people dont like to accept this but I am fine with this view as it reflects the reality 

Western countries really offer the means and institutions to economically uplift people but yes not everyone can and will be part of this. That doens't change the fact that its actually quite good to live in the West  :geek:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"I want to solve global hunger and eradicate the scourge of social inequality" that is just rhetoric used by people like Baro to undermine Western institutions

That's me.

Yes I am well aware thats you view, that is why I specifically mentioned you  :biggrin:

Don't you think I'm really funny Baro ....like really funny ?

John Milton 

If ending social inequality and starvation requires the destruction of Western institutions, then those institutions should be destroyed.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If ending social inequality and starvation requires the destruction of Western institutions, then those institutions should be destroyed.

A more accurate question should be " do you think the destruction of Western institutions would bring about social equality and end starvation " 

I would say this is highly unlikely and will just exacerbate these problems globally 

• Like 1

John Milton 

Clinton being a Wall Street shill makes her look far worse than a staffer being assblasted.

Its funny but this whole " down with Wall Street " I have never really understood

We need to recognize the important, some would say critical, role that the various financial institutions and corporations in Wall Street play....an economic reality where Wall Street collapses or is seriously undermined would lead to a global depression

So I'm not sure why we seem to have issues with Wall Street, we should try to see Wall Street as a real friend of the free market and sustainable economic growth  :geek:

Because over the past 10-15 years Wall Street has become built around predatory lending where they'll bet your house on their stocks, but when it goes wrong they'll sidestep any fault. The same practices that ruined the economy in 2008 are still in effect, if curtailed a touch, and the suggestion that Clinton (Who's notably been a part of the Wall Street machine before) would be tough on wall street is hard for people to accept.

One of the reasons Bernie has a chance is because he'd break up Wall Street to the point that the investments that they make are on them, while my savings account will be kept safe.

Basically, Wall Street IS this speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WjnbtNgYNg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A more accurate question should be " do you think the destruction of Western institutions would bring about social equality and end starvation " 

I would say this is highly unlikely and will just exacerbate these problems globally

You're the one who said starvation and inequality were linked to western institutions in the first place Bruce.

You're the one who said starvation and inequality were linked to western institutions in the first place Bruce.

No you must have misunderstood me or I didn't explain properly

In Western countries social inequality exists as does starvation but its not intrinsically part of Western ideology

But Western economic policies and Western governments and institutions offer citizens the best chance to uplift people out of these problematic social realities 

But you cannot say  " the Western  systems of government have failed or need to fail to change the cycle of poverty  "  because poverty will always exist in every country and ideology so its unreasonable metric to judge the West on

I hope this makes sense?

• Like 1

John Milton 

It makes sense that a rich guy who works in the financial sector would support such institutions.

• Like 1

Don't say it, to name it is to give it power

Really though I wonder how much more consideration some of his ideas what get without the labels

Free games updated 3/4/21

Don't say it, to name it is to give it power

Really though I wonder how much more consideration some of his ideas what get without the labels

He does better than people who would normally vote Republican than Hillary does. Whether it's because they like his ideas or he's just more likable is anyone's guess.

The senile old man is confused, or more likely lying. He says he's against capitalism, so he has to be a Socialist, what else is there? Or may be he just doesn't know what all those big words actually mean.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The senile old man is confused, or more likely lying. He says he's against capitalism, so he has to be a Socialist, what else is there?

Mutalism, Primitivism, Feudalism, Technocracy.